Football League 2018/19 season

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

My word Boro are unbearable. I actually don’t want them to go up as if they did Pulis would get another contract. 

The real fans will still be there willing them on. 

23 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Surely the EFL need to take a look at themselves for allowing utter charlatans like the Bolton owner to take over in the first place?

My guess is they’ll just scrap the match and award Brentford a 3-0 win.

There's bound to be a points deduction, probably next season.  That could see them in L2 the following one. They'll be playing Chorley in the league soon after that.

There's bound to be a points deduction, probably next season.  That could see them in L2 the following one. They'll be playing Chorley in the league soon after that.

Can there be any scenario of them being expelled from the championship and every game they’ve played so far being a 3-0 loss? That could affect title/playoffs/relegations I’d imagine

37 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Can there be any scenario of them being expelled from the championship and every game they’ve played so far being a 3-0 loss? That could affect title/playoffs/relegations I’d imagine

It occurred to me. It's unprecedented in England, although the Accies blazed this trail here. I doubt they'd do that at this stage, unless theybworked out it didn't impact other clubs materially.I

FC The Bolton Wanderers United might be on the horizon.

It occurred to me. It's unprecedented in England, although the Accies blazed this trail here. I doubt they'd do that at this stage, unless theybworked out it didn't impact other clubs materially.I
FC The Bolton Wanderers United might be on the horizon.

Do the club own the ground?

They've only gone this far now, other than the obvious reason, because there are only two games left and neither of them effect promotion and relegation so there is minimal damage to the league.  Two 3-0 defeats would probably not be too far away from the actual results anyway. Yes, annoying for the fans of all the clubs involved but I think the players are quite right in what they're doing.

An added bonus is the Brentford players now have a free day to enjoy themselves in Bolton. 

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Do the club own the ground?

Don't know. They had more debt than Brazil at one stage, but the guy they owed it to wrote most of it off, then died. Don't know how much they've built back up, but the charlatan that's circling won't solve much.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Could the league just pay the PFA so the players get paid? Wouldn't be seen to be unfairly helping the club then, but would allow the remaining fixtures to be played. If not, may as well just award their remaining opponents the points. Neither can go up or down anyway so would make no odds. Would be daft to cancel out 44 results and potentially affect who gets promoted or relegated when the only two fixtures left are meaningless. 

Yes they keep saying that. Doesn't really help anything. They won't say what happens if the players refuse to play. 

I don't think it affects the top three, but you could have a situation where it affects who finishes top six. Are they going to delay the playoffs indefinitely until the matches are played? That would be a nonsense. 

Just award their opponents the points. The matches don't matter anyway. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa