Fixtures 2018/19

Viewparker

I'm afraid that as I'm just this minute in the door from Hampden, your Midnight deadline is not going to happen unfortunately.

Certain relevant information was not given to me until after I was voted in. This resulted in the fixture list I had prepared being practically useless and will need re-done. A task I will do as soon as is reasonably possible. That information had no impact on the dates I had prepared and I thought it best to give out some information with dates etc.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I'm afraid that as I'm just this minute in the door from Hampden, your Midnight deadline is not going to happen unfortunately.

Certain relevant information was not given to me until after I was voted in. This resulted in the fixture list I had prepared being practically useless and will need re-done. A task I will do as soon as is reasonably possible. That information had no impact on the dates I had prepared and I thought it best to give out some information with dates etc.

I have been involved in debate about tonight’s events for the last hour or so and  I am gutted  your fixture list had been rendered practically useless. I wish you luck in sorting out the situation but I must say I’m disappointed that it appears we are still some  way from moving forward. 

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
4 minutes ago, Viewparker said:
Good 

Sometimes you can't make people listen who aren't listening, so there's no point in carrying on.

Have you read Kennies post. From his own mouth his fixture list is “practically useless “. And he can’t say when it will be fixed. 

Have you read Kennies post. From his own mouth his fixture list is “practically useless “. And he can’t say when it will be fixed. 
As I told you earlier ! And none of that is Kennie's fault, why can't you get your head around that ?

You have defended tonight’s events at every turn. I have never said it’s “his fault”. What I have said is that’s it’s been an avoidable mess that didn’t need to happen. 

Our debate has been “practically useless” as nothing had changed. We still don’t have fixtures and still don’t know when we will get them.  Thanks for the chat c

13 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I'm going to be up till 2am - any chance...…….ok, maybe not.

What about the information that is known? Is someone from WRSJFA going to post it? West Cup draw? Group sections for the new Sectional Cup?

2 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Did the sections get drawn ok we can't have the actual fixtures but it's a complete farce if we don't even know the teams in each group yet ?

Don’t you start. Goodnight 

You have defended tonight’s events at every turn. I have never said it’s “his fault”. What I have said is that’s it’s been an avoidable mess that didn’t need to happen. 
Our debate has been “practically useless” as nothing had changed. We still don’t have fixtures and still don’t know when we will get them.  Thanks for the chat c
The one good thing about this debate, although we are agreeing to disagree, was that it remained reasonably civil throughout. Sleep well mate, and don't stress about the fixtures. [emoji16][emoji106]

27 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Congratulations on your appointment Kennie

3 questions though

Could you possibly share what relevant info was not given to you, and what that info Is?

Do you need the approval of the General Secretary before you put out fixtures?  And

Can you share with us the league cup sections groups?

Thanks 

Ps hopefully you keep up communicating with clubs on these types of forums - again all the best

3 questions though
Could you possibly share what relevant info was not given to you, and what that info Is?

Do you need the approval of the General Secretary before you put out fixtures?  And
Thanks 
Ps hopefully you keep up communicating with clubs on these types of forums - again all the best

I suspect Clydebank sharing with Maryhill instead of Yoker might have been a factor.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:
8 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:
3 questions though

Thanks 

I suspect Clydebank sharing with Maryhill instead of Yoker might have been a factor.

Makes sense 

Cheers 

West of Scotland Cup - 2018-19 (1st Round)
Whitletts Victoria v Newmains United
East Kilbride Thistle v Kello Rovers
Lugar Boswell Thistle v Cumnock
Renfrew v Beith
Glenafton Athletic v Maryhill
Irvine Meadow v Vale of Leven
Cumbernauld United v Vale of Clyde
Port Glasgow v Ardeer Thistle
Clydebank v Glasgow Perthshire
Kilbirnie Ladeside v Petershill
Kilwinning Rangers v Auchinleck Talbot
Hurlford United v Johnstone Burgh
Carluke Rovers v Irvine Victoria
Kilsyth Rangers v Girvan
Saltcoats Victoria v Thorniewood United
Shotts Bon Accord v Forth Wanderers
Gartcairn v Greenock
Larkhall Thistle v Muirkirk
Neilston v Craigmark Burntonians
Shettleston v Darvel
Annbank United v Bellshill Athletic
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v St Anthony's
Troon v Royal Albert
Cambuslang Rangers v Yoker Athlertic
Benburb v Maybole
Lesmahagow v Largs Thistle
Ashfield v Rossvale
Dalry Thistle v St Roch's
Wishaw v Rutherglen Glencairn
Ardrossan Winton Rovers v Pollok
Lanark United v Blantyre Victoria
Bye : Arthurlie

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

we're sharing with Maryhill on a temporary basis whilst groundwork is done. Be back when its done ... its not a permanent situation ( as much as its handy for me :) )

Now I am starting to feel sorry for the new fixture man 

Thankless task lol 

44 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

3 questions though

Thanks 

Thanks for the congratulations. I am very grateful for the support I received and I am humbled and honoured to be given this opportunity.

Clydebank's groundshare arrangements, Yoker's ground, Carluke's problem with midweek park availability, I wasn't sure about Royal Albert being back in Tileworks Park. The sectional League Cup groups had to be withdrawn were some of the info I didn't have.

The General Secretary will have no input to my job, and he will not be required to approve my fixtures.

League Cup Groups

Annbank

Girvan

Maybole

Whitletts

Craigmark

Meadow

Irvine Vics

Troon

Cumnock

Kello

Talbot

Lugar

Glens

Muirkirk

Darvel

Hurlford

Ardeer

Kilwinning

Saltcoats

Largs

AWR

Beith

Dalry

Kilbirnie

Greenock

Port Glasgow

Renfrew

St Ants

J Burgh

Arthurlie

Benburb

Neilston

Clydebank

Vale of Leven

Yoker

Vale Of Clyde

Shettleston

Pollok

Maryhill

Rossvale

KRR

Petershill

St Rochs

Ashfield

G Perthshire

Gartcairn

Cumbernauld

Kilsyth

Cambuslang

Thorniewood

Bellshill

Royal Albert

Glencairn

Blantyre

EKT

Larkhall

Forth

SBA

Wishaw

Newmains

Carluke

Lanark

Gow

It is my intention to keep a good line of communication going and as long as it remains civilised and well intentioned I will be happy to do so.

On 27 June 2018 at 23:42, griffiti on the wall said:

Did the sections get drawn ok we can't have the actual fixtures but it's a complete farce if we don't even know the teams in each group yet ?

Some teams seem to know exactly who they are playing and when and where. Strange.

Archived