Worried your team’ll be shit?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite there, mainly because we're blatantly still actively looking for multiple players, although the cup group stages start 2 weeks on Saturday and as things stand we'd be able to field something like:

3-5-2

One of Bell/Lennox/Sneddon (GK)

Elliot (RWB), O'Ware (CB), McGinty (CB), Keown (CB)*, Penrice (LWB)

Bannigan (CM) McCarthy (CM)  Barton (CM)*

Doolan (CF), Storey (CF)*

with a bench of another one of the three goalies,  Spittal and Erskine. Beyond that we're down to the youths. The three marked * are all still transfer listed as far as I'm aware so would presumably leave on a one in, one out basis.

Penrice may be used a midfielder this season since Livi fans said he looked decent there when on loan, and Bannigan is currently on a temporary deal to prove he's over a horrendous period of long-term injury which may or may not work out - would add another gap in the squad if its the latter.

I would hazard a guess that we'll have added at least one fullback + a forward by the end of this month.

Tl;dr summary of the post above: yes, we are worried.

I don’t think we’ll have a shit the bed/late recovery season like St Mirren and Falkirk have had in the last two years, but I think we’re likely to be totally out of the playoff picture. A boring 6th place finish.

Archived