Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Are Buffs really going to leave Abbey Park after all the shenanigans getting it from Palmer in the '90s ? Sad. Seems strange that Medda were also considering a move when Strain Snr had so much say there. Take it that the ground can't be sold for housing as that was reason Buffs were able to remain playing at the ground years back. 

On 12/20/2018 at 07:12, parkcircus said:

It’ll most likely be:

Members, about 100

Committee/Volunteers about 15

Employees(Players/Management) about 20

All the people that can vote will be listed and will get a voting slip, won’t be a show of hands and voting will be open for several hours and adjudicated by a local councillor and not the committee 

I haven't been at  the last couple of home matches, but buffs are usually always worth a watch home or away, I know they have big problems with dwindling crowds. I don't how their constitution works, but seems a bit odd to give paid players a vote on their future choice of venue, some junior committees might be worried about this scenario, surely players have vested financial interest on the outcome of this vote re future , if ( as it seems what I can gather)there is a bigger available working budget on a move vote.

Wish them all the best for 2019 wherever they play.

On 12/30/2018 at 16:02, djorkiev said:

I haven't been at  the last couple of home matches, but buffs are usually always worth a watch home or away, I know they have big problems with dwindling crowds. I don't how their constitution works, but seems a bit odd to give paid players a vote on their future choice of venue, some junior committees might be worried about this scenario, surely players have vested financial interest on the outcome of this vote re future , if ( as it seems what I can gather)there is a bigger available working budget on a move vote.

Wish them all the best for 2019 wherever they play.

The Chairman has explained the rationale behind the List of Voters in a post on the other thread.   I take your point about players possibly having a vested interest but it's balanced by the fact that they have already been using KSC facilities for training for some time and are therefore familiar with the place.   If any don't like it they can vote to remain at Abbey Park.   The Squad Budget has been reduced recently so they are being paid less than originally contracted for and with the future Abbey Park financial constraints this might worsen.  In the longer term there are so many unknowns regarding Club Income that it's a long-shot hope that they would automatically be better paid.   Surely the Right to Vote as expressed by the Chairman is that all those who have a Commitment to the Club should have their say and everybody else can express their opinions on Pie and Bovril,  FREE of Charge.  

2 hours ago, Marlowe said:

The Chairman has explained the rationale behind the List of Voters in a post on the other thread.   I take your point about players possibly having a vested interest but it's balanced by the fact that they have already been using KSC facilities for training for some time and are therefore familiar with the place.   If any don't like it they can vote to remain at Abbey Park.   The Squad Budget has been reduced recently so they are being paid less than originally contracted for and with the future Abbey Park financial constraints this might worsen.  In the longer term there are so many unknowns regarding Club Income that it's a long-shot hope that they would automatically be better paid.   Surely the Right to Vote as expressed by the Chairman is that all those who have a Commitment to the Club should have their say and everybody else can express their opinions on Pie and Bovril,  FREE of Charge.  

Thanks for the reply, still think many other junior committees would be a bit wary of this situation, I read the chairman's response on the other thread, vote for the future of the club tag seems a bit odd, for a decision as vital as this, it is surely merits EGM status.  This eligible list might feed the anxiety of some of the doubters, not really necessary, if as I perceive the the majority are for the move, hope the club can come out of this stronger.

Thanks for the reply, still think many other junior committees would be a bit wary of this situation, I read the chairman's response on the other thread, vote for the future of the club tag seems a bit odd, for a decision as vital as this, it is surely merits EGM status.  This eligible list might feed the anxiety of some of the doubters, not really necessary, if as I perceive the the majority are for the move, hope the club can come out of this stronger.
Over the last 18 months the committee has had meeting regarding the club's future the end project having a vote which will decide the club's future move to ksc or stay at Abbey park the move has been outlined stage by stage by those that wish to leave those that wish to stay have been deadly with there silence so far if they don't speak up soon the move is on as all they want to do is cause trouble for those that have done the hard work to get buffs away from a tombstone that is Abbey park .

1 hour ago, crfc said:
2 hours ago, djorkiev said:

Over the last 18 months the committee has had meeting regarding the club's future the end project having a vote which will decide the club's future move to ksc or stay at Abbey park the move has been outlined stage by stage by those that wish to leave those that wish to stay have been deadly with there silence so far if they don't speak up soon the move is on as all they want to do is cause trouble for those that have done the hard work to get buffs away from a tombstone that is Abbey park .

This is the type of confrontational post that doesn't help narrow the divide.

Despite your description of Abbey Park as a Tombstone, at this moment in time it is still home to The Buffs. As for labelling people as troublemakers, again this type of broad brush antagonistic sweeping statement is plain wrong and much less than helpful.

Despite your description of Abbey Park as a Tombstone, at this moment in time it is still home to The Buffs. As for labelling people as troublemakers, again this type of broad brush antagonistic sweeping statement is plain wrong and much less than helpful.
People wouldn't be called trouble makers if they backed themselves up with facts n figures to remove the tombstone that is Abbey park it's not just dressing rooms that's needed at Abbey park it's a whole new terracing toilets just to reach basic sfa rules to stay at a lower league level as it's not your ability that's judged but your facilities to stay at a decent level of football that's needed at Abbey park so until the facts n figures are but before us it remains a tombstone.

Let's b honest here,there has been troublemakers,or why has 1 committee member,who raised a lot of money 4 club walked away n why has countless lies been said bout the chairman and current committee.B glad 2 c it all by with n the club hopefully moving fwd.

45 minutes ago, crfc said:
1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

People wouldn't be called trouble makers if they backed themselves up with facts n figures to remove the tombstone that is Abbey park it's not just dressing rooms that's needed at Abbey park it's a whole new terracing toilets just to reach basic sfa rules to stay at a lower league level as it's not your ability that's judged but your facilities to stay at a decent level of football that's needed at Abbey park so until the facts n figures are but before us it remains a tombstone.

Yep, we know that, the whole of Abbey Park is needing investment that isn't there. But the use of the word troublemakers is just plain wrong and unnecessary. Likely that there are, for whatever reason, mischief makers on both sides of the divide. 

39 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

Let's b honest here,there has been troublemakers,or why has 1 committee member,who raised a lot of money 4 club walked away n why has countless lies been said bout the chairman and current committee.B glad 2 c it all by with n the club hopefully moving fwd.

Yep, there are a minority of people who can cause trouble intentionally or otherwise. Thats the nature of the beast here. Its an emotive subject. I can see mischief makers on both sides of the divide. Its unity thats called for, but unlikely to be achieved during this process. As long as I can remember, there has been division at the buffs, very few committee members stay around for very long.

Archived