Iran vs Spain

senorsoupe

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

The way it’s panning most of the diddy teams will be eliminated before their third match

If Iran beat Portugal and Spain draw or lose to Morocco (no laughing at the back please) they’re through.

Erm ... is this a case of the UK's commentary leading how you guys feel cause absolutely no one out here in Spain thinks Iran were cheats ... the folk I've been talking to think they put an outstanding shift in, personally I think they worked their fucking socks off.

Cheating !!??

They DID put a shift in. They were also cheats. It's possible for both things to be true, although they packed the cheap stuff in for the second half. Still nowhere near good enough to deserve an actual result, but they did well for their ability.

1 minute ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

They DID put a shift in. They were also cheats. It's possible for both things to be true, although they packed the cheap stuff in for the second half. Still nowhere near good enough to deserve an actual result, but they did well for their ability.

You'll need to fill in the gaps then - if they were going down easy then Spain were just as culpable.

2 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I'll answer his with "eh?" and a "no they weren't".

Even if they were, it doesn’t change the fact that Iran were cheating. I don’t really care too much about it either way, there is a certain skill to the ‘dirty’ side of the game and I love Ramos for mastering it, but it was pretty clear they were doing it.

7 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I'll answer his with "eh?" and a "no they weren't".

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Even if they were, it doesn’t change the fact that Iran were cheating. I don’t really care too much about it either way, there is a certain skill to the ‘dirty’ side of the game and I love Ramos for mastering it, but it was pretty clear they were doing it.

Folk will always see a game differently, all I'll quantity it with,  again, is that nobody in this bar think Iran were cheating.

2 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Folk will always see a game differently, all I'll quantity it with,  again, is that nobody in this bar think Iran were cheating.

I am currently in Spain as well, and I think the point is that the Spanish don’t think of that as cheating, as they do the exact same. And as I said, I don’t have a problem with it really, but it is cheating going by the rulebook.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I am currently in Spain as well, and I think the point is that the Spanish don’t think of that as cheating, as they do the exact same. And as I said, I don’t have a problem with it really, but it is cheating going by the rulebook.

And my original, rubbished, point was that Spain were doing exactly the same.

I know a lot of the folk in this bar very well and they've been nothing but complementary towards Iran.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

And my original, rubbished, point was that Spain were doing exactly the same.

I know a lot of the folk in this bar very well and they've been nothing but complementary towards Iran.

Away you go and get pissed and enjoy yourself. You're on holiday man!

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, The OP said:

If Iran beat Portugal and Spain draw or lose to Morocco (no laughing at the back please) they’re through.

If Iran beat Portugal they are through. They will win the group if they win and Spain don’t beat Morocco.

Iran were play acting tae f**k first half definitely and imo deserved nothing out of the game. 

Spain have busquets in their side who I think is a fantastic player but he’s been a cheating c**t for a long time too, he’s a baller though so I’m inclined to let him awa with it :)

Archived