East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

Was busy today so not at match. So lochee play good football then? Early days but the league is very poor compared to recently but what can you do. All the best jock
I would say it was a pretty even 1st half but Lochee took the game by the scruff of the neck from the 1st whistle in 2nd half. Wouldn't say they were outstanding footballing wise today, but without a doubt more physical, more streetwise, more goal threat, and overall they were 100% the better side.

Broughty were a shambles. No fight, no dig, and the players you'd be hoping to get something from, were posted missing.

The back 4 were all over the place too, which is very surprising. McCunnie should have taken himself off too, had a mare.

Lochee Utd may well go through this season undefeated. You can bookmark that lol.

Cheers, you too.

What a poor game of football from the 2 sides at the top of the league. The ball was in the air most of the time as both teams lumped it from back to front with no attempt to play through midfield. The opening goal was from a punt up the park that the defender should have dealt with easily. I agree Lochee totally  outmuscled and outfought  Broughty in the second half, as soon as they scored the game was over. Overall disappointed with the game but Lochee deserved the 3 points.

What a poor game of football from the 2 sides at the top of the league. The ball was in the air most of the time as both teams lumped it from back to front with no attempt to play through midfield. The opening goal was from a punt up the park that the defender should have dealt with easily. I agree Lochee totally  outmuscled and outfought  Broughty in the second half, as soon as they scored the game was over. Overall disappointed with the game but Lochee deserved the 3 points.
Where are both these teams going next season,north ?

These comments are in poor taste.

Absolutely no way would Carnoustie want shot of McSkimming.

It is my understanding as well as managing he was massively the backbone of commercial activities.

I believe they now only have 2 active committee members one of whom is big Mark (Font of information).

If he chucks it they could be in a sorry state.

Phil McGuire (Currently Brechin Vics and St Andrews Uni 1st XI) likely candidate which makes sense as he was close to Mark when the St Andrews Utd "project" changed.

2 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:
2 hours ago, superbigal said:
These comments are in poor taste.
Absolutely no way would Carnoustie want shot of McSkimming.
It is my understanding as well as managing he was massively the backbone of commercial activities.
I believe they now only have 2 active committee members one of whom is big Mark (Font of information).
If he chucks it they could be in a sorry state.
Phil McGuire (Currently Brechin Vics and St Andrews Uni 1st XI) likely candidate which makes sense as he was close to Mark when the St Andrews Utd "project" changed.

It's my opinion that he hasn't done a good job there. As far as I'm led to believe, he's had a pretty healthy budget. It's fair to say it hasn't went well is it not? It's nothing personal, I don't know the guy.

I have kept my own council for a number of weeks as a certain member as made comments about Carnoustie that were at best embarrassing and at worst offensive, so lets get a few things straight

1) The budget at Carnoustie is none of your business Jock Tamson, but it is way below that of your club,  FACT,  proved by the knowledge that both players that left Carnoustie for your club in the summer received sizeable pay increases.

2) Thanks to superbigal for putting Jock Tamson straight on a number of points but we do have more than two active committee members at Carnoustie

3) Jock Tamson, its your opinion that our former manager hasn't done a good job, I beg to differ, an improving points tally year on year, oh and the G A Engineering Cup in the trophy cabinet,  tell me what's in yours apart from dust ?

4) On the subject of our sadly former manager, as you pointed out in a previous post, he was in with the bricks,  Alan did far too much behind the scenes to even contemplate pushing him out, he would have been quite within his rights to complain about the size of the wage budget but he never did, he just got on with his job.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding on your part, enjoy your season, what is the prize for finishing behind Lochee ?

Ooft. . . I'm feeling your pain fella. Or should I say Mr McSkimming? [emoji6]

You're quite correct on a few points so you won't get an argument from me,namely who will finish 2nd behind Lochee Utd. They're too strong and have a cracking squad. I can seriously see them going the season unbeaten in the league.

I won't even pretend to know what budget Broughty (or Carnousties' for that matter) have so I would have thought you'd have guessed I was trolling [emoji2]

You do seem a bit touchy, but I apologise if I've offended you.

Hope your increased work commitments don't have an adverse effect [emoji6]

Seriously though, all the best for the rest of the season.

Are you bone thick Jock ?
If you read my post I mentioned big Mark (font of information) a Carnoustie committee man.
Engage brain before talking.

Almost a third of the league games completed and we're starting to see how the league is shaping up - Lochee and Broughty fighting for the title, Tayport, Thornton, Whitburn, Carnoustie and Forfar WE mid-table, and Fauldhouse, Glenrothes, Downfield, Kirriemuir and Kennoway in the relegation battle.

On 18/09/2018 at 19:26, Font Of Information said:

I have kept my own council for a number of weeks as a certain member as made comments about Carnoustie that were at best embarrassing and at worst offensive, so lets get a few things straight

1) The budget at Carnoustie is none of your business Jock Tamson, but it is way below that of your club,  FACT,  proved by the knowledge that both players that left Carnoustie for your club in the summer received sizeable pay increases.

2) Thanks to superbigal for putting Jock Tamson straight on a number of points but we do have more than two active committee members at Carnoustie

3) Jock Tamson, its your opinion that our former manager hasn't done a good job, I beg to differ, an improving points tally year on year, oh and the G A Engineering Cup in the trophy cabinet,  tell me what's in yours apart from dust ?

4) On the subject of our sadly former manager, as you pointed out in a previous post, he was in with the bricks,  Alan did far too much behind the scenes to even contemplate pushing him out, he would have been quite within his rights to complain about the size of the wage budget but he never did, he just got on with his job.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding on your part, enjoy your season, what is the prize for finishing behind Lochee ?

How much more did Carnoustie pay Jamie Winter  to move from Broughty? Does that mean they have a bigger budget ?  

Whats happening at the club ? Both manager and club captain resign and retire in the same week ? Strange.

14 hours ago, honestjon said:

How much more did Carnoustie pay Jamie Winter  to move from Broughty? Does that mean they have a bigger budget ?  

Whats happening at the club ? Both manager and club captain resign and retire in the same week ? Strange.

Read elsewhere that Carnoustie U19 team couldn't field a team in The Scottish yesterday. Connected or just a coincidence.

53 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Phil McGuire. Wasn't he pro-pyramid when he was at St Andrews?

Pro Pyramid when it involves St Andrews joining the Lowland League is one thing. 

Pro Pyramid when it involves Carnoustie joining the Highland League may well be a different matter. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

Pro Pyramid when it involves St Andrews joining the Lowland League is one thing. 

Pro Pyramid when it involves Carnoustie joining the Highland League may well be a different matter. 
Hope Phil and Mark show doesn't leave Carnoustie in same state they left St Andrews Utd in[emoji31]

• 3 weeks later...