East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

No playoff 3 down.

Playoff between 2 runners up.

Interesting to see if ersjfa put fixtures up for Livingston v kinnoull or luncarty.

Has that been announced anywhere? Because I found the following on the ERJFA website, though it might just be a leftover from last season's setup?  

http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/Handbook18-08-18.pdf

77 d. Promotion and Relegation. The promotion and relegation, effective from the end of Season 2018/19, will be as follows:

1. Super League: Bottom 2 teams relegated to appropriate Premier Leagues, 3rd bottom will play-off against winners of Premier League play-off in a 2 legged play-off. 

2. Premier Leagues: Top 2 teams automatically promoted to Super League. 3rd top winners in play-off with 3rd bottom of Super League in a 2 legged play-off.

Has that been announced anywhere? Because I found the following on the ERJFA website, though it might just be a leftover from last season's setup?  
77 d. Promotion and Relegation. The promotion and relegation, effective from the end of Season 2018/19, will be as follows:
1. Super League: Bottom 2 teams relegated to appropriate Premier Leagues, 3rd bottom will play-off against winners of Premier League play-off in a 2 legged play-off. 
2. Premier Leagues: Top 2 teams automatically promoted to Super League. 3rd top winners in play-off with 3rd bottom of Super League in a 2 legged play-off.
Cheers I did not realise the extra playoff.
You will be correct.
Still interesting to see if any fixtures are scheduled.

On 13/05/2019 at 23:20, Ginaro said:

OK, so as things stand I'd guess these fixtures need to be scheduled in advance of the AGM?

The positions are all settled now.

Pumpherston promoted from the South.  Dundee North End promoted from the North.
Glenrothes and Downfield automaticlaly relegated, Downfield moving to the North League, Glenrothes moving to EoS

Luncarty and Livingston Utd are the two runners up so should play off and the winner will play off against Fauldhouse in  a home and away fixture.

33 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

OK, so as things stand I'd guess these fixtures need to be scheduled in advance of the AGM?

Luncarty and Livingston Utd are the two runners up so should play off and the winner will play off against Fauldhouse in  a home and away fixture.

Are these games even getting played with the move to North & South Super Leagues?

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Are these games even getting played with the move to North & South Super Leagues?

I understood that changes to league structure could only be made at an AGM so you run the risk of the proposed changes being rejected and have to schedule these fixtures after the AGM and, presumably, after the season has finished? I don't know tbh, just asking the question.

The positions are all settled now.
Pumpherston promoted from the South.  Dundee North End promoted from the North.
Glenrothes and Downfield automaticlaly relegated, Downfield moving to the North League, Glenrothes moving to EoS

Have Pumphy stated that they'll accept promotion? Remember they won last season & declined promotion.

I understood that changes to league structure could only be made at an AGM so you run the risk of the proposed changes being rejected and have to schedule these fixtures after the AGM and, presumably, after the season has finished? I don't know tbh, just asking the question.
I believe the new structure actually has been subject of an actual vote and is still the only plan on the table.
My posts about playoffs was just a little tease in that the ersjfa have not officially announced anything afaik. So the Lothian teams do have what they want for next season. As I mentioned before the pyramid and licensing is of absolutely no interest to most clubs up in my area so I suspect the superleague having to return to 16 if pyramid is joined, is neither here or there for now.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I believe the new structure actually has been subject of an actual vote and is still the only plan on the table.
My posts about playoffs was just a little tease in that the ersjfa have not officially announced anything afaik. So the Lothian teams do have what they want for next season. As I mentioned before the pyramid and licensing is of absolutely no interest to most clubs up in my area so I suspect the superleague having to return to 16 if pyramid is joined, is neither here or there for now.

Can't the clubs get together, put this to the ersjfa, they can then feed this back to the sjfa and they can stop delaying the wrsjfa from progressing? Let's face it that stance was accepted in the North and the only thing holding the wrsjfa up is the sjfa fighting for the ersjfa clubs when it would appear they aren't interested anyway.... Then tell those in the east that are to join the eosfl.... Job done, debacle over and we can all get on with it. 

