Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

I'll try and remember it...
Strain McLevy Maitland Pettigrew Syme McCloskey Fleming Lewis Monti Boylan McKenzie
Sam McCloskey in central midfield was definitely something that must never happen again [emoji38] 
3 at the back didn't work both wing backs mcluskey n mclevy didn't take part in the game untill after halftime when buffs went to 4 at the back ..

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strain McLevy Maitland Pettigrew Syme McCloskey Fleming Lewis Monti Boylan McKenzie
Sam McCloskey in central midfield was definitely something that must never happen again [emoji38] 

Central midfield is a big problem just now,missing the battling of the 2 boys we let go.id have Liam sitting and Fleming in front of him,as he's only 1 who can drive forward.

16 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Central midfield is a big problem just now,missing the battling of the 2 boys we let go.id have Liam sitting and Fleming in front of him,as he's only 1 who can drive forward.

Agreed. Centre mid is where our problems stem from. We lost Frye and Hanvey and missing McGuiness as a starter. Fleming is a fantastic player, but plays too deep, more like an old style sweeper.

Did i miss Sam playing in central midfield? I thought he was on the left all day. The perfect recipe for disaster, losing soft goals everyweek and not scoring as freely as last season. One win in seven is poor poor form.

Did i miss Sam playing in central midfield? I thought he was on the left all day. The perfect recipe for disaster, losing soft goals everyweek and not scoring as freely as last season. One win in seven is poor poor form.
Sam played as a wing back but he didn't know was he to stick or twist likewise the levy on the other side both played better when buffs went to 4 at the back pushing on .

Well down Buffs; you out foxed us today. But it is hard to come back from 2 goals down after 16 minutes. Beith were obviously still in celebration mode from last week!

Buffs need to go hard against their fans ; particularly the one who smashed a bottle in someone's face and then threaten all around ( both sets of fans. There was innocent young children in the thick of it) with the remaining broken bottle. Poor not have stewarding in place!

Trouble has sadly been a part of meetings in the last 5/6 years between Kilwinning and Beith.   Despite having a previous rowdy mob back in the day especially the late 80s and part of the 1990s, most Buffs fans are as a whole reasonably well behaved and their younger mob only turns out for games like this, against top opposition. However, loads of the Beith followers are quite unpredictable at times and when they're losing or they perceive a decision to have gone against them, they intimidate and threaten officials and rival fans, with missiles and the like,  also with an inept police force also clearly too scared to tackle them  even though it's their job to maintain " law and order " it opens up the floodgates for stuff like this to happen.  Regarding the trouble today, if someone has been injured my sympathies totally lie with the person and their family, but believe me, not many folk reading about this will show much due to the well known bad behaviour of a large chunk of the  Beith travelling support.  I've spoken to fans of Auchinleck, Medda, Cumnock, Pollok, Kirkintilloch, Glens,Petershill etc and they all share the same view of Beith fans, so yes Buffs should try and punish whoever injured a rival fan but hopefully Beith Juniors will also target the many anti-social elements who travel to their games, if not, what next? Anyway,  i wish the guy all the best and pleased with a fine 3-1 victory for Kilwinning today.

Yours in Junior Football 

FB  

What a first post the above is! Somehow trying to defend violence that that was clearly on the cards from early doors from a group of home ‘fans’ fuelled up and allowed to post an unacceptable banner to incite trouble and then try to deflect the blame!
Buffs deserved to win the match but trying to wash hands of the violence is ludicrous as any honest observer will testify.

You’re seriously trying to turn this round on the Beith fans?

They got attacked at Glenafton & fought back & same today. 

There was a  f*** Beith flag up for majority of game which was later taken down by a Kilwinning committee man who was decent (and apologising at the end of the game) like 99% of the Buffs fans always are. Told on good authority that the ones starting the trouble today weren’t at the recent league draw between the teams, so presume not regular fans & a couple of guys were waiting outside the ground apparently as well, not young kids.

I don’t  recall fighting at Pollok, Kirkintilloch or Petershill and it’s been years since anything with Medda, Cumnock or Talbot that I’m aware of.  Certain number of fans might not be angels when provoked but to say large chunk of travelling support is nonsense. If that was the case it would have been a worse outcome as there was a lot more Beith support exiting there than Buffs fans.

