Little Racist House on the Prairie

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Nothing wrong with the Waltons, mate.

:(

In the 21st Century Grampa Walton would be a David Koresch figure leading his Branch Davidian family.

Waltons mountain would have bunkers and gun towers with assualt rifles trained on the surrounding ATF and FBI laying siege to the property as John-Boy wrote and published Alt-Right  / The Next Civil War materia lon his web page - I can't wait for the Sky Atlantic modern re-working that can be only days away.

11 hours ago, coprolite said:

I didn't realise it was a book. Up there with the waltons and sons and daughters for making me go play outside as a kid.  

Ban the boring b*****ds.

Neither did I! :lol:

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I know you are, what am I?

I'm not sure what you are.

Just because I currently live in England doesn't necessarily make me a racist - although if I stay here much longer I could very well turn into one.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When I read the thread title I thought "banana will be all over that" and sure enough the very first reply starts with him saying "Progressives".  It's almost parody now.

Exactly!

Glad you're catching on to the insane parody that 'Progressivism' has made of itself :)

4 minutes ago, Menzel said:

For someone that goes on about pearl clutchers, banana sure is a fucking crybaby. 

That PhD-ing still doing wonders for your intellect I see :unsure2:

I read Gone With the Wind in school. The movie gets criticised for glamourising slavery and presenting happy slaves, but the novel is something else. African Americans are likened to monkeys, Scarlett O’Hara, after being laughed at, condemns them as “impudent black apes”, and I seem to recall at one point the characters end up smudged with soot only to laugh about looking “like darkies”.

I reckon this is why there will never be any kind of remake or new adaptation of the novel. It’s pretty shocking stuff (although Margaret Mitchell herself was a patron of African American charities, I believe!). 

Different times, just like Ingalls. The only measure of whether these people were beyond the pale is to assess what their contemporaries thought of them (for example, Churchill was viewed as having disgusting views by many of his peers, so we can’t excuse him as a product of his times). 

Archived