Spanish P&B Inspired Tour

I'm being made redundant at the end of this week and as a result I will have a few quid in the bank and plenty of free time as of July. I've already booked a ticket to Madrid to see the Mad Cool Festival between the 12th and the 14th of July, but I haven't made a single plan for after that. The plan is to stay out there until I either run out of cash or get bored.

Have any P&Bers ever jumped on a plane without a return ticket?

Have any P&Bers done a Spanish Tour?

Where should I go? What should I do? All suggestions will be appreciated.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm being made redundant at the end of this week and as a result I will have a few quid in the bank and plenty of free time as of July. I've already booked a ticket to Madrid to see the Mad Cool Festival between the 12th and the 14th of July, but I haven't made a single plan for after that. The plan is to stay out there until I either run out of cash or get bored.

Have any P&Bers ever jumped on a plane without a return ticket?

Have any P&Bers done a Spanish Tour?

Where should I go? What should I do? All suggestions will be appreciated.

Visit Almeria.

The have, sin gas and con leche, fiesta and feria, the song of the chochona, brandy and half corona, Leonardo and his accordione and calamari and macaroni.

Might need to change your name to Francesco Vasquez Garcia to be welcomed in though.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Seville and Cadiz in the South, Santiago de Compostela in the North.

Santiago de Compostela is full of religious fuckwits.  I was there for a (non religious) conference many years ago and it was a lovely place though I did get stopped and asked for directions!

The workers co-operatives in Mondragon in the Basque Country are interesting, as is a visit to Rioja.

Barcelona is a must for any tour of Spain.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Santiago de Compostela is full of religious fuckwits.  I was there for a (non religious) conference many years ago and it was a lovely place though I did get stopped and asked for directions!

Spent 3 months doing a course and got to know the locals. They just quietly laugh at the pilgrims and take their money. Loved the place. You get served wine in soup bowls and get to hear bagpipes in the Witches Bar. Very medieval.

• 2 weeks later...
It’s been so hot in Madrid it has been on the news. I thought we only did that shit. Never saw any headlines saying it was hotter than Glasgow, which was a tad disappointing.
Head up to Galicia, it'll be pishing down there. It's like Fort William or Wales.

Got  a train ticket from a travellers site that was a one way ticket to Casablanca in Morocco, that was back in the early eighties ,travelled back up from there via Fez ,Marrakesh,  Ceuta, visited sevilla, Huelva , lisbon. on the way to madrid , back on the lusitania express..

Morocco was a shithole, got money stolen and couldnt wait to get out of the place, kept getting hassled everywhere .stayed in Algeciras on the way too and met loads of other travellers there 

many good memories Sevilla and the gold tower..huelva and the cheap pensione's doubling as brothels.

10 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Off to Salamanca for a couple of days tomorrow, then onto Sevilla probably via Merida. Anyone been there?

And tonight’s dinner was a bit of a test to get through. Nice of them to go balls out with the salad.

Looks like something John Candy tried to eat in The Great Outdoors.

Archived