Football League 2018/19 season

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
24 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
Caught tail end of Jeff Stelling watching some riot at the end of MK Done game and bottles flying between both sets of fans.

English football ? Bottles flying ? Surely not

mansfield fans - scum of the earth....

It’s a shame that Derek Adams got sacked by Plymouth. I’d have paid good money to watch his meltdown over Scunthorpe’s unsporting goal.

That was a ridiculously poor penalty decision for Derby there, no contact on the man who slipped going past the WBA players a joke that it was given.

The ref should be suspended by the appointment body for 3 games for getting that so badly wrong.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Not convinced he slipped, think he’s taken a dive. 

Having seen a few replays I am inclined to agree with that now.  My first reaction was he slipped, either way certainly not a penalty and if a dive hopefully he gets a retrospective ban from the authorities for it.

23 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Bolton Wanderers to go into administration within 24 hours? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48186060.

The fans deserve better than the awful shambles of the last few years.

Agreed. 

Except for the twat with the drum. He deserves every suffering known to humankind. 

good news for @Bully Wee Villa

i've always been a bit skeptical about these analytical football sites - expected goals, gracenote's global sports metadata, that sort of nonsense - but there's a deeply insightful article on the BBC website  which has been produced in conjunction with such statistical luminaries and which concludes that :

If Villa reach the Championship play-off final this year, they will have a great chance of promotion 

i think it's particularly telling that they've made this bold assertion only after Villa have secured their place in the playoffs - otherwise it would just come across as witless speculation entirely without foundation; clearly they know stuff that the rest of us can only guess at - footballing necromancy, i tells ya....