VALE OF CLYDE - NEWS FROM FULLARTON PARK, TOLLCROSS

coach

Last weekend I was surprised to see our game on, but the park while heavy held up very well, the pitch is not known for handling that amount of rain, the rain never stopped during the game either. Compliments to both sides for producing such a fine game in those conditions, plenty of passing and not a hump up the park. Well done to Lanark coming from two down to win three two, game changed when the vale left back was sent off for a tackle. The tackle happened in front of us and while I agree he was slightly late and deserved a booking at most, very surprised to see a straight red. The game swung back in our favour when the chap who had crossed the ball for the Lanark winner, ran in front of his own fans and decided to produce the get it right up ye gesture about 5 times, the referee then sent him off for ungentlemanly conduct.....another poor decision. That said onward and upwards for the Tin Pail hope our game survives this weekend but temperatures expected to dip below freezing could be a step a too far for the pitch. Mon E Tin Pail

18 hours ago, Argushenrik said:

Last weekend I was surprised to see our game on, but the park while heavy held up very well, the pitch is not known for handling that amount of rain, the rain never stopped during the game either. Compliments to both sides for producing such a fine game in those conditions, plenty of passing and not a hump up the park. Well done to Lanark coming from two down to win three two, game changed when the vale left back was sent off for a tackle. The tackle happened in front of us and while I agree he was slightly late and deserved a booking at most, very surprised to see a straight red. The game swung back in our favour when the chap who had crossed the ball for the Lanark winner, ran in front of his own fans and decided to produce the get it right up ye gesture about 5 times, the referee then sent him off for ungentlemanly conduct.....another poor decision. That said onward and upwards for the Tin Pail hope our game survives this weekend but temperatures expected to dip below freezing could be a step a too far for the pitch. Mon E Tin Pail

The pitch did indeed hold up well considering how much rain fell during the game, far less in the days beforehand.  The covered area was a godsend!

A couple of our lads who were standing at that side said that the red was only a yellow.  To be fair to Vale it was not obvious that they were a man down for 30 odd minutes.  They had got right in about us from the start.

Our 2nd goal was well offside ( I was directly in line). That said the goal which would have put us 4-2 up should have stood as there were 2 playing him on.

McCrum's red card was a joke - he was laughing and bantering with some of our guys who'd been ribbing him that he was sub and that he hadn't got on at half time.

Great character by Lanark to win their 9th consecutive league game.

Mark, we are now halfway through our season, with this in mind and looking to push on for next season time to pick your best team week in week out, we have been constantly changing every week. A lot of the lads have stepped up from amateur ranks I agree they all need a chance to prove themselves at the junior level, some have done very well but others have struggled a wee bit time now to stand tough and pick your best team even if it affects some of your ex team mates and friends. Let’s now kick on big time for next season get us settled and look to the future. From the terracing things looking not too bad at all and playing decent stuff. Carry on the good work.

Couldn't agree more tbh, a lot of the changes are out with my control with the boys not making it week after week with 1 thing or another. Consistency with the team, squad and starting 11 is something we have missed and we are working hard to fix. I will never pick a team based on friends or ex team mates only pick teams to win games, but making 4-6 changes each week never helps

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk