Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

7 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Good post Colin. 

All I've tried to do on here is establish a debate and try not to finger point, because it's important that the debate happens for obvious reasons.

The 'remainer' tag and negativity surrounding it is ridiculous, as you say all Buffs fans are remainers, but should also be realistic in the challenges facing the club.

One thing I will be critical of is the need for an EGM and stand down of the current committee if the vote is to stay. Given the hard work you guys have put in so far, this seems somewhat petulant. I also understand the need for fresh input and ideas, but committees at every club will say the same, this is always required.

The whole debate has suffered due to the lack of an alternative proposal to consider. Given the importance of the situation, thats surely disappointing for all Buffs fans?

Any way, I made my decision some time ago. Hoping for continued success for our club. Always a rollercoaster ride following the Buffs.

Onwards and upwards COYB

Was it a petition or partition they had on the bus today 

No idea what you are on about comrade. I don't use the supporters bus.
Neither do I but just popped up the toon only to be told that a petition is going round it's amazing what you hear in Tescos (other supermarkets are availble) .

Don’t know why they are bothering with a petition, just had to ask me and I’ve had called an EGM

33 Members names required 

Believed to be on the basis that we’ve changed the constitution.

It wouldn’t be the Buffs if there’s confusion.

So...when we started running the club we were given two constitutions, one that was voted in by the members and one that was a work in progress by the previous secretary, work continued on this constitution as it was needed to go for an asset transfer, when we were advised that an asset transfer wasn’t a great idea for us, work on this constitution was stopped by the previous secretary, so we are working off the one that was voted in, I believe, in 2015 and signed by the previous Chairman and Secretary.

Happy to show anyone the copy we got and I’m sure it’ll match the original that the previous secretary has.

I’ve also called someone on the SJFA and West Region management teams and they don’t keep copies of club constitutions, I can pass on contact details, just pm me.

Don’t know why they are bothering with a petition, just had to ask me and I’ve had called an EGM
33 Members names required 
Believed to be on the basis that we’ve changed the constitution.
It wouldn’t be the Buffs if there’s confusion.
So...when we started running the club we were given two constitutions, one that was voted in by the members and one that was a work in progress by the previous secretary, work continued on this constitution as it was needed to go for an asset transfer, when we were advised that an asset transfer wasn’t a great idea for us, work on this constitution was stopped by the previous secretary, so we are working off the one that was voted in, I believe, in 2015 and signed by the previous Chairman and Secretary.
Happy to show anyone the copy we got and I’m sure it’ll match the original that the previous secretary has.
I’ve also called someone on the SJFA and West Region management teams and they don’t keep copies of club constitutions, I can pass on contact details, just pm me.
Sorry didn't mean to bother you was hoping to see the petition or even sign it things are a bit desperate indeed ....

On 12/01/2019 at 15:49, juventus said:

Absolute non-sense, Maryhill will probably and most likely get a flat fee for renting the park plus any bar takings.

People in glass houses ...

Sorry I was one of those guys that was having a private conversation and had no idea like the rest of us how ground share works with Maryhill and Clydebank but only conclusion we had was we wouldn't like to ground share 

And at no time were we talking about maryhill or Clydebank in any bad way 

Next time mind your own buissnes 

Sorry I was one of those guys that was having a private conversation and had no idea like the rest of us how ground share works with Maryhill and Clydebank but only conclusion we had was we wouldn't like to ground share 
And at no time were we talking about maryhill or Clydebank in any bad way 
Next time mind your own buissnes 

No body said you were talking about Kilwinning in a bad way, i’ve been nothing but supportive of Kilwinning so settle down a bit. It turns out several people have been saying the same thing at the game on saturday as a few bankies were asked by Kilwinning fans the same thing. Its hard for someone to not hear something that’s being spoken about at quite a loud level.

Stuck in the mire.   Just watched the Clydebank v Buffs video (just posted on P & B at the top of the listings) and although both teams had to cope with the same conditions clearly playing on porridge was more difficult for the Buffs due to them  usually having salt on theirs instead of gooey syrup.  Apart from bad passing and wrong-footing the mud assisted several of the goals, but not all 5.   Time for a  self-imposed voluntary ban on players speaking to Referees and their assistants as the manager seems incapable of controlling himself, maybe he should start off by standing away from the pitch-side as the players he constantly shouts instructions to just blank him half the time anyway.

Have a look at the GARTCAIRN  thread by the way, NEW facilities, paid for by Quangos from the Ratepayers etc!  Weel done them?

Much rubbish overheard on Saturday about 5 year plans and why don't we get John Bennett to pay for the new changing rooms and we can pay him back over the next few years, and John Bennett's got copies of the constitution in his office, and anybody who smiles at Colin Boyd gets a vote and the only reason they don't call an EGM is because they know they'll lose the vote without even knowing what the agenda would be, and Somebody ( you know who) must be going to make big bucks out of Abbey Park.   Clearly there were movers and shakers on a miniscule scale attempting to mount a rearguard action to preserve the status quo at Abbey Park but they don't seem to realise that scare-mongering and scurrilous remarks just make folks want to be disassociated from them  especially as their only solution is maybe asking John Bennett to maybe pay for the works if indeed they are necessary at all, after all, we've managed so far the way things are.  I despair.

Why was there an extra dozen people on the coach on Saturday, what inspired them to come out, did they hear there was a petition going to be on the bus?   An EGM with a proper agreed Agenda would be a good thing ... it would settle the arguments and be the last chance for alternative solutions ... Put up or Shut up!

