Dundee United v St. Johnstone Colts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it will be a reserve side United are fielding in this competition.  The additions of the colts and non Scottish teams while maybe a novelty at first, now longer feels like that and instead if anything it devalues the competition.  This is the least important of the competitions this year anyway.  

This year has to be all about getting promotion ideally as champions and a decent run in either Betfred or Scottish Cup. 

40 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

19-0 to the Arabs please.

You can take your foot off the gas a bit in the second half, however.

United reserves if you please.  I won't turn a big win for them down though.  At least it looks like the first team will be rested for these games which I am not upset about.  The league and promotion take priority.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2018 at 00:41, CaspianChris said:

United reserves if you please.  I won't turn a big win for them down though.  At least it looks like the first team will be rested for these games which I am not upset about.  The league and promotion take priority.

You don't want to be doing that. If you get pumped the records will show that your first team got horsed by St Johnstone Colts...

On 28/06/2018 at 23:24, CaspianChris said:

At least it will be a reserve side United are fielding in this competition.  The additions of the colts and non Scottish teams while maybe a novelty at first, now longer feels like that and instead if anything it devalues the competition.  This is the least important of the competitions this year anyway.  

This year has to be all about getting promotion ideally as champions and a decent run in either Betfred or Scottish Cup. 

Oops. That’s the Betfred gone.

• 4 weeks later...

So the week has finally arrived. (World Famous) Dundee United first team against St Johnstone U21s in a national cup competition.

History suggests that the colt teams in general will pretty much all bow out this week (usually a good thing in terms of the farce the tournament has become) if faced with proper opposition but this has the potential to be peak banter in the history of banter eras if Saints can somehow progress.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I take its the SPFL that have a minimum price per ticket and nobody at Utd seriously expects anyone to pay ten quid to watch two youth teams.

Nope - Dundee Colts v Hibs Colts is a fiver for adults tonight

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I take its the SPFL that have a minimum price per ticket and nobody at Utd seriously expects anyone to pay ten quid to watch two youth teams.

It's only the Premiership teams that use their youth teams. This is a first team competition for Dundee United.

Archived