Jock Tamson

East Region Superleague

On 8 August 2018 at 11:28, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Blantyre Celtic might have had Jimmy Johnstone and Paul Wilson at the same time in the early 1980s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wilson_(footballer,_born_1950)

...After his spell at Thistle he was tempted into junior football by ex-Celtic teammate Jimmy Johnstone with Blantyre Celtic,[2] winning a junior international cap...

The two players played under an agreement to share the gate money (admissioon was about 50p at the time) Think the crowd was about 2000 at the first home game and then it gradually dwindled away as the weeks when by. Think around the same time George Best did something similar with Hibs.

8 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Yesterday's results and table.Screenshot_20180812-135120_Chrome.jpg

I think the league might look like that come May time. 

Broughty appear to have spent well during the summer. The boy Scott (ex Forfar) is a player, quick & lots of talent. 

I think the league might look like that come May time. 
Broughty appear to have spent well during the summer. The boy Scott (ex Forfar) is a player, quick & lots of talent. 
I think these 3 will finish the top 3 but really it could be in any order.

Marc Scott is a definite coup for Broughty, terrific signing, and when he gets fully up to speed (he's had quite a bit of injury issues) he'll tear the league up imo.

The others have made some great signings too.

35 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

I think these 3 will finish the top 3 but really it could be in any order.

Marc Scott is a definite coup for Broughty, terrific signing, and when he gets fully up to speed (he's had quite a bit of injury issues) he'll tear the league up imo.

The others have made some great signings too.

Look forward to taking in some games in the coming weeks. 

I think you might be right, top 3 are strong sides but good to see Forfar West End have improved.  Gonna be interesting as the weeks progress 

Look forward to taking in some games in the coming weeks. 
I think you might be right, top 3 are strong sides but good to see Forfar West End have improved.  Gonna be interesting as the weeks progress 
Broughty at West End on Saturday, looking forward to it. Something has to give.

4 hours ago, Bell End said:

Do Forfar still have big lad up top? Doesn't look a player but knows where the goals are 

Graeme Hart now asistant manager, they have however signed a guy of similar build from Lochee United who is banging in the goals.

Graeme Hart now asistant manager, they have however signed a guy of similar build from Lochee United who is banging in the goals.
It stops on Saturday!

I hope

8 hours ago, COG said:

Who have they signed from Lochee United that is scoring?

On 11/08/2018 at 08:03, brycey said:

fair points sir- no pressure on fauldhouse today as they should easily roll relegation candidates whitburn over 

You jinxed us :o:o

2 hours ago, Derek Sharp said:

You jinxed us :o:o

sorry derek lol - sure you guys will come good - a met my twin brother brycey on saturday at lochgelly he asks kindly for everybody at fauldhouse and i am even learning him how to spell - needless to say i am having one hell of a job lol 

13 hours ago, superbigal said:

Be talking about Mike Mcillravey I suspect. Nothing like big Graeme. A "little" quicker.

And half the size, there was a big guy called Paddy at Lochee last year, is he at FWE now?

21 hours ago, brycey said:

sorry derek lol - sure you guys will come good - a met my twin brother brycey on saturday at lochgelly he asks kindly for everybody at fauldhouse and i am even learning him how to spell - needless to say i am having one hell of a job lol 

Don't learn him how to spell...we fully understand him now :thumsup2:thumsup2

And half the size, there was a big guy called Paddy at Lochee last year, is he at FWE now?

Paddy Deane?

12 hours ago, Derek Sharp said:

Don't learn him how to spell...we fully understand him now :thumsup2:thumsup2

quality lol

Reinstatement - there seems to be rumours surrounding the eligibility of a certain Kevin McNaughton playing for Kirriemuir Thistle last week. 

Does anyone know any detail of this or if it just another junior Chinese whisper?