East of Scotland Preseasonwatch 2018-19

Just now, gogsy said:

you're

Apart from laughing at vandalism at a clubs ground, and now telling us Thatcher didn't shut 70% of the UK's mines, your a member of the spelling police. As I said this is the east of scotland thread. no need to polute it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gogsy said:

There were over 40 pits in Ayrshire when the pits were nationalised care to hazard a guess how many were left by 1979? Don't lecture me on what happened to the mines, my father and both my grandfathers and other relatives worked down the pits, im old enough to remember the miners strike of 1984-5 your view of stuff is misty eyed nonsense and beneath contempt really.

So Thatcher didn't shut the remaining pits in Ayrshire? All my family were miners so that makes my mining family bigger than your mining family. As I have already said lets leave it at that as its an EOSL thread.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

This is all your fault anyway, if you hadn't upset him by posting about Dundonald beating Glenafton, none of this would have happened. ;)

Alan's a chip off your old block. Alan didn't congratulate Dundonald he had a dig at the Junior game. But at least he didn't have a snide remark about an arson attack on a fellow club.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Alan's a chip off your old block. Alan didn't congratulate Dundonald he had a dig at the Junior game. But at least he didn't have a snide remark about an arson attack on a fellow club.

I wish you’d practice what you preach and f**k off 

56 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Anyway this is an east of scotland thread. I'm a Junior and your club are in some other league so lets not polute this thread 

Once

50 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

As I said this is the east of scotland thread. no need to polute it.

Twice 

35 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

As I have already said lets leave it at that as its an EOSL thread.

Thrice 

14 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

As I have said this is an EOSL thread and we really shouldn't be poluting it. 

Fourth 

AEBAD7DD-A73E-48DB-A8AA-36D68F6195DC.jpeg

11 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

I never attacked the junior game I attacked the ones with the chip on there shoulder about us going senior 

13 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Apart from laughing at vandalism at a clubs ground, and now telling us Thatcher didn't shut 70% of the UK's mines, your a member of the spelling police. As I said this is the east of scotland thread. no need to polute it.

The Labour Party closed more mines in the UK than the Conservatives. FYI.

2 hours ago, Gimme said:
2 hours ago, Blue White Dynamite said:
Do people really put that much stock in preseason results?

Nope because ours are usually pretty pish.

I for one would not put anything in to the Broxburn pre season game.  Tayport stepped in when the scheduled game fell through.   No idea if they or Broxburn had a full squad available as I was not at the game - only posted the score.

To be honest there is no merit in placing importance in preseason game results, these games are for managers to get players playing the way they wish to play and for players to build up their game fitness levels. 

What is more important in these games are for players to get used to playing with one another and get used to playing the style of football their manager wishes to utilise. 

In all my years of playing, and now coaching, I have placed zero importance on preseason results - its part time football, players have holidays etc and teams play trialists....results don't count. Performances count more than results at this stage..... Although when the season starts this may well flip on its head. 

Archived