Fixtures 2018/19

Viewparker

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half of the season's fixtures now posted through to the Assistant Secretary, John Fyfe, who has kindly volunteered to get them up on the SJFA website as soon as possible.

As I'm just finding my way around the admin site at the moment we thought it best if he carried out this duty until I was comfortable doing it in the future.

Given my earlier mistake, I think that was wise.

One bit of information I can pass on to you is the date for the West Of Scotland Cup First Round. It is scheduled to be played on the 10th of November.

41 minutes ago, Kennie said:

First half of the season's fixtures now posted through to the Assistant Secretary, John Fyfe, who has kindly volunteered to get them up on the SJFA website as soon as possible.

As I'm just finding my way around the admin site at the moment we thought it best if he carried out this duty until I was comfortable doing it in the future.

Given my earlier mistake, I think that was wise.

One bit of information I can pass on to you is the date for the West Of Scotland Cup First Round. It is scheduled to be played on the 10th of November.

Wow.  You've been in post - what, 24 hours? - and you've already managed what we were led to believe for years was an insurmountable task...

Keep up the good work :)

I've read all the threads and can't seem to find anywhere why everyone stepped aside from standing against Robertson. Handing him a free ticket.
I assume politics again.
Can kennie and the other guy not tell us why ?

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I've read all the threads and can't seem to find anywhere why everyone stepped aside from standing against Robertson. Handing him a free ticket.
I assume politics again.

We would all like to know but we might just have to suck it up. The good thing is that his impact on fixtures has been lessened and we have someone with a bit of foresight taking control of them. 

25 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

We would all like to know but we might just have to suck it up. The good thing is that his impact on fixtures has been lessened and we have someone with a bit of foresight taking control of them. 

I would agree with that. You very rarely hear of anybody complaining about the other duties that Scott Robertson carried out, it really was only the fixtures which were an enormous issue. Thankfully that has now been dealt with, and we can hopefully now all move on positively with what the clubs voted for last year.

At the AGM the proposal on the position of the Fixture Secretary was accepted. As Robert and Kennie had stood for both positions of General and Fixture Secretary, if one of them stood for and won the position of Fixture Secretary would have seen them disbarred from standing as General Secretary. Kennie explained to the meeting that as his platform over the past 2 years of meeting clubs was to reorganise the fixtures for the clubs benefit with the increased work load that the position would bring due to league reorganisation. He felt this was the position he would best serve as he had put a large amount of work to present to the member clubs his outline of the fixtures for the season.

54 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I assume politics again.

15 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

At the AGM the proposal on the position of the Fixture Secretary was accepted. As Robert and Kennie had stood for both positions of General and Fixture Secretary, if one of them stood for and won the position of Fixture Secretary would have seen them disbarred from standing as General Secretary. Kennie explained to the meeting that as his platform over the past 2 years of meeting clubs was to reorganise the fixtures for the clubs benefit with the increased work load that the position would bring due to league reorganisation. He felt this was the position he would best serve as he had put a large amount of work to present to the member clubs his outline of the fixtures for the season.

No politics involved. What WWR said is basically it. If the position had not been split I would have been happy to stand for the General Secretary post. However as the clubs had voted for the change, I thought it would be against all that I had campaigned about over the past 2 seasons. If I had lost out on the vote for Fixtures Secretary, I would not have been comfortable in the position of General Secretary knowing that I would have no direct impact in what I considered was the biggest issue facing the clubs. I also didn't want to cloud the issue of the Fixture Secretary vote in case some delegates held off from voting for me in the hope that I would get the other post. I do believe that if I'm to be of service to the Region it is in the role I have.

I'd also like to add that I had informed Robert Burns of my decision whilst we were outside during the vote about the split. He agreed with the principle and said he was of the same mind.

Just to finally add, I am not on the management committee to 'rock the boat', I will do things differently but I'm there to help the committee promote the Region.

Scott Robertson is the General Secretary and he will receive my full support, I recommend we all do likewise.

10 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Wow.  You've been in post - what, 24 hours? - and you've already managed what we were led to believe for years was an insurmountable task...

Proof,if needed,of just how hopeless the previous incumbent was.

Just as well wee Scotty doesn't do embarrassment.  :)

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

I would agree with that. You very rarely hear of anybody complaining about the other duties that Scott Robertson carried out, it really was only the fixtures which were an enormous issue. Thankfully that has now been dealt with, and we can hopefully now all move on positively with what the clubs voted for last year.

Probably because they were unaware that he actually carried out any other duties,glensmad. What exactly were these other duties,bud?

10 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

It’s early days and the first indications are encouraging, however, with Robertson still in a position of authority the battle to keep Junior football alive and relevant is still ongoing. 

9 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Probably because they were unaware that he actually carried out any other duties,glensmad. What exactly were these other duties,bud?

I have no idea, but I'm sure there are some.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

I assume politics again.

They received offers that they couldn't refuse?

Or,they just accepted that,as some cynic suggested,the position had been created just to keep wee Scott in employment. :)

Was there any mention of clubs playing postponed fixtures under lights?.

Yes. This was asked as a question from the floor of the meeting. Kenny replied saying that all reasonable requests for fixtures would be considered and supported and clubs easing fixture congestion by utilising lights would be encouraged.

They received offers that they couldn't refuse?
Or,they just accepted that,as some cynic suggested,the position had been created just to keep wee Scott in employment. [emoji4]

Wee Scott????
Have ye seen the size of the fella?
Maybe he won the arm wrestling contest before the meeting.

Archived