Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

2 minutes ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

The question answered it’s self, hence the reason I said it was a rhetorical question. Of course management and players won’t be happy loosing last 3 games in the manor we have.

To the manner born

1 minute ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

The question answered it’s self, hence the reason I said it was a rhetorical question. Of course management and players won’t be happy loosing last 3 games in the manor we have.

Quiestion did not answered its self as you imply .

7 minutes ago, Kilwinning Rangers 1899 said:

Another thing, were you actually expecting a member of coaching staff or a player, to come on and answer you?

Lol Well if they do then that's up to them ....but I only asked a question 

2 hours ago, quietmaybe said:

No I think You can see it was a question .why would it have been anything different .

A rhetorical question is not a question about the art of speaking effectively; it is a question that is asked for effect, rather than from a desire to know the answer. “Why did you stop beating your wife ?” is a rhetorical question.

A salesman calculatingly only asks questions designed to elicit Yes or No responses.   He has ploys to deal with either, leading, of course, to a point at which he can ask the closing of the deal question, such as, " Do you waant that item delivered tomorrow or would next Tuesday do ?"

If you had asked of the players and coaches, " Why have you played in the manner you did over the past 3 weeks?" you just might have got a reasoned response explaining that our planned strategy failed immediately we encountered the opposition.(or not).

Due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't travel to the Renfrew match but did attend Winton's game against Maybole.   A Winton fan may well have asked the same question you posed, after all, Maybole have lost 70 goals from 29 matches ,an average of more than 3 goals per game, so they should have been 'humped', especially as Winton had Michael Wardrope in midfield (he had an OK game, one narrowly missed great shot from 30 yards out) ,   and Harpo ( David Smith) who limped off injured.   What did Maybole do differently for that match given that their giant defender took an ankle knock within 10 minutes and had to be replaced late in the match.   The answer is just what Junior football is all about, 'Uncertainty'.  This is derived from the Quantum Mechanics Theory whereby a particle such as an electron or proton can be in 2 different places at the same time whilst also simultaneously not existing.  This is analogous to Junior football whereby whenever a player passes a ball to his colleague who is no longer in a position to receive the pass it is generally intercepted by another player with a different coloured shirt, but Quantum Mechanics is colour blind and cares not who receives the ball so long as it stays within the orbit of the nucleus.   If an injection of extra energy is provided to the electrons / players the quantum effect is to immediately shift them to another orbit and conversely if some energy is depleted they shift to a slower orbit.

The state of play and the outcome is governed by the Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Physics and varies according to the position of the observer.   In short, you cannot accurately predict what the outcome will be, only that an outcome will occur.

You asked a Rhetorical Question yet you got an answer .... surely no-one needed to do that!

11 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

A rhetorical question is not a question about the art of speaking effectively; it is a question that is asked for effect, rather than from a desire to know the answer. “Why did you stop beating your wife ?” is a rhetorical question.

A salesman calculatingly only asks questions designed to elicit Yes or No responses.   He has ploys to deal with either, leading, of course, to a point at which he can ask the closing of the deal question, such as, " Do you waant that item delivered tomorrow or would next Tuesday do ?"

If you had asked of the players and coaches, " Why have you played in the manner you did over the past 3 weeks?" you just might have got a reasoned response explaining that our planned strategy failed immediately we encountered the opposition.(or not).

Due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't travel to the Renfrew match but did attend Winton's game against Maybole.   A Winton fan may well have asked the same question you posed, after all, Maybole have lost 70 goals from 29 matches ,an average of more than 3 goals per game, so they should have been 'humped', especially as Winton had Michael Wardrope in midfield (he had an OK game, one narrowly missed great shot from 30 yards out) ,   and Harpo ( David Smith) who limped off injured.   What did Maybole do differently for that match given that their giant defender took an ankle knock within 10 minutes and had to be replaced late in the match.   The answer is just what Junior football is all about, 'Uncertainty'.  This is derived from the Quantum Mechanics Theory whereby a particle such as an electron or proton can be in 2 different places at the same time whilst also simultaneously not existing.  This is analogous to Junior football whereby whenever a player passes a ball to his colleague who is no longer in a position to receive the pass it is generally intercepted by another player with a different coloured shirt, but Quantum Mechanics is colour blind and cares not who receives the ball so long as it stays within the orbit of the nucleus.   If an injection of extra energy is provided to the electrons / players the quantum effect is to immediately shift them to another orbit and conversely if some energy is depleted they shift to a slower orbit.

The state of play and the outcome is governed by the Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Physics and varies according to the position of the observer.   In short, you cannot accurately predict what the outcome will be, only that an outcome will occur.

You asked a Rhetorical Question yet you got an answer .... surely no-one needed to do that!

Oh dear .....that was a speech then ...but again ..i only asked a question that could have been answered or ignored  .

Oh dear indeed, you seem to be running out of full stops, 5 then 3 then 2 then 1.  Perhaps your periodic electrons have elevated to a parallel universe, here, have some of mine, I've got more than I need, ...........................................................................................................................................................

25 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

Oh dear indeed, you seem to be running out of full stops, 5 then 3 then 2 then 1.  Perhaps your periodic electrons have elevated to a parallel universe, here, have some of mine, I've got more than I need, ...........................................................................................................................................................

Ha ha sorry for annoying you . All this over a question must have annoyed someone .

Edited by quietmaybe

2 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Your verbal diarrhoea may be almost in overflow mode, but your basic arithmetic leaves you floundering at the bottom of the class. 70 goals conceded in 29 matches would average out at 2.41 per game, some way short of your notional 'more than 3'. Brush up your basic skills before spouting in future.

Apologies for my error in quanta ... should have read 22 games, 29 for, 70 against .... you do the arithmetic, cheers

Quietmaybe ... not annoyed in the slightest, I just didn't think  any player or management would answer you ... some folks are real easy to annoy though, maths pedants e.g.

51 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

Apologies for my error in quanta ... should have read 22 games, 29 for, 70 against .... you do the arithmetic, cheers

Quietmaybe ... not annoyed in the slightest, I just didn't think  any player or management would answer you ... some folks are real easy to annoy though, maths pedants e.g.

Well there you go then , but you never know who comes on  because of user names