East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

Not enough posts in here, we need more!

Lochee Utd hit top spot after the weekends results. Must say though, they appear to be scraping wins just now. I was at their game against Downfield last week and it wasn't pretty at all.

I'm hoping their "Monday, Wednesday, Saturday" schedule will catch up on them .[emoji4]

A wee mention for Tayport. . . A few brilliant results lately [emoji106]

Tayport doing great under stevie and willie who are also fantastic guys. Lochee doing what winners do and that's getting points on the board regardless of performances. I actually feel for lochee who are having to do this under a tough schedule due to their excellent Scottish run. From my own point of view regarding fauldhouse it's been a very poor season league wise as performances haven't always warranted results we have had. Saturday against kirriemuir was great to watch as we stripped everything back and tried to drum into the boys to relax and play the way we can do and be brave on the ball and it paid off. In previous few games we have looked nervous and low in confidence hence the poor football but hopefully Saturday was a turning point for us to finish the season on a high

Tayport doing great under stevie and willie who are also fantastic guys. Lochee doing what winners do and that's getting points on the board regardless of performances. I actually feel for lochee who are having to do this under a tough schedule due to their excellent Scottish run. From my own point of view regarding fauldhouse it's been a very poor season league wise as performances haven't always warranted results we have had. Saturday against kirriemuir was great to watch as we stripped everything back and tried to drum into the boys to relax and play the way we can do and be brave on the ball and it paid off. In previous few games we have looked nervous and low in confidence hence the poor football but hopefully Saturday was a turning point for us to finish the season on a high
I agree with your point regarding Lochee Utd's schedule, it's a big ask.They'll win the league with a bit to spare though, I'm sure of it. My comment was a tad tongue in cheek.

Brilliant score for you boys on Sat mate, didn't see that coming at all. You must be scratching your head at times.

I agree with your point regarding Lochee Utd's schedule, it's a big ask.They'll win the league with a bit to spare though, I'm sure of it. My comment was a tad tongue in cheek.

Brilliant score for you boys on Sat mate, didn't see that coming at all. You must be scratching your head at times.
Honestly frustrating at times its unreal.

5 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Brilliant score for you boys on Sat mate, didn't see that coming at all.

Good result, but a lot of people did see it coming - it was fairly common knowledge locally that Kirrie had about 8 players as late as Saturday morning. 

The original point remains then, great score for Fauldhouse [emoji106]
It is mate. Every team has struggled at some point us more than most with availability but we dont use it as an excuse I've admitted on several occasions our league form has been embarrassing

Excellent pub quiz piece on the Tayport website just now.

This week 10 years ago, on 18 April 2009, Tayport played at home v St Andrews United in round 2 of the Inter-regional Tayside/Fife Redwood Leisure Cup. 

Before an attendance of 219 the teams drew 1-1, with Darren Scott, now of Kirrie Thistle, scoring the 'Port goal. Tayport progressed by winning the penalty shoot-out. 

To win the cup, Tayport never won a match, progressing through penalty shoot-outs in four games before losing a fifth shoot out after a 2-2 draw v Glenrothes in the Final. Tayport though, won the Cup after Glenrothes were found to have fielded  an ineligible player in the final. Must be a record!

1-1 v Rosyth

1-1 v St Andrews United

1-1 v Dundee Violet

0-0 v Lochee United in the semi final

2-2 v Glenrothes in the final

On 30/04/2019 at 12:21, gogsy said:

Get used to it, its probably not going to change for foreseeable future.

Ur right there, Lochee’s policy of going round all the local teams, offer their best players more money has certainly made sure there are the biggest fish in the pond,  and nothing is going to change soon. Must have some squad of players for next year.

Ur right there, Lochee’s policy of going round all the local teams, offer their best players more money has certainly made sure there are the biggest fish in the pond,  and nothing is going to change soon. Must have some squad of players for next year.

what’s wrong with doing that? lochee are the best junior team in tayside by a mile. have been for years. i’m sure broughty carnoustie and even downfield have payed big wages as well. lochee are a well run club who treat the players very well.

8 hours ago, Ylf said:

what’s wrong with doing that? lochee are the best junior team in tayside by a mile. have been for years. i’m sure broughty carnoustie and even downfield have payed big wages as well. lochee are a well run club who treat the players very well.

Nothing wrong with buying success, Lochee are the best team but only locally, they had a  great run in the Scottish until the met Auchinleck then did not play. I expected them to do better in the other cups but again under achieved. Carnoustie and Broughty don’t pay big money, although Downfield are rumoured to be offering good signing on fees, but have also disappointed this year.

Edited by honestjon

Rubbish.

Best by a mile is an exaggeration.

Pumped out 2 cups by Carnoustie (well beaten) and Hermes respectively,and beaten by East Craigie.

Will 1 trophy (League), possibly 2, be classed as a successful season for a side that are apparently best by a mile?

I'm thinking it won't be.

Broughty could still (potentially) have a more successful season than Lochee Utd with 3 trophy's.

Clearly they're a good side and most probably the best in the region, but to say they're best by a mile is way off.

Rubbish. 

Pumped out 2 cups by Carnoustie (well beaten) and Hermes respectively,and beaten by East Craigie.

Will 1 trophy (League), possibly 2, be classed as a successful season for a side that are apparently best by a mile?

Broughty could still (potentially) have a more successful season than Lochee Utd with 3 trophy's.

Clearly they're a good side and most probably the best in the region, but to say they're best by a mile is way off.

my opinion. i think lochee would rather win the league than the local cups? they are playing catch up in the league because they do well in the scottish. lochee are the best in tayside in my opinion. always get to the latter stages of the scottish having an excellent away record especially in ayrshire. not having a go at any other teams just think lochee are the best around that’s all.

12 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Pumped out 2 cups by Carnoustie and Hermes respectively,and beaten by East Craigie.

Will 1 trophy, possibly 2 be classed as a successful season for a side that are apparently best by a mile?

Surely the only one that really matters is the league, as it comes with the prize of the Scottish Cup?

Surely the only one that really matters is the league, as it comes with the prize of the Scottish Cup?
I agree, totally.

The question was, would it be classed as a successful season if they only won the league, given that there are 5 cups to be won at the start of the season? And also because, apparently.. they're the best by a mile?

As it stands Lochee have won nothing this season. There are only 4 cup competitions, Scottish Junior Cup, East Region Cup, Signature Signs Inter Region Cup and the Thorntons Property League Cup. Having won our section in the league cup we cannot participate in the Consolation Cup. As for our season unfortunately we were beaten by the beast team in Junior / Non League football in the semi final of the Scottish Junior Cup in Auchinleck Talbot, no complaints over the two games. The same Talbot team who dispatched Cove Rangers in the William Hill Scottish Cup who have dispatched East Kilbride in the play offs. While we still have an opportunity to win the league going into the final 5 games I can tell you if we were told at the start of the season you will win the league but lose out in the cups I would have bitten anyone's hand off for that. Now I can give excuses for our local cup losses but I won't as the winners deserve that. The league is and always will be the one to win.  I would also add that our record over the last 20 years or so is good one that stands up with the best. Our only failure is not winning a Scottish but I'm sure it will come round one day.

Just to finish off nobody at our club has claimed we are the best side in our area.

Edited by locheeboy