East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

Hope the ref is better at Tayport this week. The one at Carnoustie on Saturday should never ref again, he was shocking! The decisions he let go, and pulled up was a disgrace.

And to blow the whistle without any added time at the end of the game, and when the ball wasn't even in the park is against the rules.

Hope you don't mind but I've fixed that for you. It was doing my head in.

11 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Hope the ref is better at Tayport this week the one at Carnoustie on saturday should never ref again he was shocking the decisions he let go and pulled up for was a disgrace

Amd to blew the whistle without any added time at the end of the game and when the ball wasnt even in the park is against the rules

Would not be surprised that he blew on 90 as he was sick of all the shouting and abuse coming from the Tayport dug out and supporters, you should take a step back and listen to urselfs sometime, and ask “ is this why we don’t get 50/ 50 decisions”.  

Would not be surprised that he blew on 90 as he was sick of all the shouting and abuse coming from the Tayport dug out and supporters, you should take a step back and listen to urselfs sometime, and ask “ is this why we don’t get 50/ 50 decisions”.  
Same last week against Broughty.

If they got the decisions right and a bit of consistancy on all decision we wouldn't be like that

All we ask for is consistancy and the same decisions for both sides not just the oposition

The one that got us the most was the decision by the lineswoman to put the flag up on our attack for a booking for us for discent which was correct but let us finish our attack first

And how the ref can then stop play and give Carnoustie a free kick amd booking when it was only a booking after the ball goes out of play is blatant lack of the rules

If they got the decisions right and a bit of consistancy on all decision we wouldn't be like that

All we ask for is consistancy and the same decisions for both sides not just the oposition

The one that got us the most was the decision by the lineswoman to put the flag up on our attack for a booking for us for discent which was correct but let us finish our attack first

And how the ref can then stop play and give Carnoustie a free kick amd booking when it was only a booking after the ball goes out of play is blatant lack of the rules

Show me a ref who gets all decisions right? Is it only the decisions that you agree with that are right?

Refs have a massive job, not an easy one at all, but it's the dubious decisions,and how each person interprets a rule that makes the game what it is.

I don't believe for 1 minute that any ref goes out to make wrong decisions or piss off a particular team, but they do have bad days like the rest of us do in our jobs.

The level of abuse aimed at refs is awful at times, And it looks like it's Tayports tactic to get aggressive with the officials. Something I witnessed myself last week.

Maybe they should concentrate more on trying to win the game because they're a handy side.

Looks like a must win day for the Gowfers, a defeat would put them 8 points behind current leaders Lochee and Broughy. Should be a cracking game.
Not a bad game, plenty talking points. Ref card happy early on so put massive pressure on himself. Broughty down to 10, should've been down to 9. Carnoustie were very disappointing when playing against 10. Broughty had too much for them though, and Broughty's No 18 must've been fouled about a hundred times. He enjoys that side of the game though.

Onto Lochee Utd next week. [emoji6]

35 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Not a bad game, plenty talking points. Ref card happy early on so put massive pressure on himself. Broughty down to 10, should've been down to 9. Carnoustie were very disappointing when playing against 10. Broughty had too much for them though, and Broughty's No 18 must've been fouled about a hundred times. He enjoys that side of the game though.

Onto Lochee Utd next week. emoji6.png

From a neutral perspective & my first game this season it was highly entertaining. 

Simple fact is Broughty were much better first half and played some good football and Carnoustie were better team in the second half. 

Carnoustie equalise & should go on and score again but denied by the post. 

Clinical by Broughty to take advantage of what looked a defensive error. Certainly was not a case of Broughty having too much, they created very little in the second half & struggled to get to grips with things. 

Sunny day and highly contested game of football. Look forward to seeing both teams again when I can this season. 

From a neutral perspective & my first game this season it was highly entertaining. 
Simple fact is Broughty were much better first half and played some good football and Carnoustie were better team in the second half. 
Carnoustie equalise & should go on and score again but denied by the post. 
Clinical by Broughty to take advantage of what looked a defensive error. Certainly was not a case of Broughty having too much, they created very little in the second half & struggled to get to grips with things. 
Sunny day and highly contested game of football. Look forward to seeing both teams again when I can this season. 

I think Carnoustie came out the traps very quickly in 2nd half and deservedly equalised (although Broughty should have been 2 or 3 up in first half)

Carnoustie then fell back out of the game imo and Broughty played well on the counter attack after going down to 10 men. Good battle but Carnoustie will be kicking themselves though as I don't think they managed the game very well after equalizing.

5 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

I think Carnoustie came out the traps very quickly in 2nd half and deservedly equalised (although Broughty should have been 2 or 3 up in first half)

Carnoustie then fell back out of the game imo and Broughty played well on the counter attack after going down to 10 men. Good battle but Carnoustie will be kicking themselves though as I don't think they managed the game very well after equalizing.

I think your right about that. It looked as though carnoustie would go on to score more after the equaliser with the pressure they had for about a 20 mins  period but looks like a missed opportunity for them.

Not much between the sides over 90 mins and thought a draw would have been about right. 

Really enjoyed the game though. 

23 hours ago, watchful eye said:

I think your right about that. It looked as though carnoustie would go on to score more after the equaliser with the pressure they had for about a 20 mins  period but looks like a missed opportunity for them.

Not much between the sides over 90 mins and thought a draw would have been about right. 

Really enjoyed the game though. 

Don’t agree about not much between the sides, game should have been finished in the first half , Broughty totally outplayed and out passed The Gowfers.  Carnoustie did start the second half with  more grit and determination but run out of steam after they scored, overall I thought Broughty deserved the win, but do need to be more clinical when on top.

Don’t agree about not much between the sides, game should have been finished in the first half , Broughty totally outplayed and out passed The Gowfers.  Carnoustie did start the second half with  more grit and determination but run out of steam after they scored, overall I thought Broughty deserved the win, but do need to be more clinical when on top.
Good assessment there John, pretty much echoed what I said. Carnoustie were disappointing if truth be told.

Looking forward to it.Lochee start big favourites imo though.

Now now jock don’t start favourites lark 🤣🤣. Lochee have an excellent team and squad imo. Have goals all over the park. Dougie Cameron is the player who makes lochee tick think it will be a very close game. Good luck for season though jock

Jock you spoke to soon 🤣[emoji106]
Wondered how long it would take you to be on here [emoji35] [emoji15]

Well, what can I say. Awful first half, both sides cancelling each other out. 2nd half was men against boys. Out played and out muscled and the probably more worrying was the non reaction to going a goal down. No leaders, no one wanting to put their foot on the ball, and absolutely no goal threat.

Very impressed with Lochee in the 2nd half and especially with Grant Lawson, the lad ran the show and was outstanding.

Broughty got a lesson today.

Well done Lochee Utd.

Wondered how long it would take you to be on here [emoji35] [emoji15]

Well, what can I say. Awful first half, both sides cancelling each other out. 2nd half was men against boys. Out played and out muscled and the probably more worrying was the non reaction to going a goal down. No leaders, no one wanting to put their foot on the ball, and absolutely no goal threat.

Very impressed with Lochee in the 2nd half and especially with Grant Lawson, the lad ran the show and was outstanding.

Broughty got a lesson today.

Well done Lochee Utd.

Was busy today so not at match. So lochee play good football then? Early days but the league is very poor compared to recently but what can you do. All the best jock