East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

The talk is that, if there's an influx into the EoS, they'll form an EoS Premier of the top 16 clubs in this season's league, then any new clubs will join the other 23 EoS clubs in another conference-style set-up like this year's. So they would be going in alongside most of the EoS clubs at tier 7, which would be the natural home (or higher) for most of those who haven't made the jump already. That's possibly more appealing to the smaller East Juniors than being in a conference with LTHV, Bonnyrigg, Dundonald and Bo'ness would have been, as they'd likely have taken a few hidings.
They can't just keep setting up conferences every year to accommodate clubs at their point of realisation. If you're late to the party, you take what's left. Don't think there are enough big names in East Region to come wading in next year and expect parity with the teams who had the courage to make the step this year.
All the big teams in the south east have made their move

1 minute ago, TheLad said:

They can't just keep setting up conferences every year to accommodate clubs at their point of realisation. If you're late to the party, you take what's left. Don't think there are enough big names in East Region to come wading in next year and expect parity with the teams who had the courage to make the step this year.

There's no value in a hell-mend-ye attitude.

We're not talking about "every year." We're talking about most coming over one year, and the rest the next. 

There's no value in a hell-mend-ye attitude.

We're not talking about "every year." We're talking about most coming over one year, and the rest the next. 

For some clubs it would be the second season of "transition" with no benefit to them. The existing members were accommodating to this season's influx, will they be so accommodating for a second wave?

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Better emoji106.png

Actually, you were right, Lochee Utd have to start as favourites, but I'm sure it'll be tight at the end.

Other than them, I guess yourselves & Carnoustie must have hope of winning it. Could be interesting at the top!

Edited by Marten

Guest brycey
12 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I cant get my head around the set up.

Whitburn relegated but end up with 2 promotion?

Teams winning their leagues and not being promoted.

This is another example why moving was right..!!

thats the complete farce of it all buddy  the teams who have left defo made the right move - me personally finished with junior fitba 

22 minutes ago, TheLad said:

The EoS have already talked about a form of regionalisation below the reformed EoS Premier. The numbers and the format for this year make it the easiest and fairest option. Its also all they can do heading into the season as there are too many factors at play to make anything more decisive.

March 31st is likely to be the deadline for applications next year. You can't turn around that far into a season and tell 7-? clubs in the bottom of the 3 EoS Conferences they're going to be essentially relegated to the 8th Tier depending on the number of applicants and how a series of promotion playoffs end in April/May.

I know there are a lot of opinions about what is happening in the East, but can I suggest that we keep that to threads like "junior football, what is the future?", "east region restructuring" & the appropriate threads in the EOS forum? Let's keep one to just discuss the league that is being played in the upcoming season, regardless of how it came to be.

Guest brycey
25 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

That's twice you've stated that. . . We heard you the first time emoji106.png

Enjoy B&Q and Tesco with the Mrs.

dont do b@q and tescos will b 2 busy watchin the eos and amateur fitba - the juniors are far too boring now lol

Guest brycey
7 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

DgMWYp3X4AAfm_R.jpg

But would have been better if the clubs south of Tay had moved together to EOS. Has just delayed the inevitable.

ffs the only decent team in this pub league is fauldhouse lol

Guest brycey
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Pop down to Blackburn Brycey, after all we gubbed the Hoose twice last season emoji6.png

aye yous did that lol n while am oan awe the best tae yous in the eos league defo made the right decision guys mon the burnie

This who thing baffles me, kirriemiur or any other team knew at the start of the season if they  finished in the bottom  three in last years premier league knew they would of been relegated correct?  And as for teams not to get promoted is plain stupid. What makes it worse is the vote i herd it wasn't even close. Can anyone tell why thats even possible or did the "car park" meeting do its job?

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The EoS have already talked about a form of regionalisation below the reformed EoS Premier. The numbers and the format for this year make it the easiest and fairest option. Its also all they can do heading into the season as there are too many factors at play to make anything more decisive.

March 31st is likely to be the deadline for applications next year. You can't turn around that far into a season and tell 7-? clubs in the bottom of the 3 EoS Conferences they're going to be essentially relegated to the 8th Tier depending on the number of applicants and how a series of promotion playoffs end in April/May.

Fair to who though? It's not fair to the 13 EoS clubs who this season agreed to a transition season to accomodate the new members.  To ask some (most?) of them to go through a second transition season isn't fair on them really.

I do think an outline of what will happen in different scenario's should be communicated to all existing members by the end of the year.  Hopefully not regional.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Fair to who though? It's not fair to the 13 EoS clubs who this season agreed to a transition season to accomodate the new members.  To ask some (most?) of them to go through a second transition season isn't fair on them really.

I do think an outline of what will happen in different scenario's should be communicated to all existing members by the end of the year.  Hopefully not regional.

John greenhorn said its regional at tier 7 next season 

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's the existing President of the League that's been coming out with the quotes. In various interviews, they've obviously discussed it in principle. Every club must realise that beyond the EoS Premier concept everything's up in the air as it's dependent on the number of applicants they actually get.

The members of the EoS this year both old and new are likely to be focused on getting licenced as well. That can see a chunk of their playing budget put into their infrastructure instead. Why add the unnecessary concern of a 8th Tier.

image.png.c8b178ff3a9541ca0201832bb62d4f2b.png