England v Panama

Cerberus

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already getting the temperature excuses in...

Interesting to see if Southgate can manage his team to pace themselves to a victory rather than run themselves into the ground early and throw a point or three away...

England should win this.

It would have been much more interesting had they not got the late win against Tunisia, as there would have been real pressure on them, but they should be ok here.

Panama should be best known as a country for inspiring the world's finest functioning palindrome.

I think, like Belgium yesterday, England will find it easier to break Panama down simply because they (Panama), like Tunisia, lost their first group match and will have to come out and look for the win. England should be able to exploit the space created by this......perhaps not as ruthlessly as Belgium yesterday though.

2-0 or 3-1 England IMO. 

England should win this.
It would have been much more interesting had they not got the late win against Tunisia, as there would have been real pressure on them, but they should be ok here.
Panama should be best known as a country for inspiring the world's finest functioning palindrome.
"Doc note, I dissent - a fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod." isn't from Panama is it? [emoji14]

Already it's England overload on the BBC and it's not even 9am.Personally I hope they get hammered today but I can't see it.So I will just have to wait patiently till they meet the Germans later on in the tournament where they will take their customary beating.Worth waiting for as the English commentator on last night's Germany game was virtually coming in his pants at the prospect of Germany leaving Russia.Komm auf Deutschland

1 hour ago, Darren1872 said:

Mon' the Panama. Only reason I know you exist, as a country is because of Prison Break.

I think they're most famous for the boy John Darwin faking his death by leaving a canoe in the North Sea and then turning up in Panama a few years later. I think they've got a canal as well. And some hats. 

I think they're most famous for the boy John Darwin faking his death by leaving a canoe in the North Sea and then turning up in Panama a few years later. I think they've got a canal as well. And some hats. 
Scotland has a canal and hats!

MON PANAMA!!!!

England want to go into the last game with a better goal difference than Belgium so they only have to draw to top the group. 
They can win this game 6-0 

Yeah, if you want England out as soon as possible, you weirdly probably want a heavy England win here. Looking very much like potential QF opponents for the group winners will be Germany/Brazil, whereas it’ll be Mexico/Switzerland for the second placed team.

England could even conceivably lose their next two and go through here. Wouldn’t be a stretch to think Tunisia can beat Panama and then all three teams will have three points.

I think it’ll be a stroll in any case, even for England. Panama are dismal. 3-0 but if they really wanted it to be, it could be much more.

Archived