1 hour ago, Marlowe said:

Stuck in the mire.   Just watched the Clydebank v Buffs video (just posted on P & B at the top of the listings) and although both teams had to cope with the same conditions clearly playing on porridge was more difficult for the Buffs due to them  usually having salt on theirs instead of gooey syrup.  Apart from bad passing and wrong-footing the mud assisted several of the goals, but not all 5.   Time for a  self-imposed voluntary ban on players speaking to Referees and their assistants as the manager seems incapable of controlling himself, maybe he should start off by standing away from the pitch-side as the players he constantly shouts instructions to just blank him half the time anyway.

Was it your own pitch that lead to the 2-0 home defeat earlier in the season?

Kilwinning were an embarrassment on Saturday.

Have a look at the GARTCAIRN  thread by the way, NEW facilities, paid for by Quangos from the Ratepayers etc!  Weel done them?
Much rubbish overheard on Saturday about 5 year plans and why don't we get John Bennett to pay for the new changing rooms and we can pay him back over the next few years, and John Bennett's got copies of the constitution in his office, and anybody who smiles at Colin Boyd gets a vote and the only reason they don't call an EGM is because they know they'll lose the vote without even knowing what the agenda would be, and Somebody ( you know who) must be going to make big bucks out of Abbey Park.   Clearly there were movers and shakers on a miniscule scale attempting to mount a rearguard action to preserve the status quo at Abbey Park but they don't seem to realise that scare-mongering and scurrilous remarks just make folks want to be disassociated from them  especially as their only solution is maybe asking John Bennett to maybe pay for the works if indeed they are necessary at all, after all, we've managed so far the way things are.  I despair.
Why was there an extra dozen people on the coach on Saturday, what inspired them to come out, did they hear there was a petition going to be on the bus?   An EGM with a proper agreed Agenda would be a good thing ... it would settle the arguments and be the last chance for alternative solutions ... Put up or Shut up!
Now we are days away from voting Mr bents name is mentioned why did he not come up with a plan when he was chairman why has he and his stay friends spread rumours if they wished a meeting to put there side over to the people they dont need a egm just call a meeting to let's know there plans for Abbey park im sure the people of kilwinning would have been happy to attend in there numbers as no wants to leave Abbey park but logic says we have to .

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Was it your own pitch that lead to the 2-0 home defeat earlier in the season?

Kilwinning were an embarrassment on Saturday.

The pitch was dreadful to be fair. Was little football played on it.

Before the madness there was little in the game. Buffs wanted one touch too many, Clydebank relied upon mistakes and breaking with pace.

No doubt Clydebank deserved to win the game, but the final score didn't reflect how even the first hour was.

I was going to say we'll see you again next season, but that's not likely is it?

14 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It was an even game and our opening goal was a belter.

The Buffs centre forward was a red card waiting to happen the whole game and he had to go for lashing out.

What happened afterwards was totally unacceptable and had it been my team I’d have been extremely disappointed with the management and players.

It was unacceptable, I agree.

The officials were of a poor standard, but even so, got to keep a bit of composure and rise above it.

For what it's worth, I didn't think Boylan's first booking was worthy. Why would any player dive in that position? The tackle and retaliation for the second booking I couldn't see from my position.

I was told that Bankies second goal was well offside, some Bankies fans confirmed, but that doesn't excuse the madness that followed.

RE: Stuck in the mire.

Just watched it again ... clear breach of Winners Rules.

Defenders, 1st priority, clear the danger first.

Fleming should have hoofed it forwards.   Whyte should have thrown it forwards.  Boylan should not have made a blind pass inwards (can't call it intercepted when it went straight to the opponent) when his right back was nearer and clear of opponents.   Having said that, this was still on the halfway line and shouldn't have resulted in a goal.   The first hour was an exciting game played with gusto by both sides and the only complaint I would have of the Buffs was that all hoofed forward balls seemed to be drawn like a moth to the bright shiny dome of the No 5 who was or should have been Man of the Match ( not be-little-ing the scorer here).

The Maryhill mud was our undoing, and then the implosion ... 

The danger is that some will say " bad day at the Office let's move on"  verbally abusing the Refs has become a habit from the Buffs, when will they ever learn?

2 hours ago, Marlowe said:

RE: Stuck in the mire.

Just watched it again ... clear breach of Winners Rules.

Defenders, 1st priority, clear the danger first.

Fleming should have hoofed it forwards.   Whyte should have thrown it forwards.  Boylan should not have made a blind pass inwards (can't call it intercepted when it went straight to the opponent) when his right back was nearer and clear of opponents.   Having said that, this was still on the halfway line and shouldn't have resulted in a goal.   The first hour was an exciting game played with gusto by both sides and the only complaint I would have of the Buffs was that all hoofed forward balls seemed to be drawn like a moth to the bright shiny dome of the No 5 who was or should have been Man of the Match ( not be-little-ing the scorer here).

The Maryhill mud was our undoing, and then the implosion ... 

The danger is that some will say " bad day at the Office let's move on"  verbally abusing the Refs has become a habit from the Buffs, when will they ever learn?

Aye, the verbal abuse of officials is never far away. It's in Buffs DNA at the moment from the bench to the players.

Time for Buffs to address this issue and rise above the standard of officials.

All of this in a week where we have more important matters to deal with.

Now we are days away from voting Mr bents name is mentioned why did he not come up with a plan when he was chairman why has he and his stay friends spread rumours if they wished a meeting to put there side over to the people they dont need a egm just call a meeting to let's know there plans for Abbey park im sure the people of kilwinning would have been happy to attend in there numbers as no wants to leave Abbey park but logic says we have to .

Maybe we,'ll get his payment 4 his advertising boards now from his 1st time as Chairman[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]