Fixtures 2018/19

Viewparker

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Kennie came to the meeting with a provisional fixture list with dates allocated for cup and league. The Johnstone Burgh proposal amending the new sectional cup proposal was voted in to replace the two existing sectional cups. This meant that the sections in the original proposal had to be redrawn thus invalidating Kennie's provisional fixture list. Hope this helps. Give the guy a chance before you condemn him.

I want him to succeed, he must be better than what came before but maybe he just needs to take a wee breath and play his cards a wee bit closer to his chest before he shows his hand. 

You're really not understanding this, are you ? Kennie did not set the dates, the clubs did. There were 63 delegates who left the meeting to tell their clubs what was agreed. None of this is in any way a lack of discretion by Kennie.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

You're really not understanding this, are you ? Kennie did not set the dates, the clubs did. There were 63 delegates who left the meeting to tell their clubs what was agreed. None of this is in any way a lack of discretion by Kennie.

So you are saying that the fixture secretary didn’t set the dates for the fixtures. 

3 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

So you are saying that the fixture secretary didn’t set the dates for the fixtures. 

I think when the start date for the season and the format of the sectional league cup was agreed - that was what set the date for the fixtures.

Correct. The clubs agreed to the proposed start date in the AGM agenda, which Kennie did not have anything to do with.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I think when the start date for the season and the format of the sectional league cup was agreed - that was what set the date for the fixtures.

Two out of three ain’t bad. We have the dates and times but no teams. 

Hope you like the reference. 

9 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Correct. The clubs agreed to the proposed start date in the AGM agenda, which Kennie did not have anything to do with.

Don’t you think that’s a fubar situation. 

The guy goes along tonight hoping to get elected and thank goodness he has been successful. He has  worked hard to put a fixture list together that he wants to propose , I get that, it’s his fist opportunity to show he has leadership qualities. When the goalposts are moved by Johnstone Burgh and their motion , he should have sat back and let the dust settle. That way he could have reflected on what had just happened and waited a few hours and put out his complete fixture list tomorrow as it’s seems it only needed a wee bit of tweaking. Instead we are debating this at 11 o’clock when we have our work in the morning. 

The guy goes along tonight hoping to get elected and thank goodness he has been successful. He has  worked hard to put a fixture list together that he wants to propose , I get that, it’s his fist opportunity to show he has leadership qualities. When the goalposts are moved by Johnstone Burgh and their motion , he should have sat back and let the dust settle. That way he could have reflected on what had just happened and waited a few hours and put out his complete fixture list tomorrow as it’s seems it only needed a wee bit of tweaking. Instead we are debating this at 11 o’clock when we have our work in the morning. 

Tell me what bit of what you suggest should have happened that actually hasn't happened. As far as I can see he has done exactly what you suggest.

4 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Tell me what bit of what you suggest should have happened that actually hasn't happened.

The fixtures are to be played on a particular date , I would just have liked to know who is playing who on said date.  Are you suggesting that fixtures will be our tomorrow now ?  

The fixtures are to be played on a particular date , I would just have liked to know who is playing who on said date.  Are you suggesting that fixtures will be our tomorrow now ?  
I don't know when the fixtures will be issued. But the point is that the season start date was not Kennie's decision. The clubs accepted the proposal on the West Region AGM agenda. Kennie had no part in that.

Honestly can't believe some people expected fixtures to be released tonight! There was a 63-team AGM with countless votes on secretary's, fixture secretary's, cup proposals, management committee members, season start dates not to mention the usual 20 questions about every single thing happening despite AGM Papers being issued before hand and the meeting lasted 2 and a half hours with the Management Committee staying behind to have a further meeting which would have commenced sometime between 9.15 and 9.30pm.....

The season start date was only determined tonight and the League Cup setup was changed via a vote so Kennie couldn't release anything. This was as well as Clydebank informing him that they were now groundsharing with Maryhill and not Yoker.

All Kennie did was intimated what dates will be played on and what competitions will be on those dates in August to give clubs some idea of what to expect in the next few days when fixtures are published.

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:
15 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I don't know when the fixtures will be issued. But the point is that the season start date was not Kennie's decision. The clubs accepted the proposal on the West Region AGM agenda. Kennie had no part in that.

I accept that but we have a fixture secretary with a fixture list and 63 clubs who need a fixture list and we still don’t know when , where and who.

That’s a mess no matter who is responsible. We have teams cancelling pre season arrangements tonight because we can’t get our act together.  It’s no wonder that Dunipace abandoned ship and Clydebank are looking out the life rafts. If one of the bigger clubs decide to jump ship many others will follow and they will point to organisational confusion and a lack of leadership as their reason for going. 

I accept that but we have a fixture secretary with a fixture list and 63 clubs who need a fixture list and we still don’t know when , where and who.
That’s a mess no matter who is responsible. We have teams cancelling pre season arrangements tonight because we can’t get or act together.  It’s no wonder that Dunipace abandoned ship and Clydebank are looking out the life rafts. If one of the bigger clubs decide to jump ship many others will follow and they will point to organisational confusion and a lack of leadership as their reason for going. 
I give up. [emoji23]

Archived