No matter the outcome of today's game at Champions Lanark United,  I want

to highlight the fantastic job Tin Pail Manager MARK MacKAY has done in his

first term at Fullarton Park. Pre-Match, not even a win against United would

guarantee them promotion if Carluke Rovers do the business with their games

in hand.

I had the honour of coaching alongside Mark during evenings in the second

half of last season when he won a treble with Saturday Morning Amateur club

Red Star. Even then he was getting more players to turn up for his Tuesday

nights - double in most cases - than the Tin Pail could muster on two evenings.

His planning - right from pre-season sessions when I was involved again - was

superb, and bringing John onto the backroom staff has been a masterstroke,

further highlighting "standards and a work ethic have to improve here."

Team discipline has also improved, and the Vale committee, who dont have cash

to splash on players, have been behind the manager every step of the way with

their support. Congratulations EVERYONE on an amazing turnaround.

What a superb effort from the lads over the last six or seven game no one gave a chance...but these proud young Tin Pail players have put us on the edge of promotion......To lose Kevin Turner so early was a blow but the lads pulled their socks up even at one day did not give up. Second half was an excellent performance and to put Lanark under so much pressure and eventually overcome them. If any justice next weeks result will go in our favour...if not to be roll on next season........Things definitely on the up down Fullarton Park keep it going. The park is looking tremendous just now well done to all behind the scenes........Left Lanark today with my head high.......Mon E Tin Pail

Vale of Clyde have done well but as a Carluke supporter losing to Lochee in the Scottish and Auchinleck in the quarters of the west I think we might just sneak it after wiping out the goal difference today with 5 against muirkirk. That said Annbank have run into form and i think next weeks game could be a nailbiter!!

What a superb effort from the lads over the last six or seven game no one gave a chance...but these proud young Tin Pail players have put us on the edge of promotion......To lose Kevin Turner so early was a blow but the lads pulled their socks up even at one day did not give up. Second half was an excellent performance and to put Lanark under so much pressure and eventually overcome them. If any justice next weeks result will go in our favour...if not to be roll on next season........Things definitely on the up down Fullarton Park keep it going. The park is looking tremendous just now well done to all behind the scenes........Left Lanark today with my head high.......Mon E Tin Pail

Thanks very much for your kind words, time will tell what happens now buy some proud of the boys for the season

Cant thank the boys enough for this season, 11 months of hard work and commitment. We have had some up and down but overall a very good season on and off the park. If 50 points is enough to take us up only time will tell but we will go forward as 1.

Massive thanks to the fans [emoji838][emoji836]

Well most say congrats to vale great result n well deserved result gutter tho as team so consistent struggled at end bit tbh deserved that luxury! We missed out this year but best of luck to voc n carluke! Voc have put a great run together n carluke have been there since day one! All the best to whoever comes out on top bit we will b back n i already know maxis putting the peices together x

15 hours ago, Mackay14 said:

Cant thank the boys enough for this season, 11 months of hard work and commitment. We have had some up and down but overall a very good season on and off the park. If 50 points is enough to take us up only time will tell but we will go forward as 1.

Massive thanks to the fans emoji838.pngemoji836.png

Mark you have came in and done a brilliant  job. Hopefully  be enough  for use to go up....nothing  against  carluke...Annbank  can be a decant  team on there day so u never know....cheers...cotter

No matter the outcome of today's game at Champions Lanark United,  I want
to highlight the fantastic job Tin Pail Manager MARK MacKAY has done in his
first term at Fullarton Park. Pre-Match, not even a win against United would
guarantee them promotion if Carluke Rovers do the business with their games
in hand.
I had the honour of coaching alongside Mark during evenings in the second
half of last season when he won a treble with Saturday Morning Amateur club
Red Star. Even then he was getting more players to turn up for his Tuesday
nights - double in most cases - than the Tin Pail could muster on two evenings.
His planning - right from pre-season sessions when I was involved again - was
superb, and bringing John onto the backroom staff has been a masterstroke,
 further highlighting "standards and a work ethic have to improve here."
Team discipline has also improved, and the Vale committee, who dont have cash
to splash on players, have been behind the manager every step of the way with
their support. Congratulations EVERYONE on an amazing turnaround.

Thanks Tom the club are going in the right direction imo so long may that continue

Mark you have came in and done a brilliant  job. Hopefully  be enough  for use to go up....nothing  against  carluke...Annbank  can be a decant  team on there day so u never know....cheers...cotter
Thanks Cotter its now in the hands of the gods mate, i have loved ever min of it so far so hopefully the can continue

Watching the highlights and when you see the reaction of the players the bench and the fans when that winner goes in is what football is all about.  What a season its been for us regardless what happens thers a feel good factor down at the vale again and its a place we all love going to play our fball , from my team mates to mark his staff the committee and the fans who week in week out show up and make the club what it is    Cmon the tin pail 

Hope its enough got a lot off respect for Mark and the lads

Guys got no funds and players dont get paid only play for the love off the game

And he builds a team capable on coming out the league

Special mention to the boys following him there to

Could been easy resting on there laurals and staying ammy safe in there comfort zones

A tribute to any good ammy guys wanting a change look at those guys there clearly loving life in the juniors

Fingers crossed for you mate

Could been easy resting on there laurals and staying ammy safe in there comfort zones
A tribute to any good ammy guys wanting a change look at those guys there clearly loving life in the juniors

Thanks very much for your kind words, boys have been more consistent from xmas as it took some of them a bit of time to find that consistency. Was no doubting we had the ability in the squad and that's why the first half of the season it was more up and down. Talks have started to tie down the boys for next season and will continue of the coming weeks. We have a list of targets that we will be hopefully adding also. Bring on 2019-20 season regardless what division we are in

1 minute ago, Mackay14 said:
11 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Thanks very much for your kind words, boys have been more consistent from xmas as it took some of them a bit of time to find that consistency. Was no doubting we had the ability in the squad and that's why the first half of the season it was more up and down. Talks have started to tie down the boys for next season and will continue of the coming weeks. We have a list of targets that we will be hopefully adding also. Bring on 2019-20 season regardless what division we are in

I was at a Sunday cup final today some cracking players everywhere 

Your right in the heart off the Eastend and there are games and leagues everywhere 

Its just getting them brave enough to try something different 

Maybe in past people looked at the Tin Pail as the whipping boys

So would not take the opportunity to try out at training

You guys will change that attitude this year regardless off what league your playing in

Winning is what its all about and you proved you can this season

And also proved the good ammy boys can step up

Just hope others see it to and give it a go for you cos your a good gaffer

Everybody I know who played for you don't have anything negative to say about you

I was at a Sunday cup final today some cracking players everywhere 
Your right in the heart off the Eastend and there are games and leagues everywhere 
Its just getting them brave enough to try something different 
Maybe in past people looked at the Tin Pail as the whipping boys
So would not take the opportunity to try out at training
You guys will change that attitude this year regardless off what league your playing in
Winning is what its all about and you proved you can this season
And also proved the good ammy boys can step up
Just hope others see it to and give it a go for you cos your a good gaffer
Everybody I know who played for you don't have anything negative to say about you

I give it my all, try to be fair to ever player. Keep training very good and respect the players.
Wont ever claim to be the best coach or manager a just love it, if my enthusiasm for the game can rub off a bit on the players then all the better