Football League 2018/19 season

Blackpool's first home game after the Oyston's have now gone is a sell out. The 'not a penny more' campaign didn't really work though as they got booted out by the courts or they'd still be there sticking two fingers up to the fans.  If that was indeed the case then I'd have mixed feelings about the stay away fans if I'd gone every week.

9 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Blackpool's first home game after the Oyston's have now gone is a sell out. The 'not a penny more' campaign didn't really work though as they got booted out by the courts or they'd still be there sticking two fingers up to the fans.  If that was indeed the case then I'd have mixed feelings about the stay away fans if I'd gone every week.

No fcuking doubt you would have doubts  :lol:

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Blackpool have been through the ringer with those absolute c***s in charge. Fair play to those that made a stand and I'm glad the Oystons have gone, regardless of how it came about. 

Agreed BWV. 

14 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Blackpool have been through the ringer with those absolute c***s in charge. Fair play to those that made a stand and I'm glad the Oystons have gone, regardless of how it came about. 

Indeed. Most football fans will be too. There's just something about the protest that doesn't sit well though. There was a bit on the radio about it a few days ago and they were mentioning the small businesses in the vicinity of the ground that went under due to the prolonged reduction in match day crowds, the last thing a place like Blackpool needs. I'm all for financial protests to hit the money obsessed but it didn't bother the Oystons who were rolling in it before taking into account the millions they syphoned from the club. When a protest isn't working and only hurts others including the club you love then a rethink is needed, not keeping it going for 4 or 5 years. Anyway, it's thankfully over and they've finally gone. 

Glad to see that those Oyston fuckers are gone but agree that the protesters didn't think of the surrounding businesses, the law of unintended consequences.

On a different note, why is it that some sketchy b*****ds feel the need to look like sketchy b*****ds, first Jimmy Saville and now Owen Oyston, to borrow a joke from Kevin Bridges, "you must have done something, just look at you".  Even if I didn't know anything about football, I would not trust this man

image.png.e3b65c2e9ad54c7c4f2c5705588f6b2c.png

Jukanovic and wagner being mentioned as replacements. Never really seen them play, but surely given how good Norwich, sheff utd and leeds have been this year, 4th isn’t too bad and aiming to go up through the playoffs isn’t the end of the world. Strange one.

Given all the chaos around bolton this week, a good result for them today.

I was really impressed by Wagner at Huddersfield. Surprised a bigger club hasn't taken a punt on him. Possibly stayed at Huddersfield slightly too long but worked wonders there.

Was at Middlesbrough for the Brentford game, first victory in Middlesbrough for over 80 years, glorious. 
Only six points off the playoffs with a game in hand on the majority above. Not impossible, especially on recent form.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Was at Middlesbrough for the Brentford game, first victory in Middlesbrough for over 80 years, glorious. 

We used to have a couple of Boro ‘fans’ on here not sure where they went. Good win for Brentford hope they keep it up :)