Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

I would say that his posts are a bit bizarre, I'm not sure who it is that he keeps referring to as 'remainers', because even the committee themselves have continually reiterated their desire to stay at Abbey Park. It's the imminent threat that the changing rooms pose that has forced the issue. Again, it is speculative to suggest that any move to KSC would secure the long term future of the club. It will secure the short term future because of the changing rooms, nothing else is guaranteed. 

At this time,there is no outlook 4 the future at Abbey Park,as those facilities won't last another cpl of years.Ksc gives us a chance 2 build something 4 the future and if we r saving the planned 16k n putting it towards the facilities,along with the money promised from a few who want 2 invest in the new park,I think it will take shape in cpl o years.The plans looked good.

2 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

At this time,there is no outlook 4 the future at Abbey Park,as those facilities won't last another cpl of years.Ksc gives us a chance 2 build something 4 the future and if we r saving the planned 16k n putting it towards the facilities,along with the money promised from a few who want 2 invest in the new park,I think it will take shape in cpl o years.The plans looked good.

I like your optimism, but I don't necessarily share it. For me, the plans are speculative and undercosted and it'll take hell of an effort to provide the facilities needed at KSC.

I like your optimism, but I don't necessarily share it. For me, the plans are speculative and undercosted and it'll take hell of an effort to provide the facilities needed at KSC.

I don't really see any alternative. Stay at Abbey Park,where teams have complained bout changing rooms,or couldn't fit in the away 1??a boiler in the refs room,that falls thru the floor,or the lot could end up in Ladyford Ave???

37 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The work that's been detailed for KSC seems to be about adding facilities for spectators (catering, bar, paths, stand, terracing) as the dressing rooms etc. are up to standard. Surely it's a good idea to have decent facilities for the teams on the park, whilst saving yourself running costs and then building on that foundation for the fans.

The consequences of staying at Abbey Park don't seem to have been spelled out, I don't know what the rules are but might the SJFA step in and do something if opponents/officials complain about the facilities?

Edited by Ginaro

33 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

If saving is right ...if the few unnamed and unspecified amout ....and plans what plans have you seen ..alot of if' s I suppose the fans that want to stay at AP could say if they get the investors or if they get sponsorship ...to go with architectural plans then AP  would  live on ....but ifs and buts on all scenarios

19 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

I don't really see any alternative. Stay at Abbey Park,where teams have complained bout changing rooms,or couldn't fit in the away 1??a boiler in the refs room,that falls thru the floor,or the lot could end up in Ladyford Ave???

Essentially it's all about the changing rooms. That's the immediate threat.

It will always be an emotive topic moving from your "spiritual" home but from what I have read is a no brainer to move to protect the future of the Buffs.

There has been a number of wholesale changes in Buffs Committees over the years and a lot of infighting in that time.

This Committee, to me, has finally grasped the nettle, understands the issues and has come up with a plan to tackle the infrastructure problems and the lack of funds to resolve them.

Pennyburn has the potential to be an integrated facility for all levels of football in Kilwinning and could be the benchmark for other Junior Clubs going forward. 

The Committee should be commended on having the balls to take action where previous Committees failed. If they hadn't what would be the future of the Buffs?  No funds available to finance the provision of basic facilities. No Dressing Rooms to allow matches to take place. Probably no Committee, who would take this on? No ideas and no funding from those opposed to moving. There is really no alternative.

Essentially it's all about the changing rooms. That's the immediate threat.
Not really Abbey park requires a new sewage drain plus a new electric supply into the ground before dressing rooms are build then a new terracings to meet sfa safety standards scottish football is changing over the next few seasons your ability isn't what teams are going to be judged by it's your condition of the ground you play at Abbey park is not up to basic sfa standard so things need done now not next year or in 5 years time if buffs want to exist for any length a move to ksc is required why spend years playing in mediocre leagues with a mediocre ground when we can move a short distant in the town to stay a major strength in what will be a semi pro system as in 5 years time even shorter juniors won't even be known.

5 minutes ago, the rambler said:

It will always be an emotive topic moving from your "spiritual" home but from what I have read is a no brainer to move to protect the future of the Buffs.

There has been a number of wholesale changes in Buffs Committees over the years and a lot of infighting in that time.

This Committee, to me, has finally grasped the nettle, understands the issues and has come up with a plan to tackle the infrastructure problems and the lack of funds to resolve them.

Pennyburn has the potential to be an integrated facility for all levels of football in Kilwinning and could be the benchmark for other Junior Clubs going forward. 

The Committee should be commended on having the balls to take action where previous Committees failed. If they hadn't what would be the future of the Buffs?  No funds available to finance the provision of basic facilities. No Dressing Rooms to allow matches to take place. Probably no Committee, who would take this on? No ideas and no funding from those opposed to moving. There is really no alternative.

It would seem that there is no alternative. Any move to KSC has potential, but no guarantee that it'll secure the long term future of the club. I'm not shit stirring by saying that, it's just a plain fact. KSC, because of the changing rooms, will secure the short term future of the club. Everything else is just speculative based upon perceived investment, savings and a lot of hard work.

It would seem that there is no alternative. Any move to KSC has potential, but no guarantee that it'll secure the long term future of the club. I'm not shit stirring by saying that, it's just a plain fact. KSC, because of the changing rooms, will secure the short term future of the club. Everything else is just speculative based upon perceived investment, savings and a lot of hard work.
Buffs future is more certain at ksc than it is at Abbey park in my thoughts buffs won't last to end of this year .

