Germany v Sweden

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Henrik sounds gutted.

Which is nice.

Oddly bitter, are you not grateful he played your pishy team more often than a quality player in the modern era should?

Just now, ex-german exile said:
2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Does head  to head not count before GD, meaning Sweden just need to beat Mexico, not hammer them?

That's my understanding

Mine too, but that tool of a presenter has now said that Sweden will need to win by several goals at least twice.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Fair play Germany. 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing from the commentator the last 15 minutes, he'd written it off as a draw and sorting through the permutations resulting. That was predictable as f**k with Germany.

The only one who did worse than the commentator was beardy wide right for Sweden. Was constantly out of position and diving in/ skinned or giving away fouls. Sold the jerseys.

The bias of the commentators against Germany was so obvious, even in the game against Mexico. Yes, obviously it was a surprise that they lost. But Mexico are a strong side and it was not THAT much of a shock. Yet, the commentators pretty much made it out like they were losing to a team of San Marino's standard...

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Does head  to head not count before GD, meaning Sweden just need to beat Mexico, not hammer them?

It's head to head, goal difference, then goals scored in matches between the teams concerned (only after overall group goal difference and goals scored).

I reckon that means 1-0 wins for Germany and Sweden would knock Mexico out because they lost to Sweden, even though all teams finish on 4 points, 3 goals scored and 2 conceded.  Which is mental.  Or possibly it's down to yellow/red card points, depending on how they apply the tie-breakers.

1 minute ago, morrison said:

It's head to head, goal difference, then goals scored in matches between the teams concerned (only after overall group goal difference and goals scored).

I reckon that means 1-0 wins for Germany and Sweden would knock Mexico out because they lost to Sweden, even though all teams finish on 4 points, 3 goals scored and 2 conceded.  Which is mental.  Or possibly it's down to yellow/red card points, depending on how they apply the tie-breakers.

No, in case of 2 1-0 wins, the head to head between all 3 counts, effectively just erasing the results v South Korea. Then both would have 3 points against each other. Mexico would be knocked out on goals scored.

Archived