Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like all the remainers are all talk no action. Be interested to hear what there plans are for staying at abbey park. All we hear is they dont want to move.

Think that's how things r moving fwd,there is no concrete plans or funding n they've had long enough.

Regarding the vote - is it a simple majority wins or does it have to be a certain percentage for change before it becomes successful?

Don't think that's bn decided yet,but there talking season ticket holders,committee n volunteers voting.

It’ll most likely be:

Members, about 100

Committee/Volunteers about 15

Employees(Players/Management) about 20

All the people that can vote will be listed and will get a voting slip, won’t be a show of hands and voting will be open for several hours and adjudicated by a local councillor and not the committee 

Think for the majority there will be a huge emotional attachment to Abbey Park, certainly for me it’s got almost 50 years of memories.

However if it’s in the best interests of the Buffs as a football team first, then we need to be open to change and let the committee put their plans forward. I can’t help but commend the current committee for the work they have done in improving the club.

What would be the plans for Abbey Park if the Buffs do leave? From memory it’s zoned for leisure, would it pass back to the council to maintain its upkeep? Is there any way Abbey Park could fall under the umbrella of the Sports Club?

1 hour ago, The viper said:

Think for the majority there will be a huge emotional attachment to Abbey Park, certainly for me it’s got almost 50 years of memories.

However if it’s in the best interests of the Buffs as a football team first, then we need to be open to change and let the committee put their plans forward. I can’t help but commend the current committee for the work they have done in improving the club.

What would be the plans for Abbey Park if the Buffs do leave? From memory it’s zoned for leisure, would it pass back to the council to maintain its upkeep? Is there any way Abbey Park could fall under the umbrella of the Sports Club?

After relocation we would keep it to see if its still needed, and then talk to the council with it possibly being handed back if we no longer have a use for it.

I imagine it would need cleared, that could take a while

Are Buffs really going to leave Abbey Park after all the shenanigans getting it from Palmer in the '90s ? Sad. Seems strange that Medda were also considering a move when Strain Snr had so much say there. Take it that the ground can't be sold for housing as that was reason Buffs were able to remain playing at the ground years back. 

So,...the taxpayers of the entirety of North Ayrshire own the ground ?...and it is currently zoned for leisure purposes and presumably can't be used for house building, (or any other purpose ), at least until the local plan is changed ?

Forgive me if it has already been discussed earlier in this thread but can you also confirm that you personally have a commercial involvement (and therefore a commercial preference) in the club moving to the sports ground rather than remaining at New Abbey Park ?

So,...the taxpayers of the entirety of North Ayrshire own the ground ?...and it is currently zoned for leisure purposes and presumably can't be used for house building, (or any other purpose ), at least until the local plan is changed ?
Forgive me if it has already been discussed earlier in this thread but can you also confirm that you personally have a commercial involvement (and therefore a commercial preference) in the club moving to the sports ground rather than remaining at New Abbey Park ?

Think folk need 2 realise that it's not the chairman n committee that realise the Buffs need 2 move,the sensible fwd thinking fans and players do as well.

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Commercial involvement? Please explain more.

The buffs are a junior football club, and have ran at a loss for at least the 7 of the last 8 years. (That’s as long as I’ve been involved with the committees)

The cost to replace the sewage pipe is £20k alone, because the illegal one that’s there runs into a neighbours back garden and into a rainwater downpipe.

Last season I paid off debts of £23k mostly run up by trying to fix Abbey Park 

KSC is a audited charity that in Jan last year was running at a loss, on track to be profitable in 2022.

The Buffs pay KSC £4k per year as a member for training, within that payment we are allowed to play our homegames there, so KSC don’t benefit financially from us moving there.

Personally I’ve given KSC £1800 to fix the golf range so it can open and this year will add £8k to open the hospitality area.

Ok sometimes I don’t pay for the pie and the free half time sandwich’s are great

There isn’t any zoning on Abbey Park, our lease says it’ll be used for football.

And I’m not a builder in anyway, I get someone when I need lightbulbs changed.

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

I take it you are not a Buffs supporter? I'd say most Buffs supporters will already know the answers to your questions. Bit of fishing going on?

Read all about it!!  POT calls the KETTLE black

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/threave-rovers-unveil-new-football-12621342

just remember you read it here first.

It seems from that article as though all the taxpayers of Dumfries and Galloway have gifted you the keys to the kingdom.  A massive facility, FREE GRATIS.

Who paid for those Floodlights then?   Who the F--k are you really, Black Pennel and why are you interfering in the affairs of a club with which you have no connection, or have you, or had you?

Archived