I only know of one other incident between fans & that ended with a Kilwinning supporter injured & long bans for two Beith fans at that time & nothing since then.

2 hours ago, Flickbeef said:

Trouble has sadly been a part of meetings in the last 5/6 years between Kilwinning and Beith.   Despite having a previous rowdy mob back in the day especially the late 80s and part of the 1990s, most Buffs fans are as a whole reasonably well behaved and their younger mob only turns out for games like this, against top opposition. However, loads of the Beith followers are quite unpredictable at times and when they're losing or they perceive a decision to have gone against them, they intimidate and threaten officials and rival fans, with missiles and the like,  also with an inept police force also clearly too scared to tackle them  even though it's their job to maintain " law and order " it opens up the floodgates for stuff like this to happen.  Regarding the trouble today, if someone has been injured my sympathies totally lie with the person and their family, but believe me, not many folk reading about this will show much due to the well known bad behaviour of a large chunk of the  Beith travelling support.  I've spoken to fans of Auchinleck, Medda, Cumnock, Pollok, Kirkintilloch, Glens,Petershill etc and they all share the same view of Beith fans, so yes Buffs should try and punish whoever injured a rival fan but hopefully Beith Juniors will also target the many anti-social elements who travel to their games, if not, what next? Anyway,  i wish the guy all the best and pleased with a fine 3-1 victory for Kilwinning today.

Yours in Junior Football 

FB  

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, most of the clubs you've mentioned there have  not had  even the slightest incident at games involving Beith, it seems you are doing your best to deflect what really happened today, from a home support that went to the bother of having a banner displayed in their opponents colours should clearly show you the mentality of the home fans in the shed behind the goals, every time I looked over they weren't even bothering with the game, it was quite obvious to most decent people there that there was the potential at the end of the game for bother, Kilwinning should have had a few committee in the area to prevent the home fans leaving until the Beith support were away from the ground, 5 minutes would have prevented that incident today and stopped anyone getting hurt, witnessed the whole thing from quite close by and the home fans all be it a small minority started that trouble today and there was retaliation from Beith supporters defending themselves from a cowardly attack with bottles, shame that incidents like this are the talking point after a junior cup tie between two good sides but there we are, all the best to the buffs in the next round no complaints at all about the result.

3 hours ago, Flickbeef said:

Yours in Junior Football 

FB  

Unbelievable post, was obvious that the so-called fans behind the goal were there for only one purpose, to cause trouble . They had no interest in the game and were moving to intercept the beith fans just before the final whistle. With many young children on both sides and  close to the trouble.  Kilwinning should have done more to keep the fans seperate.  As for trying to bring the beith fans down by citing incidents that never actually happened is deplorable and an obvious attempt to shift blame. Clubs have been thrown out the competition for less.  

Blackie Gold i do agree, better segregation should have been in place.  In both games between Talbot and Buffs this season  apart from the obvious rivalry and banter there has never been any threat of violence, says it all.  Interesting to see the Beith fans trying to play the innocent card here from previous instances ,  if they'd read my post correctly instead of picking holes in it they'd have seen i wished the Beith fan all the best and hoped he was ok.  I get the feeling that when they are the instigators of the violence wise they turn a blind eye but when it comes back to them they get all upset.   Their reply that it was Glens fans who started last seasons violence and they defended themselves is typical of folk who don't like to admit they have a problem. 

The incident is unfortunate as it did mar an otherwise perfect day for The Buffs, who recorded a very convincing win against all the odds.  

As i said earlier, i sincerely hope the Beith fan who was attacked is ok and no harm is meant to him or decent fans of Beith Juniors. 

Hopefully The Buffs can rid themselves of any fans who could potentially ruin a fine day and result. 

I also hope Beith Juniors rid themselves of the unsavoury element who follow their team too.  

Yours 

FB 

Dear Jacob Rees-Mogg.
Your second post is worse than your first. Take a look at yourself and don’t defend the indefensible. Today’s ‘unfortunate’ violence didn’t ‘potentially’ ruin the day - it did and it was totally home morons driven whether Beith supporters have a checkered history or not.
Your digging yourself into a deeper hole here. Accept responsibility and try to address it as lots of other clubs have had to in the past and almost certainly will have to again in the future.

Archived