Dundee United v St. Johnstone Colts

40 minutes ago, banana said:

The Midget brewing a nice head's gone here.

37 minutes ago, MacArab said:

That’s fucking plenty pal.

Let’s just leave it there.

29 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Well, this seems an entirely proportionate response to losing a game you apparently don't care about. Excellent stuff.

An extremely touchy fanbase. Don't worry, lads. I'll include plenty of emojis in future so you can successfully decipher the tone of my posts. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

An extremely touchy fanbase. Don't worry, lads. I'll include plenty of emojis in future so you can successfully decipher the tone of my posts. 

I find wee swig of IRN-BRU is quite good for getting that bitter taste out your mouth. 

Although in this case you might prefer Coke. 

Bit surprised to come on this thread and see any form of positive from United fans about this result, but there you go. Things must be a bit desperate

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit surprised to come on this thread and see any form of positive from United fans about this result, but there you go. Things must be a bit desperate

Says the c**t who was showing off a semi at the prospect of beating a reserve team earlier. How awkward.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Winner-e1534365686816.jpg

Sad to see wee TRS is still triggered by something a Dundee United fan said to him years ago. Hope he's feeling better soon and stops taking it out on us all.

FB_IMG_1534374559191.jpg.1a8815145d39a783d11c119f82583d2a.jpg

I'd rather United were out of this but I suppose it is good experience for Easton in preparation for Laszlo being sent to talk to the flowers.

Love and light.

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Says the c**t who was showing off a semi at the prospect of beating a reserve team earlier. How awkward.

Fancy quoting any post highlighting me "showing off"? Or is me laughing at how desperate your club has been to highlight how you'll be playing "reserves and youths" now filed as that?

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fancy quoting any post highlighting me "showing off"? Or is me laughing at how desperate your club has been to highlight how you'll be playing "reserves and youths" now filed as that?

Tbf, I suggested you were displaying a semi at the prospect of beating our reserves. You clearly were and now you've got the wangst.

I'd have thought you chaps would be over the inferiority thing with United, having actually tasted genuine success at our expense but it seems otherwise. Such a wee shame.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, I suggested you were displaying a semi at the prospect of beating our reserves. You clearly were and now you've got the wangst.

I'd have thought you chaps would be over the inferiority thing with United, having actually tasted genuine success at our expense but it seems otherwise. Such a wee shame.

I'm not sure I was. All I've done is laugh at United for trying to mask the fact their first team had a competitive match against our youth side. 

2 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

I don't think many actually bothered to look at Dundee Utd's lineup last night and just the result. It was basically another colt team. 

I have a few points to make in response to this post.

1. If I made the effort of reading through Dundee United's starting XI, I'd have no way of differentiating their strongest line-up from a colts line-up. Their squad is filled with a multitude of irrelevant non-entities.

2. Because of your post, I decided to waste my valuable time by researching each individual player in the United starting XI. Only two of them haven't already made several senior appearances. Therefore, it's maybe fairer to describe their starting line-up as a 'reserves' team rather than a 'colts' one. In this case, the result is still an embarrassment.

3. Regardless of their line-up, the history books will read 'Dundee United 3-2 St. Johnstone Under 21s', not 'Dundee United (whose team was largely made up of Under 21s) 3-2 St. Johnstone Under 21s'. It was a first-team fixture for Dundee United. Ultimately, it was their decision to field a number of back-up options. Maybe they felt like they could comfortably get the job done without their first-choice players. Maybe it was an intentional attempt to prevent a potential embarrassment for their senior players. Either way, Dundee United supporters are ecstatic about scoring a last-minute winner in a first-team fixture against St. Johnstone's Under 21s. Make of that what you will.

I have a few points to make in response to this post.
1. If I made the effort of reading through Dundee United's starting XI, I'd have no way of differentiating their strongest line-up from a colts line-up. Their squad is filled with a multitude of irrelevant non-entities.
2. Because of your post, I decided to waste my valuable time by researching each individual player in the United starting XI. Only two of them haven't already made several senior appearances. Therefore, it's maybe fairer to describe their starting line-up as a 'reserves' team rather than a 'colts' one. In this case, the result is still an embarrassment.
3. Regardless of their line-up, the history books will read 'Dundee United 3-2 St. Johnstone Under 21s', not 'Dundee United (whose team was largely made up of Under 21s) 3-2 St. Johnstone Under 21s'. It was a first-team fixture for Dundee United. Ultimately, it was their decision to field a number of back-up options. Maybe they felt like they could comfortably get the job done without their first-choice players. Maybe it was an intentional attempt to prevent a potential embarrassment for their senior players. Either way, Dundee United supporters are ecstatic about scoring a last-minute winner in a first-team fixture against St. Johnstone's Under 21s. Make of that what you will.

What a fucking loser

Archived