East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

8 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

As it stands Lochee have won nothing this season. There are only 4 cup competitions, Scottish Junior Cup, East Region Cup, Signature Signs Inter Region Cup and the Thorntons Property League Cup. Having won our section in the league cup we cannot participate in the Consolation Cup. Should Broty win the league I would have no hesitation confirming them as the best team in the league. H

Reckon Broughty win the promotion playoffs this year?

As it stands Lochee have won nothing this season. There are only 4 cup competitions, Scottish Junior Cup, East Region Cup, Signature Signs Inter Region Cup and the Thorntons Property League Cup. Having won our section in the league cup we cannot participate in the Consolation Cup. As for our season unfortunately we were beaten by the beast team in Junior / Non League football in the semi final of the Scottish Junior Cup in Auchinleck Talbot, no complaints over the two games. The same Talbot team who dispatched Cove Rangers in the William Hill Scottish Cup who have dispatched East Kilbride in the play offs. While we still have an opportunity to win the league going into the final 5 games I can tell you if we were told at the start of the season you will win the league but lose out in the cups I would have bitten anyone's hand off for that. Now I can give excuses for our local cup losses but I won't as the winners deserve that. The league is and always will be the one to win.  I would also add that our record over the last 20 years or so is good one that stands up with the best. Our only failure is not winning a Scottish but I'm sure it will come round one day.
Just to finish off nobody at our club has claimed we are the best side in our area.

Good post. Can't really argue with any of it.

Referring to your last sentence, I know that.It was Ylf that stated Lochee Utd were the best by a mile. Although I agree they are the best side, I strongly disagree that they're on a different level all together.

2 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Good post. Can't really argue with any of it.

Referring to your last sentence, I know that.It was Ylf that stated Lochee Utd were the best by a mile. Although I agree they are the best side, I strongly disagree that they're on a different level all together.

YLF is a young supporter of the club, that is his opinion. As I said nobody at the club has said those words. Still a long way to go nobody has won anything as yet, let's wait and see who picks up the trophies.

Anyone know what's happening next season,  will the league structure go North and South or will it remain as is?  do clubs know what they're playing for?

I see the ERJFA website still claims Tier 6 in the Pyramid, someone better delete that........

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

lochee will still win the league though that’s what matters. what players did they poach lithgierose?

No idea what players.if any, someone on here was saying lochee get all the better players tied up.working out well it seems.if that is indeed what they do.

Edited by lithgierose

Injuries, suspensions and a heavy fixture schedule taking its toll on Lochee just now. Kirrie deserved their draw, though. Much better side than the one I saw lose 8-0 to Lochee earlier in the season.

It still needs to be passed at AGM, and I dont believe it has universal support.
If glenrothes are the only leaver then I anticipate the regional split will not happen. It only came about when there looked likely another exodus without change. That lack of exodus and the recent SFA pyramid statement should reverse at least the regional proposal. Whether the sl ends up increasing is another matter.