East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

Saturday's fixtures.

Based on my assumption that the sides who picked up 3 points last week will form the top places in the league come May, my predictions probably come as no surprise.

I'll go:

Home win

Home win

Away win

Away win

Away win

Away win Screenshot_20180809-105442_Twitter.jpg.4659d78b5393c81624b0af14ca05af9b.jpg

Guest brycey
On 8/7/2018 at 11:08, Derek Sharp said:

Aye very childish it was a joke FFS....everyone is a bit touchy about EOS and Superleague...all clubs have made there decision whether right or wrong...and tbh I couldn't care less ...I have been brought up watching Fauldhouse United and will continue to watch and support them NO matter what league they are in.  So you enjoy watching football and supporting whoever you want and I will continue to watch Fauldhouse United wherever they play....simple.   

fair points sir- no pressure on fauldhouse today as they should easily roll relegation candidates whitburn over 

Guest brycey
8 hours ago, Fifes finest said:
8 hours ago, brycey said:
poor result for fauldhouse this tbh

Why was it a bad result ?

of course its a poor result - to lose three goals to the relegation candidates and a team who will be bankrupt by the end of the season with all the travelling is a big shock to the system for fauldhouse and tbh whitburn are only in the tayside league by default - farcical if you ask me lol

Former Scottish internationalist Kevin McNaughton made it 2 superleague teams in 2 weeks.
Appeared for Kirrie Thistle yesterday.
I assume there are limits of teams in a season even for trialists.

Did you hear why he wasn’t offered a deal at lochee?

On 8 August 2018 at 11:28, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Blantyre Celtic might have had Jimmy Johnstone and Paul Wilson at the same time in the early 1980s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wilson_(footballer,_born_1950)

...After his spell at Thistle he was tempted into junior football by ex-Celtic teammate Jimmy Johnstone with Blantyre Celtic,[2] winning a junior international cap...

The two players played under an agreement to share the gate money (admissioon was about 50p at the time) Think the crowd was about 2000 at the first home game and then it gradually dwindled away as the weeks when by. Think around the same time George Best did something similar with Hibs.

I think the league might look like that come May time. 
Broughty appear to have spent well during the summer. The boy Scott (ex Forfar) is a player, quick & lots of talent. 
I think these 3 will finish the top 3 but really it could be in any order.

Marc Scott is a definite coup for Broughty, terrific signing, and when he gets fully up to speed (he's had quite a bit of injury issues) he'll tear the league up imo.

The others have made some great signings too.

35 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

I think these 3 will finish the top 3 but really it could be in any order.

Marc Scott is a definite coup for Broughty, terrific signing, and when he gets fully up to speed (he's had quite a bit of injury issues) he'll tear the league up imo.

The others have made some great signings too.

Look forward to taking in some games in the coming weeks. 

I think you might be right, top 3 are strong sides but good to see Forfar West End have improved.  Gonna be interesting as the weeks progress 

Look forward to taking in some games in the coming weeks. 
I think you might be right, top 3 are strong sides but good to see Forfar West End have improved.  Gonna be interesting as the weeks progress 
Broughty at West End on Saturday, looking forward to it. Something has to give.