Craigmark Burntonians 18/19

Burntonian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, VORman said:

Think it shows quite clearly ours was a penalty. Yours probably. Still don’t see the touch but can see why given and the free kick is still a conundrum. Good footage though.

Both penalties in my opinion.   Third goal looked a free kick to Craigmark

I wasn't at the game, so I can only view from Gerry's video.

At the debated free kick, it looked to me like the referee was playing advantage for what he deemed to be a foul on Ryan McArdle, as he stopped the game when he got in the way and gave a foul to Glencairn about 10 yards away where the ball had originally come from.

Glencairn's penalty is a penalty. No debate for me. Craigmark's non-penalty looked like it probably could/should have been given, although the player looks like he wants to go down before the tug by Jay McKay.

If the referee has shown two yellow cards to a Craigmark player and not produced a red card, as has been alleged, then that balances out the non-award of a penalty to Craigmark.

As has been pointed out above, the game ended 5-1 with the Craigmark goalie making several fine saves.

At the debated free kick, it looked to me like the referee was playing advantage for what he deemed to be a foul on Ryan McArdle, as he stopped the game when he got in the way and gave a foul to Glencairn about 10 yards away where the ball had originally come from.

Glencairn's penalty is a penalty. No debate for me. Craigmark's non-penalty looked like it probably could/should have been given, although the player looks like he wants to go down before the tug by Jay McKay.

If the referee has shown two yellow cards to a Craigmark player and not produced a red card, as has been alleged, then that balances out the non-award of a penalty to Craigmark.

As has been pointed out above, the game ended 5-1 with the Craigmark goalie making several fine saves.

Again the thread was started about the ref not the result. But a fair appraisal.

51 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I may be wrong but I have always believed that penalties awarded when teams are tied can alter the course of the game. Glens were the best team and deserved to win however if the penalty had been given then who knows

I may be wrong but I have always believed that penalties awarded when teams are tied can alter the course of the game. Glens were the best team and deserved to win however if the penalty had been given then who knows
Fair point. My first instinct on watching it from the camera angle was that the Craigmark player was already on his way to the ground before McKay tugged his arm. Perhaps that was the referee's view as well, and he doesn't get to watch a slow-motion replay like we do. I wouldn't have complained much if it had been given, though. The other penalty claim that wasn't given at the other end (the challenge on McKay) isn't too clear on the video.

Respect!!!! He was applying for jobs while here. And that’s why he was sacked. Ask the players who the REAL manager last season was. I understand your backing your manager. But what he says to your face and what he says behind your back are 2 different things.

Nothing to do with girvan.

So, if we are to believe the story above and let's say another individual was to be congratulated for the success, why did you keep hold of spank the full season if he was useless??

You called him “useless” not me. But it is a accurate description of his abilities.
I don’t know why he was kept for the season. He didn’t take training and when he got involved in team talks it was like Saturday at the comedy club.

So given you were privy to team talks you must either be a player who played under him or one of the coaching staff??

I’m the spokesperson for myself. all I’m doing is echoing the thoughts of the dressing room.
I have 1st hand experience of him being totally inept. Your the embarrassment coming on and defending him. He’s a joke figure. He’s still phoning players and they’re laughing at it.

So let me get all this straight and clear..

1. Greg was the manager and spank did nothing?

2. Spank never took training?

3. Greg brought in the players and took you to promotion?

4. The players and staff all hated spank but he was kept on?

Poor Greg, seems the poor guy got no plaudits for a remarkable season and Spank took it all while doing nothing... smell shite bud!

That takes me to this season..

1. How did both managers get on in the recent head to head?

2. Is Greg currently achieving like last season now the elephant in the room is gone?

Face it pal, you were no doubt a sub or someone who got released and very bitter at spank.

Grow up!!

Ps. When you look back at your own posts, you might want to delete the ones praising Spank and the job he done st craigmark..

1. Yes

2. He did. But was poor. Very basic.

3. Spanks brought in players. He’s good at talk dung to players to get them to sign. And Greg managed us to promotion.

4. No one hated spanks. But he was trying to engineer a move for months.

5. Greg got plenty plaudits from within the club. Not from media. That’s why he is manager and spanks was sacked.

This season......

1. Girvan won. Much bigger budget.

2.Yes. In league above and picking up points with a fraction of spanks budget.

Never got released and wasn’t a sub.

P.s I was being polite to spanks. But once he started posting as Roxy then the gloves are off.

Would not swap players regardless of budget. Craigmark were the far better team. Obviously the score does not represent that but much as it was a disappointment to lose. It would have been worse had we not played so well.

33 minutes ago, VORman said:

Would not swap players regardless of budget. Craigmark were the far better team. Obviously the score does not represent that but much as it was a disappointment to lose. It would have been worse had we not played so well.

The league table backs your statement up.. NOT!

Archived