Hidden news

A couple of days ago there was a story (front page) in all the papers about a young guy who had found a headless corpse in a park in Glasgow.  However the following day the story was completely ignored and there isn't any listing of it anywhere at all on bbc etc.

Is this a case of the police asking the media not to report and, if it is, why would they do it in this case?

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Where did you see the story? Never heard or saw this.

It was all over the front page of every paper on Wednesday when I was in the petrol station.  I then was looking on BBC Scottish news yesterday to find out more and couldn't see anything.  So I googled it and only the Sun headline came up.  Really weird.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2811189/teen-tormented-headless-corpse-tent-glasgow-play-park/

Ah so I've just checked on twitter and it seems the body was found at Hogarth Park and not Cranhill which might explain the lack of results but still you would expect this to be in the news every day https://www.scotsman.com/news/police-unable-to-identify-badly-decomposed-body-found-in-glasgow-park-1-4757386

14 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Still available on the Sun website

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2811189/teen-tormented-headless-corpse-tent-glasgow-play-park/

Other pages seem to have been scrubbed right enough.

Too much blood, probably.

54 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Someone was found killed in Dingwall yesterday and as yet nothing has appeared in any media.

Good and bad news days, I guess.

That means either they caught the person straight away or haven't yet and have asked the press to hold off as publicity would be unhelpful.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

And just let the scheme rats spread the word on social media instead (No offence meant @Milnzo)

Aye.  Quite a lot of stuff happens that doesn't get much media attention.  A friend's mum was a court stenographer or whatever she used to tell us about things and they wouldn't appear in the news.

I mind a few years ago I saw a story about a guy getting crucified in Belfast - I was horrified by this, and asked my brother, who lived in N Ireland at the time, about it - he said crucifixions weren't that unusual in Ireland at the time, so weren't widely reported - that was only about 15 years ago, so not even at the height of the troubles. :o

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That means either they caught the person straight away or haven't yet and have asked the press to hold off as publicity would be unhelpful.

So they've either caught the person or they haven't. No shit Sherlock. Room for you in the polis for sure. 

On 22 June 2018 at 18:57, Dindeleux said:

A couple of days ago there was a story (front page) in all the papers about a young guy who had found a headless corpse in a park in Glasgow.  However the following day the story was completely ignored and there isn't any listing of it anywhere at all on bbc etc.

Is this a case of the police asking the media not to report and, if it is, why would they do it in this case?

Happens all the time.

One from years ago was the woman found dead 14 up in a high flat in Maryhill. Story hits the press blah blah blah. Same time one week later, 15 up in a the same high flat in Maryhill, another woman found dead. This time it's big news and the press start mentioning Witness Protection.

The case was never heard of again.

On 22/06/2018 at 18:57, Dindeleux said:

taggart.jpg.7729ea28fa19f1784f5554b3fe80bc29.jpg

Man bites dug = news. 

Heidless corpse turns up in the murder capital of Scotland = not news. 

Archived