East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

If glenrothes are the only leaver then I anticipate the regional split will not happen. It only came about when there looked likely another exodus without change. That lack of exodus and the recent SFA pyramid statement should reverse at least the regional proposal. Whether the sl ends up increasing is another matter.
Bad for those who want/need regional football and were sold a pup to stay. Perhaps too late to jump to EoS. Should have been an egm to settle it beyond doubt weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It only came about when there looked likely another exodus without change.

I thought it came about so that WL clubs didn't have to travel to Tayside? Fauldhouse don't seem to want the Superleague, wonder if Pumpherston will decline promotion again...

Maybe not universal , I think it will have majority support though, thats all it needs.

Not sure it was ever majority support as such. Majority support as a couple of clubs spat the dummy. As they are not leaving and the SFA is also putting a subtle blocker in, I expect it will not have support.

There was a resigned attitude to the split in certain quarters before. Not so much now.

You are right though everything subject to majority voting.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I thought it came about so that WL clubs didn't have to travel to Tayside? Fauldhouse don't seem to want the Superleague, wonder if Pumpherston will decline promotion again...

If it's trips over the bridge every second week next season.fauldhouse will go out the game.according to one poster.;)

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:00, superbigal said:

Not sure it was ever majority support as such. Majority support as a couple of clubs spat the dummy. As they are not leaving and the SFA is also putting a subtle blocker in, I expect it will not have support.

There was a resigned attitude to the split in certain quarters before. Not so much now.

You are right though everything subject to majority voting.

The ERJFA have played a blinder.  They get indications that a couple of WL clubs may jump ship to the EoS if there isn't a change in format.

A regional format is discussed and a pat on the back to those clubs saying don't worry, we'll change it next season. No EGM to set it in stone.

EoS deadline passes for new applications.

Motion at AGM is defeated and status quo remains, clubs who had concerns are shafted.  You could see it a mile off.

Not sure what effect it will have long term though.

Edited by Burnie_man

So there will be a super league and a premier league next year again I take it? 

If so, I'm pretty sure the eosfl would listen to late applicants for their tier 7 conferences if clubs wished to do so. 

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

So there will be a super league and a premier league next year again I take it? 

If so, I'm pretty sure the eosfl would listen to late applicants for their tier 7 conferences if clubs wished to do so. 

Don't think the vote on it takes place until agm

If the setup is unchanged next season how many relegation/promotion places are there. How does Glenrothes moving to EoS affect that?
As far as I understand, 3 teams get relegated, both champions promoted plus the winner of a play off between the runners up. Glenrothes are already down, so their move doesn't change things.

2 hours ago, PastyMan said:

If the setup is unchanged next season how many relegation/promotion places are there. How does Glenrothes moving to EoS affect that?

Unchanged ? Same super League and teams as this season ? So potential for the likes of fauldhouse.going over the bridge nearly every other week ?.

No if unchanged fauldhouse have a great chance of being relegated into the less travelling premier south. Only a win in their last game away to forfar west end on Saturday keeps them up.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

No if unchanged fauldhouse have a great chance of being relegated into the less travelling premier south. Only a win in their last game away to forfar west end on Saturday keeps them up.

Many own goals do you reckon fauldhouse will score lol

Just now, superbigal said:

No of unchanged fauldhouse have a great chance of being relegated into the less travelling premier south. Only a win in their last game keeps them up.

Surely they'd then need to conspire to lose the play-off...

Question is does any south team want to be promoted given Pumpherston and Bathgate decided to stay in the South division last summer?

Surely they'd then need to conspire to lose the play-off...

Question is does any south team want to be promoted given Pumpherston and Bathgate decided to stay in the South division last summer?

No playoff 3 down.

Playoff between 2 runners up.

Interesting to see if ersjfa put fixtures up for Livingston v kinnoull or luncarty.

Luncarty need a win on Wednesday to secure 2nd.