Fixtures 2018/19

Viewparker

21 minutes ago, mick90 said:

Can`t agree about the fixtures .. which have absolutely appalling `distribution`  .. seven Premiership games in Ayrshire .. one at Pollok. Ok .. you got fixtures up to December .. many of which will not go ahead due to weather and dreadful Junior Cup policies ... but have to ask, what planet is Kennie on ?

Junior Cup ... insanity ...
Subject of hundreds of complaints from
clubs every winter ... some spending as many
as 8 weeks idle waiting for postponed ties
to be played ... and despite the loss of 26
clubs from last season ... `insane` SJFA
are intent on passing up the opportunity to
play just ONE TIE in November and thus,
prevent the mid-winter shenanigans ... they
have 129 entries, so all that is needed
is to play 64 ties in September, 32 ties in
October ...then the odd one in November,
leaving 32 teams to resume in January.
Instead ... they`ve botched the cup yet again.
.. even though it might be their last chance ..

West Region .. fixture CRAP ...
yet again ... could`ve been a `fresh` start ..
but they f*** it up completely .... extra games
for clubs who struggled to finish 17-18
Fixtures issued too quickly and compiled
by an obvious idiot ... opening league day on
Aug 4 has not a single game in the Garnock Valley .. Kilwinning, Dalry, Kilbirnie, Beith and
up to Johnstone and Neilston .. all away from home. No need for this CRAP at all as we
offered a fixture set which would have paired  neighbouring clubs no matter what division
they were in ... but NO .. Juniors prefer crap.

Good to see you're as sensible as ever...

They are playing 64 ties in September (the 2nd round featuring 128 clubs), which is a month earlier than last season.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can`t agree about the fixtures .. which have absolutely appalling `distribution`  .. seven Premiership games in Ayrshire .. one at Pollok. Ok .. you got fixtures up to December .. many of which will not go ahead due to weather and dreadful Junior Cup policies ... but have to ask, what planet is Kennie on ?

There are more Ayrshire teams than Glasgow teams so will be more teams in Ayrshire at home some weeks then Glasgow. Ffs. Championship will have Glasgow games if a neutral is desperate for a Glasgow games that's not Pollok.....[emoji849][emoji23]

Teams are all mostly home > away > home > away in league with few exceptions due to circumstances outwith Kennies control like annual Marymass Irvine derby, cup draws and once Junior cup drawn ties added in too.

All teams can now get arranging hospitality, promote games, know when derbies are right up until end of November and not even July yet. Well done Kennie. Great start in my opinion.

Also weather generally only starts calling games off at end of November to January so fixture list will stay largely intact that's been released at the moment.

Aw, diddums, did Kennie no phone ye for yer sooper-dooper, infallible fixture making machine. What planet is he on? I'm just thankful that it's not yours.

48 minutes ago, mick90 said:

Ffs robbo you were a fecking mess at doing the fixtures just let it go.

1 minute ago, kenny131 said:

Only w**k stains complaining about the fixtures are either roberston under a guise or 1 of his fan boys 

Or the usual ones who when they see the word "Junior" immediately go into a moaning frenzy

13 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Only w**k stains complaining about the fixtures are either roberston under a guise or 1 of his fan boys 

It isn't Robertson and it certainly isn't one of his fan boys. He was probably more critical of Scott Robertson than anyone.

As someone mentioned to me - why are the Champions not at home in their first game?
beith are at home to Dalry in there first game of the season jeezo if that’s all we have to moan about then the fixtures are a success or do you want to go back to the way it was well done kennie the only change I would of made was I would of had beith v auchinleck same day as the Scottish pre lim games then played it wed 29th so we don’t have 2 postponed games on the 11th August when beith and auchinleck playing in senior Scottish

beith are at home to Dalry in there first game of the season jeezo if that’s all we have to moan about then the fixtures are a success or do you want to go back to the way it was well done kennie the only change I would of made was I would of had beith v auchinleck same day as the Scottish pre lim games then played it wed 29th so we don’t have 2 postponed games on the 11th August when beith and auchinleck playing in senior Scottish
League Champions always play at home in 1st League game to unveil the Flag as we did in 2010 vs Arthurlie.

4 minutes ago, Bellsdale Boy said:
1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

League Champions always play at home in 1st League game to unveil the Flag as we did in 2010 vs Arthurlie.

Not always (although I agree it should be) Talbot started season 16/17 away to Arthurlie as defending Champions

1 hour ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

As someone mentioned to me - why are the Champions not at home in their first game?

I can honestly say it didn't cross my mind, but it is a fair point and one I will hopefully remember in future.

5 hours ago, mick90 said:

In the Premiership I have 10 Ayrsh………… No wait that's wrong, I have 16 West Region teams in the Premiership.

Beith should have been at home to unfurl the flag and its normally the case but that aside im liking the look of the fixtures and well done kennie.

16 team leagues are far better too as its less of a rat race and it gives teams a better chance  to blood perhaps youth players from the local boys clubs as there will be a far bigger safety net from relegation.

Archived