East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

Guest brycey
24 minutes ago, Bell End said:

Good results for both Thornton & glenrothes, surprised by fauldhouse start to season

not surprised by the thornton result- would have expected fauldhouse to get something out the game at glenrothes - not to be though!

Guest brycey
8 hours ago, gogsy said:

Good to see that Whitburn have strengthened their team though, imagine how bad they would be if they hadn't.

going to be a difficult league for whitburn but good luck to them - and of course its refreshing to see they are strengthening the squad 

On 19/08/2018 at 07:57, brycey said:

going to be a difficult league for whitburn but good luck to them - and of course its refreshing to see they are strengthening the squad 

I too wish them all the best brycey(the players/coaching staff not the committee!!).

It will be tough for them this season and i can see a return to the south league on the cards tbh.

I started watchin football at Central Park,many fond memories there but i wont be back until they are in the pyramid.

Edited by Whitburn Vale

Guest brycey
1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I too wish them all the best brycey(the players/coaching staff not the committee!!).

It will be tough for them this season and i can see a return to the south league on the cards tbh.

I started watchin football at Central Park,many fond memories there but i wont be back until they are in the pyramid.

i too have many fond memories of whitburn when they were a big team competing in the superleague and winning it many seasons ago- against linlithgow on the last game of the season and big john rowbottham was the ref - its a shame now that there return may b shortlived alas- every point is gonna b crucial for them especially at home and who knows they might just scrape it - like yourself whitburn vale i dont blame you for not going back to see your team until they are in the pyramid - thats exactly how i feel - ejoy your football wherever it takes you buddy

43 minutes ago, Bell End said:

What happened in the Kirrie game? To be beat 8 zip surely a sending off or 3

What happened was the hosts chased shadows on a gloriously sunny afternoon. Eleven against eleven, but that was the only aspect in which Kirrie were the equal of their visitors. To be fair, Kirrie did keep going when others might have gone for damage limitation. Some decent goals as you might expect with 8 to chose from, but acres of space to head/ slide the ball in describes the majority, as I saw it.

38 minutes ago, Ylf said:

^^^ lochee united have an excellent team and squad. Think they will dish out a few hidings in the league

They knocked the ball about with genuine quality yesterday for the majority of the game. Fearful hammerings aren't always a good watch, but this was.

^^ fair point. Lochee definitely the team to beat imo

Completely agree. They're the favourites and rightly so. Looks like a really strong squad they've assembled there but it's early days.

Interesting that the top 2 have distanced themselves from the pack already but it's only 5 points and it's only August!

The one thing that I would say is, Broughty look really strong defensively but lack fire power. It may have a bearing in the end.