Football League 2018/19 season

Some performance from Brentford tonight, left it late for the goal but would have been a travesty if it wasn't a win. Canos at right wing back was a masterstroke from Frank, he was absolutely immense. Was very surprised with how poor Villa were. Other than a couple of counter attacks they offered almost nothing.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching football this much. I'd probably have to go back to Tade's time at Raith.

1 hour ago, ListerRRFC said:

Some performance from Brentford tonight, left it late for the goal but would have been a travesty if it wasn't a win. Canos at right wing back was a masterstroke from Frank, he was absolutely immense. Was very surprised with how poor Villa were. Other than a couple of counter attacks they offered almost nothing.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching football this much. I'd probably have to go back to Tade's time at Raith.

Was concerned with Frank's start but he's brought it round fantastically, wouldn't take Smith back at all. 

Wondered where Canos was playing when I seen the lineups, never thought of him as a wing back but if the cap fits... 

Was concerned with Frank's start but he's brought it round fantastically, wouldn't take Smith back at all. 

Wondered where Canos was playing when I seen the lineups, never thought of him as a wing back but if the cap fits... 

Canos was arguably the best player on the park last night. Took me a while to realise where he was playing myself, initially I thought Frank had reverted with back to a back four with Konsa at right back. Despite that though, I imagine he'll be put back on the wing when Henry is back from injury.

Credit where it's due to Thomas Frank, he's getting the results and the team playing better football than ever. Think the start of his tenure had a lot of mitigating factors such as Smith leaving (even though he hadn't won in his last six and the fans were beginning to turn) and the death of Robert Rowan. The defence and goalkeeper still look dodgy at times however I don't think there's a defence in the league that would look forward to playing against the Brentford attackers.

On 2/14/2019 at 08:24, ListerRRFC said:

Canos was arguably the best player on the park last night. Took me a while to realise where he was playing myself, initially I thought Frank had reverted with back to a back four with Konsa at right back. Despite that though, I imagine he'll be put back on the wing when Henry is back from injury.

Credit where it's due to Thomas Frank, he's getting the results and the team playing better football than ever. Think the start of his tenure had a lot of mitigating factors such as Smith leaving (even though he hadn't won in his last six and the fans were beginning to turn) and the death of Robert Rowan. The defence and goalkeeper still look dodgy at times however I don't think there's a defence in the league that would look forward to playing against the Brentford attackers.

Great to hear, how you been enjoying the games, you got a favourite pub yet? 

Great to hear, how you been enjoying the games, you got a favourite pub yet? 
Absolutely loving it mate, not used to supporting a 'footballing' team. Even got my 13 year old brother coming down for his first Brentford match next month against WBA.

The New Inn is the correct, and only choice for home matches.

20 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

The New Inn is the correct, and only choice for home matches.

giphy.gif.69fb1fa6317b26434a10677803f36015.gif

The owner is a good man aswell.  My mate who got me into Brentford used to work on the bar, love it in there. Also met Kamara of SSN fame, frequents there a bit apparently. 

Not sure when my next game will be, might be moving down south in the summer, if that doesn't materialise I'd imagine I'll go down for the end of the season. 

giphy.gif.69fb1fa6317b26434a10677803f36015.gif
The owner is a good man aswell.  My mate who got me into Brentford used to work on the bar, love it in there. Also met Kamara of SSN fame, frequents there a bit apparently. 
Not sure when my next game will be, might be moving down south in the summer, if that doesn't materialise I'd imagine I'll go down for the end of the season. 
He is indeed, had many a good night there post-match.

Hopefully there'll be a play-off push towards the end of the season but that may be rather overly optimistic. I can imagine ticket sales will be up next season with it being the last season at GP.

The FA have also had their say tonight:-

A spokesman for The FA said: “The FA worked closely with the EFL during the investigation into Leeds United FC observing opponent training sessions and The FA notes the league’s decision to charge Leeds for a breach of its Competition Rules.

“The FA has, on this occasion, decided to conclude this matter by issuing formal warnings against Leeds United FC, Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa and a club video analyst.

“Notwithstanding The FA’s decision on this occasion, The FA will take appropriate action should further evidence of this nature come to light in the future.

“The FA would like to remind all participants, including clubs and club employees (and agents) that action can be brought against any participant if their conduct fails to act in the best interest of the game or otherwise brings the game into disrepute, pursuant to FA Rule E3(1).”

On 2019-02-13 at 12:46, Zen Archer said:

I actually missed this news because I have come to assume that Blackpool will be a complete mess but this is pretty bad even by their standards.  I hope for their fans that this situation can get sorted out, I especially hope that the plan to sort this out involves putting all of the Oyston's on an iceberg and setting them out to sea

56 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I actually missed this news because I have come to assume that Blackpool will be a complete mess but this is pretty bad even by their standards.  I hope for their fans that this situation can get sorted out, I especially hope that the plan to sort this out involves putting all of the Oyston's on an iceberg and setting them out to sea

The English Football League say they will work with the newly-appointed receivers of Blackpool to ensure the club fulfil their fixtures this season.

David Rubin & Partners are due to be confirmed as receivers of the League One side this week.

Blackpool were put into receivership by the High Court last week, forcing owner Owen Oyston to pay ex-director Valeri Belokon the £25m he is owed.

The EFL must also decide whether to dock the Tangerines 12 points.

"We hope to find a solution that will deliver the stability that will benefit the club going forward," EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said.

"The board [of the EFL] will receive an update at its next meeting on 6 March and we will look to bring the matter to a conclusion, as quickly as possible."

Paul Cooper of David Rubin & Partners is set to take day-to-day control of the Bloomfield Road side once the company's appointment is confirmed by the High Court.

It is reported he will be asked to discharge some of Oyston's assets, plus those of Blackpool Football Club (Properties) Ltd - which owns the football club, stadium, training ground and nearby Travelodge.

EFL to consider points deduction

In an open letter published on Monday, Harvey reiterated his intention to "return the focus of the club's supporters to the performance on the pitch rather than activities off it", which he previously stated in a meeting with Blackpool supporters in March 2018.

However, Harvey said the imposition of a 12-point deduction - which would see the club drop from eighth to 16th on the basis of current standings - was not necessarily mandatory despite the club going into receivership.

"The EFL operates inside a regulatory framework that governs our approach to matters," Harvey said.

"It is this framework that has often frustrated parties who think we should have done more with regard to the ownership of Blackpool FC, and is now the same framework that provides the flexibility for the board, to determine if a sporting sanction of a 12 point deduction is to be enforced.

"It is not mandatory that the 12 point sanction must be applied but the circumstances of the appointment of the receiver need to be fully considered and the appropriate decision taken in accordance with the regulations."