East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I still wouldn't have touched Syngenta as there's the good chance of them trying to leave in a year.

I’d agree with that. They’ll be applying to EoS at the first opportunity. At least the other three, coming under the name of the Senior teams, means they’re in the Juniors in perpetuity 

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.d27d0d2b6e8976b46c09202a2abbcb5d.png

image.png.d49e2e6e3a82eeb38981b25660e58f63.png

Or will Newburgh be kept South so that there are even numbers in every division?

An absolutely awful decision to regionalise. The north super league looks half decent, but the rest just looks awful and unattractive. With a net gain of 2 clubs, it would make far more sense to just keep the same format, but with 14 teams in the Superleague. Relegate the bottom 2 & promote the top 2 of each of the 2 premier leagues.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Dosn't that compromise the East Region Scottish Cup place if they don't have one Super League?

The Scottish Cup place goes to the East Region champions, so that will be the winners of the north v south champions play-off.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Dosn't that compromise the East Region Scottish Cup place if they don't have one Super League?

I doubt they would do it if they felt it compromised the place in the Cup.

However, the SFA were supposedly not happy with the EoS 3x Conference system this year. It's something that might slip under the SFA radar so that the 2019-20 overall champion gets in, but then have to be looked at afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

The Scottish Cup place goes to the East Region champions, so that will be the winners of the north v south champions play-off.

Aye but I seen on another forum that the SFA wern't too happy with that arrangement.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I doubt they would do it if they felt it compromised the place in the Cup.

However, the SFA were supposedly not happy with the EoS 3x Conference system this year. It's something that might slip under the SFA radar so that the 2019-20 overall champion gets in, but then have to be looked at afterwards.

Aye that;s what I was talking about.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye that;s what I was talking about.

I reckon the overall 2019-20 East Region champion will get in. The Scottish Cup is going to need re-formatted somewhat for 2020-21 though. Who knows what effect that could have on things. There was already a past proposal to remove the Junior entries. It could be raised again. Maybe just have the Junior Cup winner enter alone.

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I reckon the overall 2019-20 East Region champion will get in. The Scottish Cup is going to need re-formatted somewhat for 2020-21 though. Who knows what effect that could have on things. There was already a past proposal to remove the Junior entries. It could be raised again. Maybe just have the Junior Cup winner enter alone.

I dont remember the SFA making any mention of the 3 conferences because they knew it was a transitional season but they did make it clear if the East was to get into the pyramid it would have to be one League

...with 16 clubs, which is awkward for the ERSJFA in numbers terms. It has been claimed that 8 from the north and 8 from the south will form the ERSJFA's tier 6 league if pyramid entry happens in 2020-21. I doubt they would be splitting in the first place if they really expect that to happen, which calls into question the SJFA's end game on the pyramid.

Officially they are still negotiating entry as an intact association but are the blazers involved actually serious about it when neither the east or the north regions seem to actually want it? At some point something's got to give and there is likely to be some sort of breakaway in the west.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, JuniorFitbaforum said:

Great news for the region!
Welcome to the new clubs!
Lots of good positive support for our new clubs on social media!
Let's crack on guys and make it a season to remember!

20190616_112829.jpg

We posted this yesterday mate :whistle

In fact, it’s just up this very page a wee bit...maybe a long way up considering your used to such a wee forum

Edited by Spyro

20190616_112829.thumb.jpg.310303a5aaf24af3380c6064c859f8ac.jpg
Welcome Kim Jong-un.

20190616_112829.thumb.jpg.310303a5aaf24af3380c6064c859f8ac.jpg
Banned many yet?