Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

Yep, there are a minority of people who can cause trouble intentionally or otherwise. Thats the nature of the beast here. Its an emotive subject. I can see mischief makers on both sides of the divide. Its unity thats called for, but unlikely to be achieved during this process. As long as I can remember, there has been division at the buffs, very few committee members stay around for very long.

Don't think in the 40 years I've attended Buffs games,have I witnessed so many troublemakers.Most of this nowadays is done by keyboard warriors.Everyone has been given the opportunity 2 put there points fwd or cum up with plans,but no 1 really has.The only folk who have a plan and have been very open,are the current committee who have the future existence of the Buffs at heart,as they are all genuine guys.We lost a good 1 in Colin Evans n I hope that will be the last.

Yep, we know that, the whole of Abbey Park is needing investment that isn't there. But the use of the word troublemakers is just plain wrong and unnecessary. Likely that there are, for whatever reason, mischief makers on both sides of the divide. 
Ok I will withdraw troublemakers does liars sound better because some people seem to tell stories without backing them up with facts n figures .

16 minutes ago, crfc said:
29 minutes ago, funky monkey said:
Yep, we know that, the whole of Abbey Park is needing investment that isn't there. But the use of the word troublemakers is just plain wrong and unnecessary. Likely that there are, for whatever reason, mischief makers on both sides of the divide. 

Ok I will withdraw troublemakers does liars sound better because some people seem to tell stories without backing them up with facts n figures .

No, thats no use either. If you've got proof that people are liars, name and shame them. Broad brush statements about liars and troublemakers isnt going to help bring unity to the club.

So, what lies are you talking about, who exactly are you referring to and what proof do you have? Get it out into the open so that we can move on from this, because its unhelpful to the debate and to the club otherwise.

Troublemakers it is .
1 .People being told by others they have a building then when asked about it they withdraw the statement.
2.People saying they have funding when they don't.
3.People calling others liars when they are told the facts .
All I want is those that wish to stay at Abbey park to speak up with facts n figures about the club's future at Abbey park not half hearted stories they have this n that if they don't have facts n figures then stop stirring the pot please that's all .

13 hours ago, crfc said:

Troublemakers it is .
1 .People being told by others they have a building then when asked about it they withdraw the statement.
2.People saying they have funding when they don't.
3.People calling others liars when they are told the facts .
All I want is those that wish to stay at Abbey park to speak up with facts n figures about the club's future at Abbey park not half hearted stories they have this n that if they don't have facts n figures then stop stirring the pot please that's all .

Who are these people that you refer to?

If people aren't coming forward with an alternative proposal for whatever reason, why are you so hung up on that? Surely, that's up to them?

I've been at most of the members/supporters meetings and there were some half baked ideas put forward, nothing concrete.

These meetings demonstrated a depth of feeling and threatened to get out of control, but with such an emotive subject thats no great surprise.

It would seem that there is only one proposal on offer at the moment, the vote on that to take place shortly. We should know where we stand after that.

Until then, the threats and mud slinging need to stop to try and bring some form of unity to the club. If there's no unity, then regardless of the vote, division will continue putting the future of the club in jeopardy.

If people aren't coming forward with an alternative proposal for whatever reason, why are you so hung up on that? Surely, that's up to them?
I've been at most of the members/supporters meetings and there were some half baked ideas put forward, nothing concrete.
These meetings demonstrated a depth of feeling and threatened to get out of control, but with such an emotive subject thats no great surprise.
It would seem that there is only one proposal on offer at the moment, the vote on that to take place shortly. We should know where we stand after that.
Until then, the threats and mud slinging need to stop to try and bring some form of unity to the club. If there's no unity, then regardless of the vote, division will continue putting the future of the club in jeopardy.

All I'm looking for is balance those that want to stay to come out and say they have found funding so people can unite behind them by the silence they seem to be happy letting rumours out with no confirmation no one is going to hold anything against them just let people know what's the other choice we have if any so we can unite and move forward in whatever way that maybe .

31 minutes ago, crfc said:
2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

All I'm looking for is balance those that want to stay to come out and say they have found funding so people can unite behind them by the silence they seem to be happy letting rumours out with no confirmation no one is going to hold anything against them just let people know what's the other choice we have if any so we can unite and move forward in whatever way that maybe .

Yep, agreed. If there is an alternative proposal that's not out there yet, it's time to let all Buffies know about it. I suspect that there is no alternative proposal forthcoming as much as we all hoped that there would be.

As usual on this forum a lot of name calling and blaming of who is right or wrong and which direction the club should be taking to remedy what is after all a very long standing problem.

