East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Saw this elsewhere, disgraceful from the Kennoway player - apparently he got away with this and his victim got a red card! (in the cup, and can't find a thread for either team to post in):

Missed by the referee and 2 neutral assistants. 3 blind mice.

Tayport FC is looking for a new manager after parting company this evening with Manager Charlie King by mutual consent. The club would like to thank Charlie for his efforts over the past 15 months and wishes him well for the future. 

See Dave around a lot with his job. Seems a good guy imo.
Yeah he's a good lad. Not sure he could be arsed with it all nowadays tho.

I see Charlie King is the man quite a few Brechin fans would like in. Was he THAT good at Tayport or is it the old heart ruling the head thing?

44 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Yeah he's a good lad. Not sure he could be arsed with it all nowadays tho.

I see Charlie King is the man quite a few Brechin fans would like in. Was he THAT good at Tayport or is it the old heart ruling the head thing?

My take on the situation is "unnofficial"

I heard that he was given a pretty decent budget this season at Tayport.

Apparently however he was happy with the resources already in his charge and declined splashing out or attracting more players.

I believe the upstairs view on this was somewhat more sceptical.

I suspect the zero return from away matches backs this up.

Direction from the dugout never really struck me as anything special. Seemed to be more interested in harrassing officials to me.

Btw Davie Baikie is the chairman so will have a major say in the next appointment.

My take on the situation is "unnofficial"
I heard that he was given a pretty decent budget this season at Tayport.
Apparently however he was happy with the resources already in his charge and declined splashing out or attracting more players.
I believe the upstairs view on this was somewhat more sceptical.
I suspect the zero return from away matches backs this up.
Direction from the dugout never really struck me as anything special. Seemed to be more interested in harrassing officials to me.
Btw Davie Baikie is the chairman so will have a major say in the next appointment.

Cheers for that. Totally agree regarding the harassment of officials, I mentioned this on here a couple of months back.

I knew Baikie was Chairman, just wondered if he'd be tempted back into the dugout but I suspect not.

So, a leftfield appointment like an Ovenstone or someone local and more obvious?
(You got the last one spot on[emoji6])

• 2 weeks later...
Tayport have appointed Stevie Kay with Ryan Blackadder and Willie Campbell as backroom staff

Decent appointment i think if he can reproduce what he did and Dundonald
Good luck to the guys especially Willie Campbell who helped me out on Saturday there and was gratefully appreciated by everyone at Fauldhouse