Worried your team’ll be shit?

Think there's always a concern when your squad still needs  6-7 players at this stage.

McKinnon has recruited well but we still have key positions to fill.

Hopefully come the start of August, thoses concerns will be gone...until queens pump us in our first game!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DUFC are the only outfit that need worry. They are the only club that will melt in the spring sunshine if they don’t get promoted.
For the rest of us, it’s not a Chicken Licken scenario, and the sky will not fall in.

I'm not, but if I was a QoS fan, I'd be pretty worried. They look the standout candidates behind Alloa to go down. 

I am slightly. I noticed a line-up on the Ayr page the other day that had Kerr and Adams at CM. If they plan to have those 2 in the middle for a period of time then I'm hopeful we'll finish above them.

I wouldn't say I'm worried. McKinnon has started his recruitment very well, but let's not get too carried away as there is still a lot of work to do. We need to get a squad together and gelled quickly. The league is going to be incredibly competitive this season so a good start is imperative IMO. As is pumping Ayr at Somerset Park in the League Cup.

I am worried. The squad we have currently signed up is threadbare. There is quality players in our ranks which should see us to safety. With a few more additions i think we could give a forlorn playoff challenge. As things stand we could finish anywhere from 5th to 8th. Our defence desperatly needs bolstering. 

We're an interesting one this year. 

Of the players we've signed that people know (Fasan, Petravicius, Froxy and Paton), the reviews haven't been particularly kind from their former clubs. Froxy maybe.

I'm not sure anyone can have a proper idea of how all of the signings from England will be. The best signings on paper are the ones who haven't played much first team football (Sammut, Dallinson and Lewis).

Tom Owen Evans, Patrick Brough and Scott Harrison have decent experience of League 2 in England so should hopefully be able to hold their own up here although i think the latter two will be backup.

We definitely need another striker or two in with Jakubiak rumoured to return which would be decent business.

TL:DR No idea, signing policy is basically misfits and youths so we just have to trust that Hartley and the scouts have got it right. I'm really looking forward to it though.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm worried Ayr will be even worse than Brechin last season.

I wouldn't worry about that.............

Archived