The responsibility for the present situation surely lies with those in charge not this year, or last year,  but twenty years ago during the good times when cups were adorning the trophy cabinet, top players were being brought in for no doubt big money, but nothing  was being invested in the infrastructure at Abbey park. It might have been acceptable then but the chickens have now come home to roost and the very future of the club is in doubt. Other clubs have invested in their facilities, I see small improvements at many grounds each time I visit, look at what Troon have created, Ardrossan and Glenafton also, and even at places like Craigmark and Kello (I know that these are not the towns) I see people trying to improve their facilities, nothing changed at Kilwinning for many years and what was done did nothing to address the lack of adequate changing rooms for both players and officials, what should have been top priority. Having said all thatI do wish those trying to find a solution all the best.

A well deserved win but helped by the defender who shortly after getting a yellow card decided to jump with his knee extended into the back of his opponent.  Why did he do that?   That's what his goalie was shouting at the other defenders several times.   However, as we've witnessed before, 10 men played better and for a while looked as though a comeback was on the cards.

My first analogy of 2019 is to compare it with Beth Brownings' bakery shop, Main Street, Kilwinning.   When very busy it operates at maximum efficiency when there are 3 assistants behind the counter, fast service, quick wrapping and no queues at the till.  However, when a 4th assistant gets in the mix the assistants efficiency drops by approximately 40%.  ( my best guesstimates)   They get in each other's way and block access to the produce and the till.  They should take a lesson from the trials and tribulations of the Buffs,  cheers

Are team obliged by the rules to play with the full complement at all times ... could they hold a named player in reserve and field him ( with the Ref's permission of course) and withdraw another for sustenance and repair and detailed instruction and a good swearing if deemed beneficial?

Any pedants out there?

By the way, the Steak & Haggis pies are SUPREMELY DELICIOUS and made I understand by Brownings in Kilmarnock .... mebbees Kilwinkie should copy?   Even Rabbi Burns would approve.

One week to go to the vote,  so I closed the other thread so that we don't have to be deflected by malicious nonsense from the likes of kenny131.  Thanks all others who posted vital information and even if the Remainers didn't supply much in the way of facts to explain how we can afford to stay I know from private conversations with some who don't take to social media much or at all that they are still hopeful that Buffs remain at Abbey Park.   None of them thought it likely that the funds would be forthcoming to sort the changing rooms and sewers etc! but a few maintained they would no longer support the club once they move to KSC.  Let me say right away that I've known these folks to support the Buffs through thick and thin over the past twenty years so they don't make the statements lightly, rather as an expression of forlorn hope and dismay at the current Committee Chairman for forcing the issue.   Clearly if the final decision is for the move there are many who will not attend a match at KSC but will travel to away games.   I think we need 3 and a half psychologists to reason out the logic in there.   There is still opposition to the idea that the players and management have a full vote, maybe weight it to a half-vote, just to be fairer.   Also many feel that long-term regular supporters who cannot afford to outlay for the Season Ticket at the start of the season but still attend and pay at the gate for league and cup games should have a Vote, even half-a-vote, like the players?

Cumnock's facilities are supposed to be of the community but I didn't see it as being anything other than Cumnock Juniors' place.   Incidentally, around the large gate at the car park side the open wire fence has doubled green plastic mesh to prevent spectators looking in for free. 

Only Buffs fans would pay the other club to watch their own team.

When I get voted out I’ll be there as many Saturdays as I can, just like I did before I gave up nearly 3 years of my life to run this club when no one else would.

Actually can’t wait to be able to just have a beer and watch the game, it’ll either be next week or 3 years ;)

Its very easy to look at the club when it’s running along nicely and say “I could do better” I don’t remember any of these fans offering to help 3 season back when the previous chairman was in hospital and the secretary on holiday. Leaving only the treasurer to do everything on a match day, no wonder they stood down.

A year is a very long time when you’ve a club to run and a match every Saturday 

Nothing to do with me, but the fact players are getting a vote over some fans simply because they don’t have a season ticket is mental imo

Fans have been told at every meeting for 2 years,only a season ticket would guarantee a vote on any matters.As 4 the players,surely your Ben Lewis(10yrs),Adam Strain and Bryan Boylan(5yrs plus)who have had 2 put up with poor and sinking changing rooms and having 2 wait 4 a shower,are entitled 2 a vote!!!

Fans have been told at every meeting for 2 years,only a season ticket would guarantee a vote on any matters.As 4 the players,surely your Ben Lewis(10yrs),Adam Strain and Bryan Boylan(5yrs plus)who have had 2 put up with poor and sinking changing rooms and having 2 wait 4 a shower,are entitled 2 a vote!!!

Surely not every fan can afford a season ticket. You must know who the regular fans are and let them vote regardless of having a season or not

Surely not every fan can afford a season ticket. You must know who the regular fans are and let them vote regardless of having a season or not

Not an easy thing 2 decide n as I said ,it's not as if the club hasn't stated this over last cpl o seasons.Lot o folk on the fb page etc haven't been at a game in 20 years,do u give them a vote??

Not an easy thing 2 decide n as I said ,it's not as if the club hasn't stated this over last cpl o seasons.Lot o folk on the fb page etc haven't been at a game in 20 years,do u give them a vote??

No, if they don’t go to games and the facilities they can hardly moan about them