Football League 2018/19 season

28 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Prime example of why the 3000 max rule in the Barclay’s is madness.

There is no 3000 max rule.  Leicester and Newcastle are both a few 100 over but clubs could sell more to away fans if they chose too. Most grounds are fully every week so no need. 

Minimum 3000 tickets for a stadium of 30 thousand +. Otherwise 10% of capacity. 

In fact the EFL has a lower minimum of this, 2000 I think. 

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

There is no 3000 max rule.  Leicester and Newcastle are both a few 100 over but clubs could sell more to away fans if they chose too. Most grounds are fully every week so no need. 

Minimum 3000 tickets for a stadium of 30 thousand +. Otherwise 10% of capacity. 

In fact the EFL has a lower minimum of this, 2000 I think. 

Strange, when Boro played Burnley (I think it was), the reason for no extra tickets was given as a PL rule on maximums. Given the stadium had plenty of spare seats I’d have expected them to want to sell more to away fans. Happened more than once actually.

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Strange, when Boro played Burnley (I think it was), the reason for no extra tickets was given as a PL rule on maximums. Given the stadium had plenty of spare seats I’d have expected them to want to sell more to away fans. Happened more than once actually.

Burnley used to give away fans the whole stand behind the goal, over 4000 tickets. They reduced this to 2400 a couple of years ago coinciding with the £30 cap and their increased ticket sales. 

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He isn't, actually. He starts on 1st February, which seems a bit odd.

Does his Villa termination deal prevent him from managing in the Championship before that date? That is one possible explanation as it could stop him pinching their players or transfer targets in the January window. Even so, it does seem a bit odd.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

38 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Does his Villa termination deal prevent him from managing in the Championship before that date? That is one possible explanation as it could stop him pinching their players or transfer targets in the January window. Even so, it does seem a bit odd.

Few reports here in Sheffield seem to think that he’s got an operation lined up this month and he’s got to rest up for a few weeks after. 

3 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

A manager that we needed at the club. English, knows the league and knows how to get teams out of this division. 

...until the first bad run then it'll be 'get that Blades c**t out of our club'!

1 hour ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Few reports here in Sheffield seem to think that he’s got an operation lined up this month and he’s got to rest up for a few weeks after. 

A  gastric band???

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

No idea, tbh. Maybe Arbroath Legend's theory is correct. 

On 1/1/2019 at 19:15, Rab B Nesbit said:

8000 Sunderland fans at Blackpool today. Superb ! 

Total attendance was supposed to be 10,994 but there was not 3,000 Blackpool fans there. Looked about 1,000 tops.