East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

Think this league will be a bit crap now. I’m not having a go just my opinion. It’s sad to see big guns like Bo’ness lithgow and Bonnyrigg leaving. Suppose it gives other teams a chance. Lochee United and broughty favourites for the league??

Guest brycey

a bit crap - it will be crap lol - a superleague - naw its a tayside league lol - lochee probably favourites - aint seen broughty but when 1 of there supporters jt didnt know that the hoose were relaying there pitch it shows you what they know about football he he - it makes me wonder what planet some folk live on - oh dear oh dear

4 hours ago, calmac25 said:

I wonder if Montrose would be interested in returning when you look at the spread of teams?

Perhaps, but even with this spread the travelling is about the same as being in the North Juniors. However if most of the southern teams join the EoS next season, then it would surely be the other way about with the Taysiders moving north.

Edited by Ginaro

• 4 weeks later...

How's everyone's pre season going?

Broughty have played 5 games I think. A couple of really typically turgid pre season games but also a couple of real good tussles.

They are playing their last game V a Dundee Utd XI tomorrow before the real stuff kicks off next Saturday.

Looks like there's been a good few players brought in but without any official news from the club, it's hard to say how many.

Out of games I've watched, defence looks solid enough,and they'll have 2 flying machines on the wings but I think they might struggle for goals overall. There hasn't been much creativity from midfield either.

Jury's out on how they'll do, but I'm hoping as the season progresses, they will be up there challenging.

A pretty sorry state of a division in all honesty now but that's not really the fault of the remaining sides and I'm sure that although the prestige of the division / region has taken a hammering the feeling of winning it will still be fairly sweet as will the carrot of Scottish cup qualification for someone who might not have been in the running previously. 

A pretty sorry state of a division in all honesty now but that's not really the fault of the remaining sides and I'm sure that although the prestige of the division / region has taken a hammering the feeling of winning it will still be fairly sweet as will the carrot of Scottish cup qualification for someone who might not have been in the running previously. 
No point in crying about it as you say, it is what it is.

The amount of rivalries will ensure it's a hard fought league.

I'm looking forward to it.

Thought Tayport might have a push at the title this year as it really is a one off chance for Scottish cup entry.

However lost 3 strikers Sutherland to North End, top scorer Dale Reid to Kirrie and best player Alan Tulleth to Lochee Utd. Manager brought in a couple only and seemingly perfectly happy with the tools he has. Will be many local young boys as regular players this season so time will tell.

Head over later today to see opener against Kennoway who have also lost their top guys to Kelty.

Unfortunately the pitch is in awful condition even with no pre season games on it.

Suspect many parks also suffering with the drout.

poor start for fauldhouse as expected - as for whitburn relegation is on the cards already!

Was at the game today. I thought Fauldhouse started really well and were the better team for the 1st half an hour without really creating anything clear cut, but they stifled Broughty really well

2nd half was a different story, Broughty came out and killed the game within 10 mins or so, and then ran out comfortable winners.

Guest brycey
32 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Was at the game today. I thought Fauldhouse started really well and were the better team for the 1st half an hour without really creating anything clear cut, but they stifled Broughty really well

2nd half was a different story, Broughty came out and killed the game within 10 mins or so, and then ran out comfortable winners.

well done to broughty today