Worried your team’ll be shit?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/06/2018 at 08:12, 19QOS19 said:

I am slightly. I noticed a line-up on the Ayr page the other day that had Kerr and Adams at CM. If they plan to have those 2 in the middle for a period of time then I'm hopeful we'll finish above them.

Ian Mccall has a few good players that can play in the middle of the park. Andy murdoch on trial as well. Ayr have a crappy defence atm and are looking to bring in a few before the season begins. I personally think Alloa to get Relegated and Qos in relegation play offs. 

Ian Mccall has a few good players that can play in the middle of the park. Andy murdoch on trial as well. Ayr have a crappy defence atm and are looking to bring in a few before the season begins. I personally think Alloa to get Relegated and Qos in relegation play offs. 
It's still early and if they have more depth in midfield it won't be as bad. If they plan on playing Kerr and Adams for a lot of games they'll be in bother. Both are done at this level IMO.

I'm slightly less worried after last night's performance. We looked more than capable and shouldn't be in danger. The lack of depth is what could kill us. Our starting 11 will be a match for anyone in the division but we've nothing in reserve.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's still early and if they have more depth in midfield it won't be as bad. If they plan on playing Kerr and Adams for a lot of games they'll be in bother. Both are done at this level IMO.

I'm slightly less worried after last night's performance. We looked more than capable and shouldn't be in danger. The lack of depth is what could kill us. Our starting 11 will be a match for anyone in the division but we've nothing in reserve.

True. Qos are always a good crowd and belong in the championship. Though like you said, nothing in reserve, which is certainly a problem in which we have in common at Ayr. Stephen Dobbie is a good consistent player but he needs players to feed him the ball, he is a 10/15 goal a season player. Ayr don't have that problem but are severely lacking cover at the back and have only one keeper in their books. Panic stations at Somerset unless we get a semi-decent keeper. 

My concern with Qos is the travelling, it must take a lot out of the players, travelling from Dumfries to the likes of Inverness and Dundee. 

I've also got to say that I do like the look of the new Qos away shirt. Gold and Maroon. I bought the bright pink Ayr one yesterday and realised that the sponsorship on the front could be covered up from 'Bitcoin BCH' to 'Bit CH'..... So I do look forward to travelling with a few other 'pink bitches' to Palmerston Park in the coming season.  :-) 

On 29/06/2018 at 10:03, Snafu said:

Both County and Partick fans should be worried, both clubs going down the same route as we did last season. Both clubs will be still signing key players as the league season gets underway.

PT maybe but County have done their business nice and early, the squad have been away in Holland for the past week, played a couple of matches over there too so all going to schedule. 

There's a space for one more striker if the right player can be found but other than that we're good to go.

How did Tim Chow look for you on trial btw?

True. Qos are always a good crowd and belong in the championship. Though like you said, nothing in reserve, which is certainly a problem in which we have in common at Ayr. Stephen Dobbie is a good consistent player but he needs players to feed him the ball, he is a 10/15 goal a season player. Ayr don't have that problem but are severely lacking cover at the back and have only one keeper in their books. Panic stations at Somerset unless we get a semi-decent keeper. 
My concern with Qos is the travelling, it must take a lot out of the players, travelling from Dumfries to the likes of Inverness and Dundee. 
I've also got to say that I do like the look of the new Qos away shirt. Gold and Maroon. I bought the bright pink Ayr one yesterday and realised that the sponsorship on the front could be covered up from 'Bitcoin BCH' to 'Bit CH'..... So I do look forward to travelling with a few other 'pink bitches' to Palmerston Park in the coming season.  :-) 
We'll probably travel less distance than Ayr to go to those places tbh. I obviously don't know where the players live, but given we train in Glasgow I expect a fair amount of them will be based in the central belt.

And FWIW Dobbs has scored over 20 goals the last 2 seasons, he'll do the same again this season :D

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

We'll probably travel less distance than Ayr to go to those places tbh. I obviously don't know where the players live, but given we train in Glasgow I expect a fair amount of them will be based in the central belt.

And FWIW Dobbs has scored over 20 goals the last 2 seasons, he'll do the same again this season :D

I'm sure his Zimmer frame will prevent that this season. 

Ayr stumbled past that absolutely abysmal Raith team, have signed no one, and finished bottom two seasons ago. They're stick ons to finish 9th as it stands. 
It'll depend on us getting a competent keeper signed. If we'd had one last season we would have finished 20 points clear of Raith. But aye, as it stands you're right.

9 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I wouldn't be so worried about United being shit next season if we had a competent manager.

I reckon that’s a widely held view amongst Arabs.

Other than resigning Robson and being unable (so far) to ditch some deadwood I’m reasonably happy with the squad.  I’m not even too upset about keeping Murdoch so long as he’s a backup utility player.

I am hoping the guy Burger has some positive influence over Laszlo.

Archived