is hair dye acceptable for men?

is dye acceptable?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My father and grandfathers were not balding and I'm glad the didn't. But my dad was already grey in his 30s and so do I now. I don't plan to dye it, at least for now, and I don't have anything against dyed hair at all. I also think that this thread is an appropriate place for the article about hair types. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Guy in my work has over done the Just for Men. He lools like Alvin Stardust.

A bloke in  my old work used to dye his every few months - he looked like Mrs Doubtfire.  

Edit - On reflection,  he was more like Jon Pertwee

Edited by hk blues

35 and only even seen 1 solitary grey hair, called it Derek and helped him off to his new life after being shown to the wife before being dropped toilet direction. That was 2 years ago so either his replacement has been good at hide and seek or my hair learned it's lesson.
Was actually told by a colleague that they would find me attractive if I went grey. Which was weird and came from nowhere so that's nice.
Oh and she is a wid.

I went bald rather than grey so never had that issue, but about 15 years ago we were down for a piss up weekend in York and I put a James McFadden style red stripe through my hair with cheap spray on dye from Boots. Unfortunately it rained and the dye was not water resistant.

A literal red neck.

Mind about ten years ago when it was fashionable for schoolkids to spray a random circle of colour onto their hair? WTF was that all about?

Broadening the topic a little, at what age does it become a bit sad(der) to dye your hair blue/green/pink/etc? Aye, obviously nobody's stopping you, but there's something a bit "fooling naebdy" about somebody with bright cerise hair in middle-age.

...until the ladies hit seventy, of course, when the blue/pink/purple rinse becomes an option. Glad to see that coming back into fashion again, as it was practically mandatory when I was a kid.

14 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Mind about ten years ago when it was fashionable for schoolkids to spray a random circle of colour onto their hair? WTF was that all about?

Broadening the topic a little, at what age does it become a bit sad(der) to dye your hair blue/green/pink/etc? Aye, obviously nobody's stopping you, but there's something a bit "fooling naebdy" about somebody with bright cerise hair in middle-age.

...until the ladies hit seventy, of course, when the blue/pink/purple rinse becomes an option. Glad to see that coming back into fashion again, as it was practically mandatory when I was a kid.

You had a blue rinse when you were  a kid?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You had a blue rinse when you were  a kid?

No, but could you ask Jacksgrandma what kind of dye they use? Is it just the regular stuff diluted to the point that you get a slight tinge, but no more?

Still a bit mystified as to how elderly women decided that blue hair was the way to go, but not too blue, Ethel...

• 1 month later...

My husband dyed his hair for the first time a week ago.  He was very insecure about his looks and he wanted to change something. He asked me about my opinion and I said that I think it was a wonderful idea. I helped him with the process. I've read an interesting article at beauty-tips-and-tricks.com/ about how to color your own hair at home. The article claims that unwashed hair is the best and that you should use Vaseline and olive oil. I have to say that everything turned out great.

21 minutes ago, TheaJ said:

My husband dyed his hair for the first time a week ago.  He was very insecure about his looks and he wanted to change something. He asked me about my opinion and I said that I think it was a wonderful idea. I helped him with the process. I've read an interesting article at beauty-tips-and-tricks.com/ about how to color your own hair at home. The article claims that unwashed hair is the best and that you should use Vaseline and olive oil. I have to say that everything turned out great.

Wid

27 minutes ago, TheaJ said:

nintchdbpict0003540376691.jpg

1 hour ago, TheaJ said:

What a coincidence that the person writing that article has the same name as you. 

Do one, Thea.