is hair dye acceptable for men?

is dye acceptable?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Chinese bloke in my work dyes his hair. One day his dome is as white as a ghost, next day it’s as black as the ace of spades.

Plus he’s a useless fucker.

An ex-colleague of mine used to (possibly still does) dye his hair a strawberry blond colour - we were in Hong Kong but neither of us are Chinese as far as I can tell. 

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Chinese bloke in my work dyes his hair. One day his dome is as white as a ghost, next day it’s as black as the ace of spades.

Plus he’s a useless fucker.

Yep, my father-in-law did the same. Got the wife to do it for him, and I was warned not to mention it, as he didn't want people to notice.

What the f**k goes through these people's minds? "I want to suddenly appear younger and sexier to everyone, but without them realising why"?  :unsure:

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

An ex-colleague of mine used to (possibly still does) dye his hair a strawberry blond colour - we were in Hong Kong but neither of us are Chinese as far as I can tell. 

46546DB400000578-5080577-Feeling_fruity_

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
Oh, Strawberry BLONDE. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

Men who dye their hair are clearly insecure and probably have small dicks too.

My hair used to be grey but can now best be described as white.

I would never consider dying it as I am not vain and I really could not be bothered.

Men are judged less on their looks than women; particularly as they grow older.

I will refrain from commenting on dick size.

To be fair to the Dylon dudes, there was a study a while back that showed men in office jobs who dyed their grey hair were more likely to be in promoted positions than their greying comrades, the inference being that the men who appear older are more likely to be passed over or laid off entirely. That's a bit of a shite position to end up in, especially if you have to start feigning interest in the young person music and using words like "sick" and "broheim".

Have any older, Dundee United-leaning P&Bers experienced ageism in its many forms?

Small patch of grey on one side which has been there since I was 21 or so but is recently starting to expand. Can't be fucked with the effort of dying my hair, I spend enough time trimming my nostrils and plucking relative antlers from my eyebrows to start worrying about that shit as well.

Edited by Ross.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

To be fair to the Dylon dudes, there was a study a while back that showed men in office jobs who dyed their grey hair were more likely to be in promoted positions than their greying comrades, the inference being that the men who appear older are more likely to be passed over or laid off entirely. That's a bit of a shite position to end up in, especially if you have to start feigning interest in the young person music and using words like "sick" and "broheim".

Have any older, Dundee United-leaning P&Bers experienced ageism in its many forms?

I am an older Dundee United-leaning P&Ber who has been posting on her for quite a while and I have never experienced ageism.  Not once.  It is a very tolerant community.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I am an older Dundee United-leaning P&Ber who has been posting on her for quite a while and I have never experienced ageism.  Not once.  It is a very tolerant community.

Praise the Lord.