Football League 2018/19 season

21 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

The BBC article I saw only had Sol saying he was "one of" the best players in the world which is still a pretty big stretch.

It`s ridiculous rather than a stretch in all honesty

He was the best player in the world called Sol Campbell though. Maybe that`s what he meant.

50 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It`s ridiculous rather than a stretch in all honesty

He was the best player in the world called Sol Campbell though. Maybe that`s what he meant.

He was definitely one of the best players in the world at pissing off Tottenham fans when he moved to Arsenal.  In his prime he may have had a case to be one of the top 10 centre backs in the world. 

Just now, senorsoupe said:

He was definitely one of the best players in the world at pissing off Tottenham fans when he moved to Arsenal.  In his prime he may have had a case to be one of the top 10 centre backs in the world. 

Yep joking aside he was a very decent centre half in his day. Good luck to the guy in his new job. He`ll need it I suspect.

This Middlesbrough performance tonight is as inept as I’ve seen from almost any team in football this season, including Dundee united last night. Nothing going forward as is generally expected, but the defending has been woeful as well.

Villa are a decent side, with a good record at the Riverside, but they absolutely shouldn’t be coasting to a 0-3 win. Bad day at the office.

Brentford have gone from promotion contenders to relegation fodder in the space of a couple of months. Teams have sussed the style of play and there's no plan B. Ive never seen a team do so many 1-2's with their goalkeeper. Maupay is a class act but is about 5 foot 7 and the only registered striker in the 'A' team. I think it's now 1 win in the last 13 games and this run started with Smith and Frank seems to have no clue how to get the team out of the rut. Worrying times, an experienced defender, a defensive midfielder and another striker are needed in January.

Not looking forward to WBA away on Monday night. Has the potential to be an absolute pumping.