miraculous last-minute goings on

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Last season, in true Raith style, we needed to match Ayr's result and we win the league in our home game at Alloa.

Ayr won 1-0. We hit the post in the 2nd minute of injury time. The Anti-Aguero moment.

I will never tire of posting this video 

Drawing 0-0 at Raith Rovers in 99/2000 towards the last quarter of the season and we go 1-0 down to an 85th minute goal.

Mark Yardley equalises in the 88th minute, Raith put the ball down, we take it off them and Junior Mendes scores the winner 40 seconds later.

A totally boring, forgettable match and then from despair to flying limbs in the space of 4 mental minutes. Definitely the catapult for us winning the league that season.

17 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In a dross season with awful players playing really badly, about 6 minutes of craziness managed to at least brighten up Dunfermline's 2013/14 season - Pars were 3-0 down at Ochilview after about an hour but clawed back 2 goals to make it 3-2 and it looked like an away win was incoming. Stenny scored another though and going into the 85th minutes we were 4-2 down and looking devoid of ideas. 3 goals in 6 minutes including an injury time winner by Andy Geggan saw us complete an unlikely comeback and win 5-4. Pretty sure we also scored very late against them in a home fixture that season too.

I was at that game. Glorious stuff.

Loads of folk left after the 3rd Stenny goal, but I imagine in years to come the number of fans claiming to have been there will well exceed how many actually attended, especially after loads left.

My personal favourite last minute goal was by Allan Walker at east end. We had been down 2-0 and needed atleast a draw to stay top of the league above the pars. We pulled one back with about 15 to go and right at the death walker scored with a glorious header.

Harry Panayiotou scores with the last kick of the game to stop sevco winning the league at Starks Park after missing a penalty only a minute before.

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

My personal favourite last minute goal was by Allan Walker at east end. We had been down 2-0 and needed atleast a draw to stay top of the league above the pars. We pulled one back with about 15 to go and right at the death walker scored with a glorious header.

Harry Panayiotou scores with the last kick of the game to stop sevco winning the league at Starks Park after missing a penalty only a minute before.

Is there not a good one of Raith at Central Park when Simmons scores a last gasp winner?

On 26/06/2018 at 21:44, 7-2 said:

Herman, do you realise you've just set up another thread that'll soon be 48 pages of pictures of the 2016 Scottish Cup Final?

Did someone mention ludicrous celebration at one end of the ground and utter desolation at the other?

Clyde had a match at Cappielow against Morton about 10 years ago, a bit of a relegation battle, where we trailed 1-0 going into stoppage time. We'd not played well at all, but somehow managed to net twice in stoppage time. That amount of adrenaline isn't healthy and it's the sort of feeling that I'd imagine won't be repeated again in my time watching football.

Sadly, they then binned Jim McInally and ended up escaping the playoffs (which we survived). Didn't do us any good in the long run.

We also had a wee run this season where we scored winners in three consecutive games in 85, 89 and 90 minutes. After only getting 6 league wins in the previous year that was quite enjoyable.

Had a mate visit from Germany a few years back so I took him along to see the Colorado Rapids play their local (500 miles away) rivals Salt Lake. It was an utterly turgid game on a bitterly cold night but the Rapids managed to fumble in an early goal. That was the last point of interest until 4 minutes from the end. The Rapids lost 2-1.

I once went down to Gretna to watch a mate play for East Stirling. Was at the time they were getting skelped pretty much every week (diver had got the sack days before), and Gretna had just started throwing the dosh around.

Gretna went 1-0 up as expected, before they got a player sent off for dissent after being booked for a foul. Me and the other 3 East Stirling fans felt this was their chance for a great result!

Wee Stuart Kelly equalised for the Shire with 10 mins to go, and it looked like only 1 team could win...

Cue defensive chaos in the 92nd minute for East Stirling as per usual, leading to Gretna scoring to go 2-1 up. Amazingly, they then managed to take centre and immediately make a cock up of it and let Gretna in for a 3rd about 10 seconds after the kick off.

Was fun watching the Shire that season, was some hilarious games over the course of the year, including one at Albion Rovers where they managed to have 4 different goalkeepers during the game, including their centre mid who saved a penalty.

Archived