19 minutes ago, crfc said:
25 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Buffs future is more certain at ksc than it is at Abbey park in my thoughts buffs won't last to end of this year .

Playing devils advocate, but if the changing rooms could be secured at Abbey Park, would you say the same?

Playing devils advocate, but if the changing rooms could be secured at Abbey Park, would you say the same?

Yes why spend money when a system a short distance away is already up and running Abbey park needs far to much work done to meet sfa standards required

This wasn’t an easy decision for the committee to come to, there are no winners or losers in this situation.

Imagine asking John Evans, Colin Evans, Danny Watt, Wee Tam, Wee Pete, Jim Cochrane countless “Buffs men” and volunteers what they think about the idea of moving. 

I can tell you first hand the abuse and the many “over my dead body” statements.

Then when we explain the true costs of just finishing the half done projects let alone building a new changing room  they started to open their eyes, but always with “we have to try” 

And then watched many fundraising ideas start and fail, speakers night, music night, race night, sponsors hospitality day, correct score tote, that actually once had a £500 prize and made £84 

To start to stick this on to people that want to stay is ridiculous, we’ve tried fundraising, we know how hard it is, we gave time for others to try incase we hadn’t looked somewhere and when it was clear others had tried and hit the same wall as us then it was time for the vote.

We’re all “remainers” the committee just had more first hand information from trying for the last 3 years than most people.

Our first fear was splitting the club the second is being asked to stop using Abbey Park, the female linesman two months back got changed in a relatives house in the Blacklands, and Banks O Dee couldn’t fit everyone in the changing room and players had to stand outside, those levels of facilities will come to an end sooner rather than later and splitting the club over a move seemed like a price to pay for the continuation of the Buffs,

Ive talked to both Clydebank and Rob Roy and groundsharing would kill us, Ive actually no idea how they manage to stay afloat let alone be in the top league

Stay or move I’ll still be a Buffs fan and if the votes to stay then I’ll be available to help where I can, but fresh ideas are needed.

If saving is right ...if the few unnamed and unspecified amout ....and plans what plans have you seen ..alot of if' s I suppose the fans that want to stay at AP could say if they get the investors or if they get sponsorship ...to go with architectural plans then AP  would  live on ....but ifs and buts on all scenarios

The costings r all there 4 Ksc ,so where's the ifs n buts??If u save 16k a year,then it's not rocket science,u can put that 2 facilities and playing staff,along with the pledges of money from fans as well.

14 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

The costings r all there 4 Ksc ,so where's the ifs n buts??If u save 16k a year,then it's not rocket science,u can put that 2 facilities and playing staff,along with the pledges of money from fans as well.

On 14/12/2018 at 15:32, Nimble Bobby Brown said:

The Buffs can consider themselves very lucky that the KSC alternative if there and they should be dancing along the road.Other teams in similar positions wouldn't or have not had such a fantastic alternative.

Maybe just maybe overspending on the playing side has contributed not failing to properly upkeep the facilities, can understand that though, no decent team then less punters and less sponsors.

9 hours ago, parkcircus said:

This wasn’t an easy decision for the committee to come to, there are no winners or losers in this situation.

Imagine asking John Evans, Colin Evans, Danny Watt, Wee Tam, Wee Pete, Jim Cochrane countless “Buffs men” and volunteers what they think about the idea of moving. 

I can tell you first hand the abuse and the many “over my dead body” statements.

Then when we explain the true costs of just finishing the half done projects let alone building a new changing room  they started to open their eyes, but always with “we have to try” 

And then watched many fundraising ideas start and fail, speakers night, music night, race night, sponsors hospitality day, correct score tote, that actually once had a £500 prize and made £84 

To start to stick this on to people that want to stay is ridiculous, we’ve tried fundraising, we know how hard it is, we gave time for others to try incase we hadn’t looked somewhere and when it was clear others had tried and hit the same wall as us then it was time for the vote.

We’re all “remainers” the committee just had more first hand information from trying for the last 3 years than most people.

Our first fear was splitting the club the second is being asked to stop using Abbey Park, the female linesman two months back got changed in a relatives house in the Blacklands, and Banks O Dee couldn’t fit everyone in the changing room and players had to stand outside, those levels of facilities will come to an end sooner rather than later and splitting the club over a move seemed like a price to pay for the continuation of the Buffs,

Ive talked to both Clydebank and Rob Roy and groundsharing would kill us, Ive actually no idea how they manage to stay afloat let alone be in the top league

Stay or move I’ll still be a Buffs fan and if the votes to stay then I’ll be available to help where I can, but fresh ideas are needed.

Fantastic post that. Honest, fair and on point. Fair play to you.

10 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Good post Colin. 

All I've tried to do on here is establish a debate and try not to finger point, because it's important that the debate happens for obvious reasons.

The 'remainer' tag and negativity surrounding it is ridiculous, as you say all Buffs fans are remainers, but should also be realistic in the challenges facing the club.

One thing I will be critical of is the need for an EGM and stand down of the current committee if the vote is to stay. Given the hard work you guys have put in so far, this seems somewhat petulant. I also understand the need for fresh input and ideas, but committees at every club will say the same, this is always required.

The whole debate has suffered due to the lack of an alternative proposal to consider. Given the importance of the situation, thats surely disappointing for all Buffs fans?

Any way, I made my decision some time ago. Hoping for continued success for our club. Always a rollercoaster ride following the Buffs.

Onwards and upwards COYB

2 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

as you said IF you save 16k    IF pledges of money