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Can't the clubs get together, put this to the ersjfa, they can then feed this back to the sjfa and they can stop delaying the wrsjfa from progressing? Let's face it that stance was accepted in the North and the only thing holding the wrsjfa up is the sjfa fighting for the ersjfa clubs when it would appear they aren't interested anyway.... Then tell those in the east that are to join the eosfl.... Job done, debacle over and we can all get on with it.

There's a certain person who will fight tooth and nail for that not to happen, as he is already doing.

Forfar West End 0 Lochee United 2

Lochee United were crowned East Region Superleague champions with this hard-fought victory over Forfar West End.

Mathematically still needing a point to clinch the title, the Bluebells never really looked in trouble against the only side to have taken points off them this season.

And, remarkably, the Thomson Park outfit have conceded only one goal on their travels in the league and that was way back in October at Glenrothes.

West End never looked like adding to that total though they couldn’t be faulted for effort.

In the fifth minute a Grant Lawson shot was parried by keeper Aaron Morrison into the path of Scott Webster but the full back sent his shot wildly over the bar.

But the opening goal was only delayed three minutes, Lawson finding Danny CAVANAGH racing in at the back post to net.

Connor Birse then provided fellow striker Scott McComiskie with a chance but his shot skimmed across the face of Morrison’s goal.

It was 37 minutes before Forfar seriously tested Jordan Millar in the visitors’ goal, Craig Batchelor playing in Andy Walls, whose near post flick was kept out by Millar’s feet.

Four minutes into the second half Cavanagh found McComiskie and the striker’s blistering shot came back off the far post with Morrison beaten.

A Webster ball to Birse looked promising but for a timely interception from West End full back Robbie George.

On 53 minutes Lochee went two up, McCOMISKIE heading home a cross from the left.

Ten minutes later Walls claimed for a penalty when he went down in the box but the referee waved play on and Lochee resumed on the offensive.

A superb run by Webster saw him take a one-two with Birse and bear down on the home side’s goal but Morrison was out quickly to deny the Lochee man.

Stephen McNally was next to have a go for the visitors but Morrison was alert and saved easily.

The Lochee keeper had to make only his second real save of the game in the dying minutes when he held a Ryan Cruickshanks effort, but the Bluebells were home and dry at that time and were able to celebrate a famous title win with two games to spare.

Forfar West End: Morrison, George, Cruickshanks, Rae, Allan, Robertson, Petrie, Timmons, McIlravey 66), Batchelor, Montgomery (McMahon 66), Walls (Hart 81).

Lochee United: Millar, Webster, McNally, Kirk, McDonald, Ritchie (Davie 81), Cavanagh (Reid 81), McWalter, Lawson, Birse (Deasley 76), McComiskie.

well done lochee winning the prize that matters. some effort in the league this season. hopefully get a wee run in the senior scottish next season
Will still be a bit of regret that they appear to have put all their eggs into one basket.

Will still be a bit of regret that they appear to have put all their eggs into one basket.

i don’t seriously think a manager would say let’s concentrate on the league and don’t worry about the cups etc. obviously you go out to win everything you enter. knocked out the cups it happens. they had a tough schedule with the scottish run but that’s what happens.

i don’t seriously think a manager would say let’s concentrate on the league and don’t worry about the cups etc. obviously you go out to win everything you enter. knocked out the cups it happens. they had a tough schedule with the scottish run but that’s what happens.
They did have a tough schedule, no doubt, but they weren't the only ones.

I'm just trying to think ahead. Let's say (and I'm not for one minute saying they will) Broughty win 3 cups. Which manager or which commitee will be the happier of the two?

I totally get what winning the league brings, and don't underestimate that, but I would put money on the Broughty commitee being the happier of the two.

Just my opinion of course.

Lochee will be more than happy with their lot over Broughty winning 3 trophies (if).

Scottish cup entry was always the major prize this season.

Pretty sure they will also be happy with the ex Broughty players that will now officially be on board next season.

Broughty did well to hang on to Lochees coat tails. I think they should have kept said players. Might have been even closer.