Football League 2018/19 season

Rudy Gestede...fucking hell. His sole purpose is to head the ball and the useless fucking charlatan can’t even manage that from 6 yards. Atrocious.

At least David Nugents finishing at the riverside is as poor as it ever was thankfully.

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Rudy Gestede...fucking hell. His sole purpose is to head the ball and the useless fucking charlatan can’t even manage that from 6 yards. Atrocious.

At least David Nugents finishing at the riverside is as poor as it ever was thankfully.

He is genuinely one of the worst players I’ve seen at the club, which is saying something as there’s been plenty of shite.

Harsh on Nugent, he was pretty pivotal on getting us promoted the last time.

Lewis Macleod is refusing to sign a new contract with Brentford and as a result has been completely dropped from the squad for today. Seemingly wants a move back to Scotland. Not a great loss in my opinion. He started the season very well and seemed to be a pivotal part of the team but has been utterly w**k recently and has started on the bench the last few games.

On 14/11/2018 at 10:52, ayrshire_nomad said:

Any Bradford fans on this thread?

Are you long for the same info you got on the travel thread? If you're looking for Valley Parade, it's an easy walk or short taxi from the centre. You can see it from some parts, Park Avenue is a bit further out past Odsal,  the rugby park.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Robert Rowan, Brentford’s technical director, has died aged 30. Rowan wrote to every club in Scotland and England looking for a job and worked for Stenhousemuir, Celtic and other clubs before securing the job at Brentford. He died of heart failure. Not sure if he’s been mentioned on here before, there was a profile of him in Nutmeg a few months back and he’s been a big part of the Brentford model of using analytics for coaching purposes.

On 6/27/2018 at 04:12, Cerberus said:

Jack Ross will get hounded out before Christmas.

Not going too well with that prediction mate are you although there is time yet.

He and the new owners have been an absolute breath of fresh air and after years of barely winning a game, me and my fellow Sunderland fans are thoroughly enjoying our football again. Personally I have only missed three games all season including the pre season, and one of those was because even though I go to a hell of a lot of away games, I did not have enough loyalty points to get a ticket for AFC Wimbledon. The other two games I missed were Grimsby away pre season and Gillingham away on a midweek.  They have re-engaged the fans including getting us involved in replacing the faded seats at the stadium among other things. Sunderland is a very happy ship at the moment and the openness and information flow from the club has been superb with the owners happy to do pod casts with fans groups etc. The whole atmosphere round the place has been massively lifted. Its a long way back but its a start. It's also doing wonders for my chances of completing the 92 as well. Just 6 left now and Sunderland play 2 more of those in the new year in the league. That will get me to having done 130 out of the 134 English and Scottish league sides current grounds.

Also got my eyes on a cheeky trip to Macclesfield as a neutral which would get that up to 131 of 134.

By the way we are also on target to achieve the highest ever third tier average attendance in English football history. Man City averaged around 28,300 when they were at this level and we are yet to have a crowd less than that and are averaging over 30,000 with two bumper Christmas gates to come.

Edited by Roker Rover

On 23/11/2018 at 11:46, C. Muir said:

Off to Preston v Rovers at Deepdale tomorrow. Been twice before but still buzzing for it. 5,500 Rovers fans aswell, should be some atmosphere.

Well it wouldve been some atmosphere if Rovers werent 2 down after 10 minutes!