Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

Alan I dont see how we could stay on in the main capacity, the committee in full are saying we need to move to maintain the level of the club and have exhausted all avenues to replace the changing rooms, what could we possibly do by staying?

Hope isn’t a plan, and “wait and see” is past, we’ve waited and saw and still in the same situation, I don’t know what I could do next season, granted they changing rooms might last 5 year, but they also might last 5 weeks, and a refusal to use might never come, but could come in 2 weeks, we can’t run a club with this hanging over us, in most cases I can see the majority of us still being about in some capacity.

38 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Alan I dont see how we could stay on in the main capacity, the committee in full are saying we need to move to maintain the level of the club and have exhausted all avenues to replace the changing rooms, what could we possibly do by staying?

Hope isn’t a plan, and “wait and see” is past, we’ve waited and saw and still in the same situation, I don’t know what I could do next season, granted they changing rooms might last 5 year, but they also might last 5 weeks, and a refusal to use might never come, but could come in 2 weeks, we can’t run a club with this hanging over us, in most cases I can see the majority of us still being about in some capacity.

Fair enough Colin, I completely understand where you are coming from. 

I think the vote will return a decision to move. But if it doesn't, surely the existing committee would have been best served to stay in place to the end of the season to keep the club going. I'm not aware that there is anybody waiting in the wings to take over. So, I take it that the current committee wouldn't allow the club to die at an EGM?

Edited by funky monkey

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

I think the vote will return a decision to move. But if it doesn't, surely the existing committee would have been best served to stay in place to the end of the season to keep the club going. I'm not aware that there is anybody waiting in the wings to take over. So, I take it that the current committee wouldn't allow the club to die at an EGM?

They would be fools to hang about goodness the negative abuse they get 

13 hours ago, crfc said:
13 hours ago, funky monkey said:
Essentially it's all about the changing rooms. That's the immediate threat.

Not really Abbey park requires a new sewage drain plus a new electric supply into the ground before dressing rooms are build then a new terracings to meet sfa safety standards scottish football is changing over the next few seasons your ability isn't what teams are going to be judged by it's your condition of the ground you play at Abbey park is not up to basic sfa standard so things need done now not next year or in 5 years time if buffs want to exist for any length a move to ksc is required why spend years playing in mediocre leagues with a mediocre ground when we can move a short distant in the town to stay a major strength in what will be a semi pro system as in 5 years time even shorter juniors won't even be known.

There's nothing that I can add to this that I haven't already.

I'll just highlight the point about SFA standards. It depends upon the level of ambition of the club. There's plenty of junior grounds that'll not conform in one aspect or another. There's little money in the junior game to comply with SFA standards. There's a question of realism too. As a club, ground issues aside, where do we see ourselves in the grand scheme of things? We are a yoyo club historically after all ...

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Of course we wouldn’t, however players contracts need sorted and budgets need set for the following season, I can tell you first hand doing this in June after an AGM and trying to get players etc is a lot harder than being able to talk to players in Jan/Feb

Also a new committee would have time to make plans for the level of ambition you mentioned.

Ive talked to both Clydebank and Rob Roy and groundsharing would kill us, Ive actually no idea how they manage to stay afloat let alone be in the top league

Just heard a bunch of guys in Kilwinning jackets say that Maryhill get all our home gates... no wonder you feel the way you do if that kinda mis-information is going about.

Just heard a bunch of guys in Kilwinning jackets say that Maryhill get all our home gates... no wonder you feel the way you do if that kinda mis-information is going about.

Absolute non-sense, Maryhill will probably and most likely get a flat fee for renting the park plus any bar takings.

People in glass houses ...

Absolute non-sense, Maryhill will probably and most likely get a flat fee for renting the park plus any bar takings.

People in glass houses ...

Ive no idea what you mean by the last part, im simply clarifying that Maryhill don’t take our gate money as people seem to see it as a negative of groundsharing.

I like kilwinning, the fans took what must have been a hard day at the office really well and I particularly felt gutted for the goalie who shouldnt have had five goals against him today.

I know they are going through a tough time but im hopeful for their future.

Todays game wasn’t helped by what i’d call an officious referee, 3 sendings off 2 of which appeared to be linked to dissent.

Are all 3 players suspended for next weeks derby?

Think they were all second yellow cards, one of the guys had to be held back from the linesman on the way off so i’ve no idea if that will hold any weight on bans etc. The last red cards seemed to come from anger over an offside decision (i wasn’t in line however i’ve been told the boy was offside), buffs lost their discipline and lost two players to dissent. I dont feel like it was a particularly great performance from the ref, felt he was looking to book as many as possible.

The standard of officials in the junior game is poor as witnessed at Maryhill today, however, the attitude and behaviour of our manager and players today left a lot to be desired. We've got to keep our composure when we have to, that wasn't acceptable today.

The standard of officials in the junior game is poor as witnessed at Maryhill today, however, the attitude and behaviour of our manager and players today left a lot to be desired. We've got to keep our composure when we have to, that wasn't acceptable today.

I’m not a huge fan of your manager, i understand the frustration of the players, not excusing it, but agree had they kept their heads the game was still pretty open. We missed 3 good chances early on and could have been punished for that. Im sure you guys will dust yourselves off just like we did when Hurlford gubbed us and get some momentum behind you for the run in! All the best!!